• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Golden Justice (OU)

Hello to all those on Serebii. My name is..... tim (Leave a smile at the end of your rate if you got the referance, hint Monty Python) I am the most powerful member of the clan known as Team Sky and I am a personal friend of Notelobo. This is my OU team that I have been using to great success so far. It is based on the fact that most of the members are shiny and their shiny sprites are golden. But enough of my rambling here is the team building logic!

Team Building Logic!
Ok so first I wanted two of my favorites of all time for a couple of reasons. They work well together and they are both Shiny! Woot! Here comes Lucario and Luxray.
;448; ;405;
Then I added in Latias for the synergy between it and Lucario and Luxray. These three form the core of my team. I also found that the shiny sprite of Latias is gold as well so after lots of searching I found a shiny version of it for my team.
;448; ;405; ;380;
Then I wanted a good wall and someone to fight off the Drizzle teams that plague OU. I found Vaporeon for it and decided to run wish support as well!
;448; ;405; ;380; ;134;
I also wanted to have someone to back up Vaporeon and I wanted a lot more physical power because of the special power in the rest of my team. I decided on Darmanitan for shear force effect.
;448; ;405; ;380; ;134; :555:
Finally I added Swampert for another mixed sweeper and some more resistances to play around with.
;448; ;405; ;380; ;134; :555: ;260;
So that is what I came up with and here are their sets
448.png
Lucario
name: Drake
Item: Expert Belt
Ability: Justified
Blaze Kick
Dragon Pulse
Extreme Speed
Aura Sphere
Nature: Rash
Ev's: 252 attack, 252 spattack, 4 Speed
This is my favorite golden attacker of the team, and my favorite Pokemon ever. Lucario is a brutal mixed sweeper with its coverage and power. Rash was chosen over adamant or Modest so that I could keep my stats high in both areas. Blaze Kick is used to take out Scizor, Ferothorn, and the ocational Fortress, as well as being a good move for coverage. Dragon Pulse paired with Blaze Kick gives flawless coverage with the exception of Heatran. Aura Sphere though makes up for this by hitting normally physically defensive Heatran for a heavy hit. Extreme Speed gives me +2 priority to pick off any weakened Pokemon. Expert Belt gives this huge range of coverage an extra boost in power.

405s.png
Luxray
Name: Arcvolt
Item: Blaze Orb
Ability: Guts
Wild Charge
Ice Fang
Crunch
Fire Fang
Nature: Adamant
Ev's: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 hp
This Luxray set takes full advantage of its newest ability in the form of Guts. You come in and get hit by the Blaze Orb for a safe way to get the Guts boost. Fire and Ice Fang give good coverage against threats in the OU tier. Combining that with Wild Charge and you get the physical version of a Bolt/Beam combo to give me amazing coverage. Crunch is there as a filler and lets me hit Ghosts and Psychics hard.

LatiasFINALXousS.png
Latias
Name: Aurora
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Roost
Calm Mind
Draco Meteor
Psychic
Nature: Calm
Ev's: 252 hp, 252 spdef, 4 spattack
This set is fairly strait forwards. Calm Mind boost on an opponent who can't hurt you while they swap out. Then go for some damage with Psychic or go for broke with Draco Meteor. Calm Mind plus Calm nature allow Latias to soak up most all Special Attacks and deal with Physical ones though its Hp stat. It doesn't like taking Physical hits but with Roost it can deal with a few with ease.

Vaporeon.png
Vaporeon
Name: Deluge
Ability: Water Absorb
Wish
Stored Power
Acid Armor
Scald
Ev's: 252 Hp, 252 spdef, 4 spattack
This is a set that just abuses and abuses and abuses Stored Power. One Acid Armor brings Vaporeons defense up from 125 to 250 and makes Stored Power's base power 60. Two uses of Acid Armor Brings your defense up to 375 and ups stored power to 100. Three uses of Acid Armor and you have a base defense of 500 and Stored Power gets a base power of 140. Add in Wish and Leftovers to keep you alive and to provide wish support for the rest of the team and its looking good. Scald is the stab of choice and gives a chance for burn to make killing Vaporeon even harder.

darmanitan_v_2_by_xous54-d3645v4.png
Darmanitan
Name: Rasher
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Flare Blitz
U-Turn
Take Down
Hammer Arm
Ev's: 252 attack, 252 Hp, 4 speed
This set is just to abuse the Life Orb plus Sheer Force effect when your using a recoil move. Ok so here is how it goes, Flare Blitz gets a stab boost to get it from 120 to 180. Now add in the sheer force boost to take it up to around 240 (239.4). Now add in life orb to take it up to a blistering 311! Oh and did I mention Sheer Force takes away the Life Orb Recoil? Ya its like a nuke you carry on your shoulder when this thing gets going. To bad it doesn't get swords dance. U-turn lets you get out of trouble when your Hp is down. Take Down and Hammer Arm are just there for filler and coverage. But seriously 311, wrap your head around that....

260.png
Swampert
Name: Mudflaps
Ability: Torrent
Earthquake
Hydro Pump
Ice Punch
Stealth Rock
Nature: Naughty
Ev's: 252 attack, 252 spattack, 4 speed
This is another mixed attacker to add to my team in the form of swampert. Earthquake and Hydro Pump are your two stab moves and give good coverage on Physicaly and Specialy defensive pokemon. Ice Punch gives great coverage when combined with the other two moves. Stealth Rock is there so that I have a user of it on my team basicaly. You can never go without some stealth rocks I say =)

So that's my team. Please rate and share your opinions.

Last edited:

NoteLobo

Banned
Try something other then Stored Power on Vaporeon. The odds of you getting in three Acid Armor's is kinda low. Unless your opponent was an idiot.

Klaus™

Banned
hey tim. glad to see you're finally posting. i'm on a time shortage here, so i can't rate it atm. so this is the dreaded luke....glad to see you using blaze kick. tis my fav move. :)

btw, its a witch! burn her, burn her! "she turned me into a newt!" well, i got better! :)

Klaus™

Banned
now that my time thing is done...on to the rate.

i would make swampy a full attacker, physically. swap out hydro pump for waterfall and switch special attack evs for hp evs. make it much bulkier.

i have to agree with note. stored power is only really good on baton pass teams. but, ironically, you could switch it out with......drum roll....baton pass! pass on some defense boosts to a team mem, *coughlatiascough*. with that change, change latias's psychic to stored power.

other than that, it seems good. bringing back some uu poke i see. i really like this team. its very creative and works! kudos!

Please Rate people!!!!!!!!!!!!

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
I would choose Earthquake over Hammer Arm on Darmanitan, so that the Speed drop won't mess up his sweep. I like what you did with Swampert, but I find it a bit gimmicky at best. Like stated above, go with the full physical set, with Waterfall, Earthquake, Ice Punch, and Hammer Arm/Stone-Edge with possibly the Choice Band equipped. Swampert is often seen as a wall, so this set is sure to catch several opponent's off guard. You can actually give him Stealth Rocks in the final slot to give the illusion that you really are a wall.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

I'm not goign to do a full rate as some of these sets are odd and I have no idea how well they would work, but I would like to say that you should use Hidden Power [Fire]>Blaze Kick and Close Combat>Aura Sphere. Close Combat will always hit Heatran harder as no uses Physically defensive Heatran, and Hidden Power [Fire] hits everyone you listed harder, albeit it might not matter unless your in rain, and retains perfect accuracy. I would have to use the team later to do a rate of it...

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Hello to all those on Serebii. My name is..... tim (Leave a smile at the end of your rate if you got the referance, hint Monty Python) I am the most powerful member of the clan known as Team Sky and I am a personal friend of Notelobo. This is my OU team that I have been using to great success so far. It is based on the fact that most of the members are shiny and their shiny sprites are golden. But enough of my rambling here is the team building logic!

Team Building Logic!
Ok so first I wanted two of my favorites of all time for a couple of reasons. They work well together and they are both Shiny! Woot! Here comes Lucario and Luxray.
;448; ;405;
Then I added in Latias for the synergy between it and Lucario and Luxray. These three form the core of my team. I also found that the shiny sprite of Latias is gold as well so after lots of searching I found a shiny version of it for my team.
;448; ;405; ;380;
Then I wanted a good wall and someone to fight off the Drizzle teams that plague OU. I found Vaporeon for it and decided to run wish support as well!
;448; ;405; ;380; ;134;
I also wanted to have someone to back up Vaporeon and I wanted a lot more physical power because of the special power in the rest of my team. I decided on Darmanitan for shear force effect.
;448; ;405; ;380; ;134; :555:
Finally I added Swampert for another mixed sweeper and some more resistances to play around with.
;448; ;405; ;380; ;134; :555: ;260;
So that is what I came up with and here are their sets
448.png
Lucario
name: Drake
Item: Expert Belt
Ability: Justified
Blaze Kick
Dragon Pulse
Extreme Speed
Aura Sphere
Nature: Rash
Ev's: 252 attack, 252 spattack, 4 Speed
This is my favorite golden attacker of the team, and my favorite Pokemon ever. Lucario is a brutal mixed sweeper with its coverage and power. Rash was chosen over adamant or Modest so that I could keep my stats high in both areas. Blaze Kick is used to take out Scizor, Ferothorn, and the ocational Fortress, as well as being a good move for coverage. Dragon Pulse paired with Blaze Kick gives flawless coverage with the exception of Heatran. Aura Sphere though makes up for this by hitting normally physically defensive Heatran for a heavy hit. Extreme Speed gives me +2 priority to pick off any weakened Pokemon. Expert Belt gives this huge range of coverage an extra boost in power.

Lucario is not particularly fast nor bulky, so I'm not sure how it has been working for you so far. A choice scarf may be another good idea for items.

405s.png
Luxray
Name: Arcvolt
Item: Blaze Orb
Ability: Guts
Wild Charge
Ice Fang
Crunch
Fire Fang
Ev's: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 hp
This Luxray set takes full advantage of its newest ability in the form of Guts. You come in and get hit by the Blaze Orb for a safe way to get the Guts boost. Fire and Ice Fang give good coverage against threats in the OU tier. Combining that with Wild Charge and you get the physical version of a Bolt/Beam combo to give me amazing coverage. Crunch is there as a filler and lets me hit Ghosts and Psychics hard.

I have mixed feelings for Luxray from when I played it in Nu. This set should work fine, and unless he learns flame charge I have no suggestions for you.

LatiasFINALXousS.png
Latias
Name: Aurora
Ability: Levitate
Wish
Calm Mind
Dracon pulse
Psychic
Ev's: 252 hp, 252 spdef, 4 spattack
This set is fairly strait forwards. Calm Mind boost on an opponent who can't hurt you while they swap out. Then go for some damage with Psychic or go for broke with Draco Meteor. Calm Mind plus Calm nature allow Latias to soak up most all Special Attacks and deal with Physical ones though its Hp stat. It doesn't like taking Physical hits but with Roost it can deal with a few with ease.

Wish is great because you can heal your allies with it to. However it takes some prediction if you choose that over roost. Calm mind and Draco meteor seems like a great combo, continually having to calm mind to keep attacking is a drag. Lastly surf or hp fire is recommended so you are not walled by every steel in the game. [/b]

Vaporeon.png
Vaporeon
Name: Deluge
Ability: Water Absorb
Wish
Ice beam/toxic
Acid Armor
Scald
Ev's: 252 Hp, 252 spdef, 4 spattack
This is a set that just abuses and abuses and abuses Stored Power. One Acid Armor brings Vaporeons defense up from 125 to 250 and makes Stored Power's base power 60. Two uses of Acid Armor Brings your defense up to 375 and ups stored power to 100. Three uses of Acid Armor and you have a base defense of 500 and Stored Power gets a base power of 140. Add in Wish and Leftovers to keep you alive and to provide wish support for the rest of the team and its looking good. Scald is the stab of choice and gives a chance for burn to make killing Vaporeon even harder.

While stored power seems great, it won't always have a chance to be used. Ice beam covers dragons and grass types but toxic can be used on fellow walls.

darmanitan_v_2_by_xous54-d3645v4.png
Darmanitan
Name: Rasher
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Flare Blitz
U-Turn
Take Down
Hammer Arm
Ev's: 252 attack, 252 Hp, 4 speed
This set is just to abuse the Life Orb plus Sheer Force effect when your using a recoil move. Ok so here is how it goes, Flare Blitz gets a stab boost to get it from 120 to 180. Now add in the sheer force boost to take it up to around 240 (239.4). Now add in life orb to take it up to a blistering 311! Oh and did I mention Sheer Force takes away the Life Orb Recoil? Ya its like a nuke you carry on your shoulder when this thing gets going. To bad it doesn't get swords dance. U-turn lets you get out of trouble when your Hp is down. Take Down and Hammer Arm are just there for filler and coverage. But seriously 311, wrap your head around that....
looks good
260.png
Swampert
Name: Mudflaps
Ability: Torrent
Earthquake
Hydro Pump
Ice Punch
Stealth Rock
Nature: Naughty
Ev's: 252 attack, 252 spattack, 4 speed
This is another mixed attacker to add to my team in the form of swampert. Earthquake and Hydro Pump are your two stab moves and give good coverage on Physicaly and Specialy defensive pokemon. Ice Punch gives great coverage when combined with the other two moves. Stealth Rock is there so that I have a user of it on my team basicaly. You can never go without some stealth rocks I say =)

I am not the best with swampert, so use it however. Superpower is always a great option though.

So that's my team. Please rate and share your opinions.

As always, suggestions are in bold.