• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Golden Sun Series topic

IJuggler

how much words
I'm pretty sure that, while Camelot makes the games, they're licensed by Nintendo. I checked through the other pages and didn't see a GS topic, which frankly appalls me.

Golden Sun, in my (and many others) opinion, has the best music for any GBA games out. It's great music, and if you have a copy of the second game, you can listen to every track in all their glory.

I'm sort of hoping I'm not the only person here who has played Golden Sun, as well. If anyone else here has, what do you think of it?

Slick

Banned
Was it a Golden Sun or Golden Sun 3 thread that was promptly closed a while ago?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
It's a good game, but ever since the RNG method was discovered the gameplay was broken in two.

Incidentally, it's also really frustrating without a guide. Especially in Lost Age, with the Lemuria segment and the preceding Trident section.

woot21

super noob
Was it a Golden Sun or Golden Sun 3 thread that was promptly closed a while ago?

Golden Sun 3, because I said it would become a wild speculation thread that would turn into mass spam, like the Brawl and SSB4 threads.

woot21 out dawgs

jellsprout

It's a good game, but ever since the RNG method was discovered the gameplay was broken in two.

Pokémon, Fire Emblem and pretty much every other RPG has also had their RNG systems cracked. Did their gameplay broke in two as well?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Pokémon, Fire Emblem and pretty much every other RPG has also had their RNG systems cracked. Did their gameplay broke in two as well?

I assume you haven't played Golden Sun if you don't know what I mean. Think of a rare, powerful, gamebreaking weapon that literally drops at like a 1% rate normally.

Now realize that with some RNG screwage, you get a 100% chance at getting the item no matter what.

Let's just say the Tisiphone Edge, Unleash boost gear, and the Excalibur were as broken as hell and leave it at that.

Last edited:

jellsprout

I know exactly what you mean. The drop rate of an item is determined by the amount of RN's that have passed during a battle. Items with an ICC of 7 or lower will always drop if the monster is killed on the 31st RN of the battle. So by making sure that the monster is killed on exactly the 31st RN and by reducing the item's ICC to 7 or lower by killing the monster with a Djinn they are weak to, you are forcing the item to be dropped. Also remember that there is still a fair bit of chance involved, because your very first encounter after the hard reset has to be against a party involving the monster which drops the item you want. And you can't RNG abuse for that.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
The thing is though, since winning a battle on the 31st RN pretty much guarantees you an item, simple knowledge of how many RNs each move uses results in one starting up the gaming, getting a rare drop off the first monster encounter, saving, hard reseting, getting another rare drop, rinse wash and repeat.

It's especially broken in the Isle Cave (place where you fight Sentinel) though, as Cruel Dragons are very common.

jellsprout

But at that point, you are far enough in the game that it doesn't matter anymore. You can simply use the Sol Blade with Felix, your second strongest weapon with Isaac, use Mia for healing and Ivan for boosting and clear the game without any trouble.

Nixoth

Ace Trainer
these games were my favorites when i was in middle school, but after many repeated playthroughs, i started getting bored with it. the most i could do after i had gotten everything that you could get in the games, was playing around with my djinni configuration to get many different classes and powers. i had later bought the guide, so i knew all of the classes then. but it was by far one of the best games i had ever played

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
But at that point, you are far enough in the game that it doesn't matter anymore. You can simply use the Sol Blade with Felix, your second strongest weapon with Isaac, use Mia for healing and Ivan for boosting and clear the game without any trouble.

That strategy pretty much only works with the Doom Dragon.

And that's barely, especially if you haven't overleveled.

The bonus bosses (barring Valukar) would rip that team to shreds.

Also, it doesn't change the fact that once you get the best equipment via this easy trick the game becomes significantly easier (while at the same time Psynergy becomes more and more useless).

Last edited:

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
I beat em both golden sun 2 took me 6 years to beat (tridents)

I cant wait till the next one comes out (u get to play with isaacs children and what not.)

IJuggler

how much words
I love this game still. After just a few days of learning the RNG, I was abusing it without even meaning to. I hope that they make the RNG more difficult to manipulate in the third one, as well as making better Psynergy attacks than those that we currently have (of which maybe 5 are good for the whole game).

I still can't get through Air Rock without a guide, or Ankohl Ruins :(. Has anyone here mapped out the whole thing in their heads yet?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Man, if the game comes out and they decide not to do what Fire Emblem did and actually establish who is who's parents, the fanbase is going to explode.

With that said, I'm hoping Ivan got hitched with Sheba.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, what would transferring the Clear Data from GS 2 give you? You're no longer playing as Felix and Co.

Perhaps you'll be able to play as the original 8 characters...?

Last edited:

Prinplup

Super, super =D
Man, if the game comes out and they decide not to do what Fire Emblem did and actually establish who is who's parents, the fanbase is going to explode.

With that said, I'm hoping Ivan got hitched with Sheba.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, what would transferring the Clear Data from GS 2 give you? You're no longer playing as Felix and Co.

Perhaps you'll be able to play as the original 8 characters...?

I think it would be relatives of the original 8 characters. Ivan & Sheba? I think Felix & Mia and Isaac & Jenna would be pretty cool, too.