• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Golden Sun Series!

Ludger

スポック
A RPG and puzzle game. Even it is not famous enough in here,It was maked by Camelot Software Planning and Nintendo. I really love this game

There are 3 series: Golden Sun(GBA), Golden Sun: The Lost Age(GBA), and finally Golden Sun: Dark Dawn(DS).

The plot is really great.

Discuss anything here from characters, music, and maybe plot.

Last edited:

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
^ I already made a thread but its been a while didnt get much discussion "wants an expansive sequel to Dark Dawn". DD felt kind of short and lacking compared to the others. Plot was awesome , I just loved the art in DD too. awesomepixels.jpg
*loved using Eclipse

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Golden Sun is at best a shallow RPG that starts off great, but leaves you wondering why you should even bother finish playing the game.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Nope, your opinion >->

It isn't opinion it is fact. Golden Sun focus heavily on the puzzle and RPG game play mechanic and thus the story comes off as shallow and bare bones.

you didnt play longer than 10 minutes

You don't live with me so you can't say how long I played the game. Which was longer than 10 minutes.

Last edited:

Ludger

スポック

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
We did -_- did you not go to her village , she did fall from the sky for a reason. >_> the plot is segmented like that due to how sidequest oriented the game is. That said some more characterization and a branching storyline could be implemented and more involved Characterization for Matthew (the others seem to be getting that in DD and the sequel).

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
The series has a very good RPG system, I give it that.

Same here

But let's just say the plot likes to stall a lot, and it's begging for a lot more of character development.

This here is why I took a break from the game, the game's plot is paper thin and executed very poorly and I couldn't find a reason why I should care about the characters.

I do however plan to finish the series and lock away in a cupboard once I am done with it.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
You make valid points WillChriss but I have to stress the plot is fine , characterization is whats needed.

Ludger

スポック
Wow, since I was playing the game I never get sensitive to characterization. I am know that the characterization is not pretty good when I read a fanfiction about this

You can check fanfiction if you really need to see characterization.

Ampy

Light The Stars
Wow, since I was playing the game I never get sensitive to characterization. I am know that the characterization is not pretty good when I read a fanfiction about this

Lolwut, that's not the point. Creators can't just make a game with bad characterization and say "oh, let's not bother with that, just let them read fanfiction"... that's stupid. As much as I love Golden Sun, I have to agree with everyone here on characterization being a weak point.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

Don't be so stupid.

The fan based shouldn't have to use a terrible fan fiction just so they can get their game plot and characterisations fixes. Other wise then what was the point of buying and playing the game in the first place.

If the game has poor plot and characterisations then that is down to the fault of the game creators for don't giving it attention.

Last edited:

Ludger

スポック
Well, lets just hope the next sequel will be better than before. In my country forum, so many fans love the first two games and hate the 3rd. Probably they never talk about characterization or never really care

Ludger

スポック
Oww, I really need to learn more about what happening with other people in different perspective. Sorry for all the trouble

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
But anyway, another high point I like about the game is the music. Dear god, that music.

God, the music for this game is amazing. I never would praise Golden Sun for its plot, but its music is another thing. This series also sorely lacks in difficulty, so multiple playthroughs is not easy, but I could listen to the music for ages.

The series itself is too short for much discussion, until the next game comes out, whenever that may be. wiiboychris and blaze boy have accurately summed up most of what can be discussed of the series, so I guess I can't say much else anymore. It's a nice series, but I'm not seeing much future discussion in this thread.