• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Golden Sun: The Genesis Halo

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
(Going to answer your questions, Mon)

Cathy "Cat-chan" Katherine
Heading to the Marketplace, Tolbi

We were walking along. "OHMYGOSH! That was awesome!" Tim exclaimed. "I've never seen someone do that before! Wow! Um... What's it like, being a Beastman?" This one was easy to impress. I think we could become good and fast friends. He apologized soon after, but I really didn't mind cause I actually did get the question fairly often around these parts.

"Well, it's like being a human, but with some fur and animal parts. Really it's no big deal." I said, a little embarrassed but trying to hide my face as I decided to add something. "Really, we're not all that different." I said with a smile as they went ahead of me and Tim held the door open. Quite the gentleman, this one.

Sally followed along and I picked her up then placed her on my shoulder. She had gotten used to not digging her claws into my skin, though it had taken some explaining and I still wasn't sure if all the scratches had healed without causing permanent scars.

~*~*~

We got to the marketplace and Frath seemed to head off on his own while Tim was looking confused near the fountain. It didn't help that it was busy and crowded with people all around. This place effectively looked different each day, and it was easy to get lost with the buildings always looking similar. I started to try to speak to people passing by, but as soon as I opened my mouth I wasn't sure what to say. Let's think it over. Hmm, we need an item shop that has food as well. I got my extra clothes packed and the rest were already packed, so we don't need clothes. Yup, just an item shop. I guess it's okay to ask somebody now. A man was walking by nonchalantly and minding his own business, probably heading to his next destination of who knows where, but he seemed like he knew where he was going. I stepped in front of him as he almost ran into me before realizing it.

He tried to go around, startled and admiring me, but I moved in his path again raising a clawed finger in what I hoped was a friendly way, trying to find the right words. But he got the wrong idea. "I'm not looking for a prostitute." He said as he tried to go around me again and failed at that.

"And I'm not one!" I exclaimed, annoyed and narrowing my eyes at him while putting my hands on my hips kinda seductively. I tried to set him at ease.

He relaxed, then I relaxed. "Then what do you want?"

"I was hoping you could help me find a shop I've been to. I can't seem to find it, with this place basically changing every day. It sells healing items and various food, effectively one and the same." I explained, running my hand over Sally's head, hoping he would pick up I meant not just people food.

"Oh, that shop. The shopkeeper was sick for a while and lost his usual spot, so he sets up over that way now." Said the man, pointing to the other side of the fountain. Oh, that's why I couldn't find the shop! I looked over and around the fountain and immediately recognized the green blanket laid out on the floor with wares laid out on it. The shopkeeper was sitting crosslegged by it.

"Thank you sir. I see it now." I replied with a smile as the man waved goodbye and I did the same. I then turned to Tim. "Come on, it's right here." I went around the fountain and to the shop to look it over. Hmm, how many healing items did we need? We had an unlimited budget for such things from the League, but I'd buy food for Sally and chocolate bars on my own money.

I purchased what I hoped would last the trip, then turned to Tim. "How many Herbs, Nuts, Antidotes and Elixirs do you think we should get?" Of course nobody carried Water of Life around here, or if they did this shop didn't have it. "Should we bother searching for Water of Life maybe?"

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Timothy "Tim" Wolfe
Market Street, Tolbi

Tim hung around the fountain searching for the item shop. The market changed everyday, and it was easy to get lost with the buildings that looked the same. Especially with all the people crowding the place. As Tim paced back and forth wondering what to do, Cathy had asked a passerby where the item shop was. Tim hadn't thought to do that, he was overwhelmed by all these people. He never did well with approaching random strangers anyway. Even if he had the nerve to ask someone. he wouldn't know what to say, and the guy would probably think he was some kind of idiot. That was usually how those kinds of things went for him. Cathy seemed to handle herself just fine, and the man pointed them in the right direction.

As they walked to the shop, Cathy had asked how much medicine they would need. Tim shrugged his shoulders. He had a few antidotes, and elixirs on him already, but it was only enough for himself. He wasn't sure how much the others had prepared themselves. "Um... a little of everything I guess? It doesn't hurt to be prepared." Then there was the issue of what Tim really wanted to get at this shop, a vial containing some Water of Life. He hadn't thought of this until Cathy asked about it, but It was apparently quite rare, so few of the shops carried it. When they did carry it, it was usually incredibly overpriced. "Well, I would like to find some water of life... But if it's going to be too much trouble to get... M-maybe we shouldn't...?"

Meanwhile, Alice walked up to the green blanket with various wares laid out on the floor. She started sniffing some of the edible things that were out. This made the shopkeeper understandably wary. "Be careful your pet doesn't eat anything. You're gonna have to pay for that!"

The Mercury Adept scooped up Alice before she started to chow down on a bowl that appeared to contain a bunch of leaves. Being Venus alligned, Alice enjoyed eating fruits and plants as much as she liked eating meat. "I'm sorry sir... I'll watch her." He looked around, and picked up a few vials of medicines with his free hand, a few bars of chocolate they had in stock, as well as the herbs Alice was about to eat. He also got lucky, they had one vial of Water of Life left. It was less than he hoped, but it would have to do for now until they could find more. He picked up the vial, smiled, and approached the shopkeeper with his purchases. "I'm glad you have one Water of Life left. I kinda need it..." He handed the shopkeeper some gold coins to pay for all the things. He normally wouldn't have said this to a stranger, but he was really happy to have found what he needed on the first try.

The Shopkeeper raised an eyebrow. "Really? So, you need this very badly?"

Tim nodded. "Oh yes. It's very important."

"Then it'll be 6000 coins!" The shopkeeper announced as he snatched the vial. "After all, it is my last one. It cost me a good amount of coin to get my hands on this. Who knows how long it's gonna be till I get more."

Tim's eyes widened. 6000 coins?! But... that's double the price they normally are?! He thought to himself. He knew he had enough money to pay fo it, but he was sure the guild doesn't want them spending most of their budget on one vial of water. Not to mention it was obvious he was being overcharged. But what was he to do? That Vial was important. "Um... but... well... eh?!" He stuttered nervously while shuffling his feet.

Last edited:

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Cathy "Cat-chan" Katherine
Market Street, Tolbi

I had let Tim choose how much healing items we would buy while I looked around the passersby, but he was so indecisive it was almost funny. I hadn't noticed what else he was doing, but apparently the shopkeeper might have been holding out on me. I glided back over to where he was sitting crosslegged holding the water out for Tim but not actually giving it. "Have you been holding out on me Yamo? Hiding the Water of Life so you could scalp somebody out of all their coins?"

"I got this shipped in while I was sick, so I honestly didn't have any the last time you were here, miss." I bent down to reach for the water and he pulled away, looking down my chest.

I pointed to my face. "Eyes up here." I said as he gulped and reached for the water vial as he pulled away again, hiding it behind himself while not getting up. I looked down at him angrily as Sally hissed at him from my shoulder angrily as well. "Wait until I tell Iodem how you tried to scam Tim. Your shop might get closed down." I lied with a grin. I was pretty sure the League wouldn't care about this one bit.

"Y-you're with the League?" Stammered Yamo as he moved the water vial around in his hands.

"Of course. Now are you going to sell this to us at a reasonable price, or am I going to have to report you?" Again, lying through my teeth. I walked to the left side of the green blanket. "Do you need more incentive?" I concentrated and made a Fireball in my hands, moving to burn his blanket.

"Okay, okay! He can have it at 2000 coins!" Yamo yelled as I put out the Fireball before it touched the blanket under his wares.

"You mean, the League can have it at 2000 coins and you will send the bill to HQ for this as well as 10 each of Herbs, Nuts, Antidotes and Elixirs." I corrected him, nodding to Tim to accept as Yamo gulped and held out all the items for Tim to take. "A pleasure doing business with you. Please don't try to scam people anymore." I said in a fake sweet sounding voice. We would be done with our errand after this.

Last edited: