• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Goldenrod High (Multishipping PG13)

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Ariel:
She’s going to get something a little unpleasant… for her tongue at least. XP

Ariel_Anderson

Just some Random
ArieL: Oooh, spoiler! Unpleasantness as in... spicy? I hate spicy. Unpleasantness as in... bitter? I hate bitter. Unpleasantness as in... salty? I hate salty. Unpleasantness as in...
Wally: *cuts in* As you may have guessed she is very picky. And in our house it's "eat what's on your plate, or don't eat", so she is also quite skinny. But at the same time very strong (I have the bruises to prove it...)
Ariel: I work out Wally. Now, unpleasantness as in... kidney beans? I'm allergic to kidney beans. Unpleasantness as in...
Wally: This will last for some time... *sighs and grabs earplugs*

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Ariel: Well, you won't have to listen to the countless theories, Wally, because the answer will be seen in this chapter, which is... right now. ^^

*Cue opening song ‘Let’s Get It Started’ by Black Eyed Peas*

Year 1, December

It was time for the language lesson to begin and Miss Whitney the teacher had an announcement to make. “Good news!” she said cheerfully. “A friend of mine is getting married!”

Her students were surprised at the news and gave out words of happiness and encouragement.

“That’s great news, miss!”

“Congratulations!”

“Additional words of congrats, miss!”

“…That’s why we’re having a test today!” Miss Whitney said enthusiastically. That brought total displeasure to the students.

“Again!? That’s twice in one month!”

“What!? That’s not fair!”

“You gotta be kidding me!”

“Additional words of protest, Miss!”

“Shut up!” Miss Whitney snapped sternly. She got a bunch of test papers out of her folder and placed them on her desk, tapping them down until the level of each sheet was even.

“Taking her frustrations out, huh?” whispered one of the students.

“Yep,” whispered another. “But what can we do?”

After the test was taken and class was finished, it was time for lunch. Club presidents Marley and Rui opened a flowers club. Their clubroom had a number of flowers, all of them different by colour and appearances. It also had a number of books about them.

Some of their friends from various classes, a few other students they didn’t know and a teacher turned up because they were interested in it and other reasons. Some were there to admire the beauty of the flowers, some were using the club for their science projects and other studies, some only turned up for other reasons of which was to Marley’s dismay. She saw Ken inside the room, standing next to one of the tables, looking at Rui. She narrowed her eyes towards him while a glint sparkled slightly in one of them. “Excuse me,” she said bitterly towards them while everyone was checking out the flowers. “What are you doing here?”

“Er… just checking out the flowers,” Ken said.

Marley shook her head, not fooling for that lie. “Don’t bother lying to me. I can see that you’re after Rui and you’re using this club for a reason. You want to show her that you have something in common with, which you don’t, and then ask her out, is that true?”

Ken slightly blushed as he turned towards Rui who overheard the whole thing, looking back at him with surprised eyes. “Well, er… I wanted to see if I can, like, y’know, get to know the flowers so that I can have something common with her.”

“Is something alright over here?” asked a woman’s voice, catching their attention. She had pale skin with brown and long dark green hair that reached down to her lower back.

“Ms. Sabrina,” Rui said, feeling awkward of this situation.

“Don’t worry, Miss,” Marley said, holding her hand up. “I got everything under control. I was about to make a decision whether or not he’s allowed to join.”

Sabrina looked towards and saw how calm and confident she was by looking at her body language. She checked her watch. “I must go. I’m sure that you’ll make a wise, calculating decision,” she said as she took her leave.

As soon as she left the room, Marley quickly turned her attention back to Ken. “No,” she said.

Ken was shocked by that decision. “What!? That was quick!?” he complained. “Don’t I at least get a trial!?”

“Er…” Rui said. “It’s fine by me but…”

Marley held her hand up again. “Unlike you and me, he doesn’t care about nature or the flowers,” she said. “They live and breathe like you and me. He’s only here to ask you out as usual. I don’t think he got the message ever since he asked you out for the first time.”

“Come on! At least give me a chance!” Ken cried, catching everyone’s attention. “I won’t cause any trouble around here and I’ll learn a lot… a few… a couple of things about flowers, I promise!”

Marley smiled at his desire to be part of the flowers club, just to be with Rui. “Okay, I’ll set you a test,” she said.

“We never done tests before,” Rui whispered into her ear.

“First time for everything,” she whispered back before talking to Ken again. “Excuse me while I choose two flowers.”

She walked over to one of the nearby table picked up two random flowerpot filled plants. One of them was a red flower with black dots in various parts of its petals and some black pollen while the other was a blue violet with yellow pollen.

“One of the flowers I have chosen was planted by me and the other was planted by Rui,” she said while everyone observed what was going on. Rui felt uncomfortable of what her friend was doing; yet she didn’t bicker a word. “If you can guess which one is Rui’s then you can join the club. After all, if you really like her then you should be able to tell which one’s which.”

“Eh? I never had to do this when I first joined,” said one of the club members behind her.

Ignoring the people talking in the background, Ken looked down on the flowers, judging them by their appearance. “(Rui’s flower obviously is the better looking one),” he thought to himself when he looked at the blue violet. He lowered his head down towards it and took a big sniff. He felt a huge sensation in his body after that. “Oh, yeah!” he yelled. “That smelt great like some top quality perfume! This one must be Rui’s!”

“Aren’t you going to try the other one?” Marley asked with narrowed eyes.

“Of course I’m gonna!”

“Er… Marley,” Rui said, trying to explain. “I…”

Marley calmly held her hand up, stopping her friend saying another word while Ken took a whiff of the red flower. “Hey, wait a minute! This flower smells just as beautiful! Sure, it’s a different but still beautiful!” Ken exclaimed excitedly before he sniffed the red flower again. “I can’t tell which is which!” he cried.

He carried on sniffing the flowers, trying to identify which one was Rui’s. His face was becoming completely red, his skin was covered in his own sweat, and his mind was racing, all courtesy of the flowers. “Er… Ken?” Rui said nervously, trying to stop him.

“I ca-a-an’t…!” Ken screamed before passing out and collapsing to the floor much to the shock of the club members. With a small smirk, Marley picked up the flowers and placed them back on the other table… where it was labelled, ‘Do not sniff these flowers’.

“Marley… I know that you know that I don’t like the guy. You want to keep him away from me and I appreciate that but you didn’t have to go that far,” Rui said, scared of Marley’s maliciousness towards Ken.

“I was afraid that he may cause a scene in this room or anywhere else,” Marley said. “It was obvious that he would go to any length to go dating with you but for the wrong reasons. He was willing to go to that level. So was I.”

Marley looked at the motionless Ken lying on his back with concern in her eyes. “So, what can we do with him? I hope he’s not…”

“He’s only stunned and can’t feel a thing but He’ll wake up in half-an-hour or so,” Marley said simply.

“So, which flower was Rui’s?” asked one of the club members.

“Neither, they were both mine,” Marley answered, much to the member’s surprise.

“Hey hey! Marley! Rui! Everybody!” yelled an enthusiastic and excited voice, catching everyone’s attention, apart from Ken who was still unconscious. It was Barry standing by the door. “The New Yorker is opening up a karaoke party next week to celebrate the upcoming holiday season!” he shouted before noticing Ken lying motionlessly on the floor. “Hey, what’s he doing there?” he asked in puzzlement.

Suddenly, Kim rushed into the room and saw his taller brother on the floor, much to his annoyance. “That dufus!” he shouted angrily. “He’s supposed to be getting some stuff for our homework!”

Half an hour later, as Marley predicted, Ken woke up from his unconsciousness. He found himself sitting on a chair with a blanket over him. He was still in the room where the club was being except no one was here. “Well, that was surreal,” he said to himself groggily, remembering the challenge Marley set for him.

“Shoot! I forgot my book!” a girl’s voice as she ran back into the room. She saw him sitting in the chair, looking at her. “Oh, hi!” she said.

“Hi,” Ken replied casually. “Do you know where the class presidents are?”

“Oh, they just left. They’re getting ready for the next lesson. You should get there too.”

“I see,” Ken said looking down, wondering if he actually got accepted.

“Hey, don’t worry about it,” the girl said optimistically with a smile. “You don’t have to know anything about flowers, even I don’t know anything about them. I’m sure they accepted you as a club member. Everyone’s welcome.”

Ken smiled in response. “Thanks,” he said. “What’s your name?”

“Sakura. I’ll catch you later.”

With that, she left the room in a hurry. Ken got up from his seat and placed the blanket on one of the tables before making his exit, where students and teachers made their way to their classrooms. Along the way, she saw Marley placing a poster on a notice board. “Hey, Marley,” he said, catching her attention.

“What?” she asked, turning her head towards him.

“I wanna say that there are no hard feelings between us. I appreciate your decisions.”

“No problem,” Marley replied as she finished placing the poster on the notice board and walked away. Ken took a look at the poster, which he read out, ‘The Flower Club. Everyone is welcome but the following people are banned: Ken Invincible and Mr. Brawly’.

After a few seconds of reading that note, he sighed and lowered his head down in shame and defeat.

A week later, during the language lesson, Ms. Whitney had some news to say to her students. “Guess what, I went to the wedding the other day,” she said happily.

“Oh crud…” murmured one of the students. “Another sudden test.” The others didn’t say anything in protest but they had a feeling of what was coming as well.

Miss Whitney let out a small chortle. Then her laughter became bigger and louder, scaring everyone in the room. Soon, she stopped laughing and showed off a small shrug and arrogant smirk. “Idiots are always in a rush,” she said smugly. “Remember that, kids.”

The kids couldn’t help but give her an awkward stare.

A couple of hours later after school, a large number of people came to the New Yorker for the karaoke party. Wes, Rui, Dawn, Zoey, Marley, Wally, Brendan and Barry walked towards their favourite restaurant. “It’s all karaoke, baby!” Barry yelled excitedly.

“Yes, you’ve been saying for the last five minutes, Barry,” Brendan said moodily. “And it’s not getting me annoyed.”

“Karaoke, baby!” Barry yelled at his friend’s face.

“Okay, I was wrong,” Brendan said getting very annoyed.

Barry tapped his hand on Brendan’s stomach; letting out a small laugh in triumph.

“So, Wes,” Rui said, looking up to her ‘knight in shining armour’. “What kind of music do you like?”

“Well, mainly pop and rock,” Wes replied simply. “But there are other songs that I like too.”

“Hey, I like pop a lot as well,” Rui replied, happy that she and Wes had something in common. “Can you sing?”

“Well… I don’t know. I never sang to anyone before.”

Upon their entry, they saw a large number of people sitting at different tables and a small stage set up at the corner of the large room with microphones and a TV screen that displays the lyrics to various songs. The people were either having a chat, enjoying their drinks and snacks or enjoy listening to a person singing one of the songs.

Not only that, they saw their other friends and rivals from another class, consisted of Ash, Pikachu, Misty, May, Drew, and Macey. “Hey, guys!” they cried when they saw them coming in. “Come sit with us!”

To Barry’s dismay, he saw the Invincible Pokemon Brothers sitting on another table. “Hey!” Barry shouted, pointing towards Kim. “You were banned from this place!”

Kim couldn’t help but stand up from his seat and rush towards him, getting up to his face. “Hello, Einstein! I was only banned for a month, remember?” he shouted.

Realisation came into the blond’s mind. “Oh yeah,” he said dully before getting into his loudmouth attitude again. “I challenge you to a singing contest, pal! We both sing a duet, and people get to choose whose singing is better, got it!?”

“You’re on!” Kim shouted.

Brendan sighed in frustration. “Here they go again,” he said. “It’s going to be a shame knowing those two.”

“I’m off to get some drinks,” May said as she got off from her seat. “Does anybody want some?”

Every one of her friends ordered their drinks and milkshakes before she made her way to the counter. She was met with wavy purple hair that reached down to his shoulder blades, dressed in a restaurant uniform with a badge marked ‘Harley’. “And I thought I was doing something for charity,” he muttered before noticing May walking up to him. He quickly put on a happy face. “Why, hello! Merry Christmas!”

“Merry Christmas to you to,” she replied politely. “Can I order…”

After she ordered a number of drinks, Harley had a small favour to ask. “Very good, miss,” he said. “But before I go, I was wondering if you’d like a slice of my homemade cookies first?” He walked over to one part of the kitchen and a small of them, all of which were shaped like pokemon, back to her. “Bon appetite.”

“Sure they look good,” May said picking out one of them before she started munching on it, tasting it. She showed a little dissatisfaction towards them after she swallowed it. “It was a little too hard to get your teeth into,” she said.

A vain began to throb at the back of Harley’s head, despite still showing a calm, happy face. “And they’re not the best wheat ones I’ve ever tasted,” she continued.

“(Chocolate)!” he thought angrily. “(How can you not taste the chocolate)!?”

“And I don’t think the texture’s okay with me,” she said, finishing off her opinions.

“I see,” Harley said replied happily, despite having some evil thoughts on this girl. “Thanks for the review and I’ll keep everything in mind. I’ll go and get your drinks.”

“Thank you!” May replied happily when Harley turned away.

“(You’re not welcome).”

No longer than a couple of minutes later Harley returned, this time with a number of drinks on a tray and still with smile on his face. “Here are your drinks,” he said. Have a nice time.”

“Thanks, you too,” May said as she picked up the drinks before walking, leaving Harley with an evil smirk on his face. As she made her way back, she and everyone else saw Barry and Kim singing and dancing together on stage in the spirit of competition against each other, without looking the screen.

She’ll make you take your clothes off
And go dancing in the rain
She’ll make you live her crazy life
But she’ll take away you pain
Like a bullet through your brain

Upside, inside, out
She’s livin’ la vida loca
She’ll push and pull you down
Livin’ la vida loca
Her lips are devil red
And her skin’s a colour mocha
She will wear you out
Livin’ la vida loca

She’s livin’ la vida loca
Livin’ la vida loca
Livin’ la vida loca

After the song ended, Barry and Kim quickly posed in front of their audience and they applauded, appreciating their performance, although they didn’t have the best voices around and that they were slightly out of tune. They quickly rushed to their friends, asking them who was better. Each person said they were equally good but when they asked Kim’s brothers, they said that Kim was the better singer, which led to another of Barry’s and Kim’s quarrel. “Hey! That’s not fair!” Barry shouted. “They’re only saying that because they’re your brothers!”

“Hey! They’re the most honest you’ll ever meet!” Kim shouted. “They think I’m better than you! Always have been! Always will be!”

“Yeah! Not as the next guy I’m gonna ask!” Barry exclaimed, turning towards his friend. “Hey, Brendan! What do you think?”

Brendan looked blankly at the menu placed on the table. “I’d disqualify you both,” he said dully.

Everyone let out a small sigh or moan over Brendan’s silly comment over the two rivals’ argument while May took a small slurp of her drink with a straw. Suddenly, she felt this hot and spicy feeling on her tongue. Tears started to form in her eyes because of this painful feeling in her mouth as she placed her hands on it and let out a muffled scream by instinct, catching everyone’s attention.

“Hot! Hot!” she screamed. “Someone give me something cold!”

“Here!” Drew said quickly as he handed him his milkshake.

May quickly grabbed his drink and drank as much as she could to stop the spiciness that was hurting her tongue. Apparently, she almost drank of his milkshake. She looked around and saw everyone staring in shock. She realised that she had just caused a scene by her screaming and blushed with embarrassment. “Um… sorry,” she said sheepishly.

“You okay?” Drew asked, with small hint of concern in his voice.

“Yeah, thanks.”

“Hey, what was in that?” Ash asked.

“Something really spicy,” May replied panting heavily. “I think it was chilli.”

“Chilli, huh?” Barry asked. “Kim! I bet you can’t drink this entire cup in one go!”

“I bet you can’t either!” Kim shouted back.

“Whatever,” Brendan said. “But first, someone ought to complain about the drinks.”

Sometime later, while Barry was getting the drinks, which now had two milkshakes for May and Drew, and two chilli sauces for Kim and himself, Zoey was taking her turn singing one of her favourite songs. She was singing it in a voice that everyone enjoyed while looking at the screen that was displaying the words.

Accidentally,
I’m in love, I’m in love
I’m in love, I’m in love
I’m in love, I’m in love

Accidentally,
I’m in love, I’m in love
I’m in love, I’m in love
I’m in love, I’m in love

C’mon! C’mon!
Spin a little tighter!
C’mon! C’mon!
And the world’s a little brighter!
C’mon! C’mon!
Just get yourself inside your love!
I’m in love

After the last strum of the guitar, as part of the music background, everyone applauded. Not only for her great singing and but for her guts for standing up on stage as well. She smiled, blushing with embarrassment as she walked off the stage. “You did great out there, Zoey-san!” Dawn cried, standing in front of her. She was the next person to go up on stage.

“You really think so?” Zoey asked stopping in front of her, placing her hand on the back of her head, still blushing with a smile. “Thanks. Knock them out, Dawn.”

Dawn ran towards her, holding her hand out. Zoey held her hand out as well and they slapped each other’s, resulting this as a high five in friendship and encouragement. But to Dawn, this probably meant to her than that. “(She touched my hand),” she thought happily with bliss.

“Here you go guys,” Barry said delivering the drinks. Everyone noticed the black eye on his face.

“Barry? Black eye?” Ash asked.

“Oh, I was smooth talking with this lady under a mistletoe… and then her boyfriend came.”

Everyone shook their heads, sighing and moaning in slight disgust over his flirting ways.

“So, Wally,” Marley asked. “Are you going to sing anything? Everyone else has.”

“Um… I don’t listen to music much,” Wally confessed before looking through the songbook. “And I don’t know much of these songs,” he said before putting it away and then pressing the tips of his fingers while blushing. Besides, I… can’t sing well… and… now… I’m talking too much.”

“My turn is coming up next,” Wes said. “You wanna sing a duet?”

Wally looked at Wes in a surprised way. “Are you sure?” he asked. “I don’t want to put you off.”

“It’s okay. If you want, I’ll do most of the singing and when we do the chorus we can sing it together. How about that?”

Wally was still unsure whether to take up on his friend’s offer or not. “Well, um…”

“Go for it, Wally!” Barry said encouragingly. “Everyone sang their songs and you have to too! It’s the law!”

Wally became startled when Barry said ‘Law’. Brendan gave Barry a dull look. “Pay him no attention, Wally,” he said. “Of course, you’re not going to jail or anything.”

“C’mon, Wally!” Rui said excitedly. “I’m sure you and Wes can put a great performance!”

“Yeah! Wally! Wally! Wally!” Barry chanted. Everyone on the same table followed.

Wally blushed deep red while smiling. “Alright! I’ll do it!” he cried. “So, Wes, what shall we sing?”

“Hey, blonds!” Kim said, taunting his rival while Wes and Wall choose a song. “You wanna dare me to drink this chilli sauce in one go!?”

“Only if you dare me!” Barry taunted back, beckoning him to do it as they grasped hold of their drinks, while everyone else became scared of might happen next. “On the count of three,” he said. “One… two… three!”

They both lifted their drinks up to their mouths and…

“AAAAAAAGGHHHHH!”

Their screams of pain were so loud that people outside the restaurant could hear them.

Back inside, Wes and Wally walked up on stage, grabbing a microphone each as they prepared to sing a song to the crowd. The song started with some slow music in the background with Wes nodding to the tune with a smile while Wally nervously gaped at the audience before looking at the screen that was about to show the lyrics. Soon, Wes started to sing without looking at the screen.

I want love, but it’s impossible
A man like me, so irresponsible
A man like me is dead in places
Other men feel liberated

I can’t love, shot full of holes
Don't feel nothin’, I just feel cold
Don't feel nothin’, just old scars
Toughening up around my heart

But I want love, just a different kind…​

Wally quickly joined in for the chorus…

I want love, won't break me down
Won't brick me up, won’t fence me in
I want a love, that don't mean a thing
That’s the love I want, I want love​

Almost everyone couldn’t help but notice the one thing special about one of those two singers as Wes continued on to sing the second verse…

I want love on my own terms
After everything I've ever learned
Me, I carry too much baggage
Oh, man, I’ve seen so much traffic

Wally quickly joined in again…

I want love, won't break me down
Won't brick me up, won't fence me in
I want a love, that don't mean a thing
That's the love I want, I want love​

So bring it on, I've been bruised
Don't give me love that's clean and smooth
I’m ready for the rougher stuff
No sweet romance, I've had enough​

As part of the song, the two teens had to stop singing for a moment. Wes kept his focus on the music while enjoy listening to it while Wally couldn’t help but notice that most of the female crowd looking at Wes in a lustful way. Soon, it was time for Wes to start singing again and Wally had to follow up with the chorus…

A man like me, so irresponsible
A man like me is dead in places
Other men feel liberated

Wally quickly sang alongside his friend once again, still had this awkward feeling about the way the girls at his partner…

I want love, won’t break me down
Won’t brick me up, won’t fence me in
I want a love, that don’t mean a thing
That’s the love I want, I want love

I want love, just a different kind
I want love, won’t break me down
Won’t brick me up, won’t fence me in
I want a love, that don’t mean a thing
That’s the love I want, I want love​

When the song came to an end, everyone stood from their seats and excitedly applauded towards the two, mainly Wes for his brilliant singing. “They loved you out here, Wally,” Wes said.

“No way!” Wally said in disbelief. “I saw a bunch of girls staring at you.”

Suddenly, a lot of the girls began screaming at Wes, much to his shock. “I told ya,” Wally said, also in shock.

“I’ll give to you!!” one of the girls screamed.

Back at the table where Brendan and the others were, with an exception of Marley, their eyes widened with shock and amazement. She moved her head close to Rui’s ear and whispered, “You’d give him some, huh?”

Rui cringed and blushed at the thought while Wally and Wes struggled to get through the crowd, back to their table. “You did great, you guys,” May said.

“You were very brave, Wally-kun,” Dawn said while Wally let out a sigh of relief. “But you were amazing, Wes-san!”

“Yeah! I thought you sounded like that guy from Pennyback!” Misty complimented.

Wes couldn’t help but blush at every positive word they said, trying to say something in return. “It was nothing really,” he said coolly, rubbing his head.

“You should become a singer!” Rui said excitedly.

Wes’s blush became deeper. “Y… you sure?” he asked.

“Well, whatever you’re a great singer or not, you can’t beat my Ashy in a singing contest!” Macey beamed as he gave Ash a huge hug.

“Please!” Misty said, shaking her head. “Didn’t you listen to him sing ‘What I Go To School For’? It was terrible.”

“Well, I always said that singing is not my specialty,” Ash replied sheepishly.

“Shut it, fishbowl head!” Macey shouted towards Misty. “You have no taste in music!”

“What did you say!?” Misty snarled.

“Guys! Pipe down!” Ash said, trying to calm the girls down.

While they argued, Marley looked at Wally with a small smile while he looked back. “What?” he asked curiously.

“Great job, Wally,” she replied giving him a wink. That wink sent an awkward shiver up Wally’s spine. His face displayed a fearful look, which made her let out a small giggle.

It was time for one last song and one of the guests sang one of the Christmas classics while everyone danced to the music.

Are you hanging up a stocking on your wall?
Are you hoping that the snow will start to fall?
Do you ride on down the hillside in a buggy you have made?
When you land upon your head then you’ve been slayed

So here it is merry Christmas
Everybody's having fun
Look to the future now
It's only just begun

So here it is merry Christmas
Everybody's having fun

“It’s Chri-i-i-i-i-i-i-s-s-s-s-t-t-m-m-a-a-s-s-s-s-s-s!!” Barry yelled excitedly, surprising every one of his friends and guests of this karaoke party.

Look to the future now
It's only just begun

It has been a good couple of months since they started their high school years and they still have a lot to learn. For our friends at Goldenrod High, their futures have just begun.

“MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYBODY!”

*Cue ‘Girls Just Wanna Have Fun’ by Cyndi Lauper*
-----------------
Next episode:

Wes: My name is Wes Colosseum. I’m a student from Goldenrod High but you guys already know that. It’s true that I have been retained from last year after I missed out a lot… but there other reasons why. I just hope my friends don’t find about this group of people. See you next episode.
-----------------
More coming! ^^ What’cha think?

Songs/lyrics used for this chapter:
Livin’ La Vida Loca by Ricky Martin
Sung by Barry and Kim

Accidentally in Love by Counting Crows
Sung by Zoey

I Want Love by Elton John
Sung by Wes and Wally

Merry Christmas Everybody by Slade
Sung by a random guest

What I Go To School For by Jonas Brothers
Mentioned by Misty

Last edited:

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
I love it... even if it's very delayed for Christmas season... but hey, the party was great in all, and especially seeing May in the series and her little scenario with Harley and his cookies... poor girl... must have been Harley who did the chili shake think after the whole cookie criticism... XD

As for Dawn and Zoey, oh yeah, love the scene too... you seem to be an Appealshipper, doing it from Dawn's side eh? That's what I like... most people do it from Zoey's side, but you doing Dawn's side is awesome... haha, I do the same too... but my fanfic is too much... exaggerated.

Can't wait for the next chapter, and yeah you don't need to PM me because I have you on my Subscribed Threads... 8D

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
Let's do this ^^

“Again!? That’s twice in one month!”

geez, be garteful, in german we have minimum one test every two weeks -_-

“First time for everything,” she whispered back before talking to Ken again. “Excuse me while I choose two flowers.”

She walked over to one of the nearby table picked up two random flowerpot filled plants. One of them was a red flower with black dots in various parts of its petals and some black pollen while the other was a blue violet with yellow pollen.

This is cruel...I mean, really, she is toying with him...

With a small smirk, Marley picked up the flowers and placed them back on the other table… where it was labelled, ‘Do not sniff these flowers’.

Yeah...I knew it...she's evil...at least some part of her xD

“Very good, miss,” he said. “But before I go, I was wondering if you’d like a slice of my homemade cookies first?”

of course :D Why wouldn't he ask ? xD

Yeah, evrything was very enjoyable, I always love the karaoke theme, but your Christmas theme is about ten months early, no ? :D
And I'm kinda eager to learn about Wes' past :p

Plus, Harley is going to make sure that there will be hell to pay !! :)

Ariel_Anderson

Just some Random
Ariel: Ah ha! It was spicy! I guessed right!
Wally: B-But Sis...you made a million guesses...at least one of them was going to be r-right...
Ariel: Shut up Wally! *attacks with mallet* You're just jealous 'cause I got it right and you didn't! :p
Wally: Owwww...

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Avegaille: It’s not the only fic/story/show that’s delayed for Christmas. Ever seen School Rumble? In Japan, they aired their Christmas episode during the summer season. And one time in the UK, Digimon aired their Christmas episode during spring season. *Gets glared at* What?

The thing between May and Harley… kinda reminds you of the time when they first met in the anime version, right?

Me? Appealshipper… I wouldn’t call myself that. I only saw the episode where they met for the first time and Zoey was doing her hair before she said that she’d see her at the final of that contest… although, I think she said something else in the Japanese version. ^.^ Thanks for the review and I’ll keep in mind not to PM you.

I saw your drawing of Zoey in school uniform. I never pictured her in that but I pictured her in a different kind of uniform as described below.

Shadow Shipper: Yeah, Marley is evil in her own way. XD

And the December thing… what I said to Avegaille.

Ariel: She made her first guess correct, Wally… she didn’t have to guess a million things though…

On another note, I recently checked out Avegaille’s picture of Zoey in school uniform based on this fic (nice job, btw). I remembered that I didn’t fully describe the uniforms. So, with the help from my characters, I’m going to describe what the uniforms look like…

Marley is wearing the schoolgirl uniform. She’s got on a white long sleeved buttoned shirt with a blue jacket over it. She can wear a blue vest in place of her jacket or underneath if she wants to. Alongside them, she’s got a black miniskirt, almost reaching her knees, while wearing a pair of shoes of her choice, which is plain brown.

Wally is wearing the schoolboy uniform, suitable for all terms. He’s got a plain blue jacket over his long sleeved white shirt underneath it (can be short sleeved though). He can also wear a vest under the jacket as well, just in case it gets cold around here. He’s also got a pair of black trousers on while wearing some white trainers.

Hope that clears everything up. See ya later.

Last edited:

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
Avegaille: It’s not the only fic/story/show that’s delayed for Christmas. Ever seen School Rumble? In Japan, they aired their Christmas episode during the summer season. And one time in the UK, Digimon aired their Christmas episode during spring season. *Gets glared at* What?

The thing between May and Harley… kinda reminds you of the time when they first met in the anime version, right?

Me? Appealshipper… I wouldn’t call myself that. I only saw the episode where they met for the first time and Zoey was doing her hair before she said that she’d see her at the final of that contest… although, I think she said something else in the Japanese version. ^.^ Thanks for the review and I’ll keep in mind not to PM you.

I saw your drawing of Zoey in school uniform. I never pictured her in that but I pictured her in a different kind of uniform as described below.

On another note, I recently checked out Avegaille’s picture of Zoey in school uniform based on this fic (nice job, btw). I remembered that I didn’t fully describe the uniforms. So, with the help from my characters, I’m going to describe what the uniforms look like…

Marley is wearing the schoolgirl uniform. She’s got on a white long sleeved buttoned shirt with a blue jacket over it. She can wear a blue vest in place of her jacket or underneath if she wants to. Alongside them, she’s got a black miniskirt, almost reaching her knees, while wearing a pair of shoes of her choice, which is plain brown.

Wally is wearing the schoolboy uniform, suitable for all terms. He’s got a plain blue jacket over his long sleeved white shirt underneath it. He can also wear a vest as well, just in case it gets cold around here. He’s also got a pair of black trousers on while wearing some white trainers.

Hope that clears everything up. See ya later.

Ah, yeah, don't worry, I know a lot of shows that show Christmas episodes on non December days... xD;; And well, I haven't seen the actual episode... but I do remember something about Harley giving cookies to May... xD;; And well, you don't have to be a hard-core Appealshipper like me, but seeing Appealshipping hints on this one is good enough... 8D

And oh, so you've been stalking my DA too eh? But thanks for the compliment... ;x And as for the whole design thing, yep, the inspiration came from your fic, but the designing of the outfit was my idea... 8D Well, I could try drawing Zoey with the school uniform you had in mind, which I hope you don't mind... ;D Because it'd be awesome to see Zoey wearing it... 8D 8D

Anyways, can't wait to see the next chapter, take your time, don't worry... ;D

JB239874

I'm back, baby!
Review!

Yeah! New Chapter!

*put on scientific glasses* It woz a very educcational chapter with lotz of interesting songz *takes off glasses*

Well, would you be able to put real people in?

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Avegaille: So, what you’re telling me is that if drop a small hint of shipping that makes me a shipper, right? Well, to tell you something, I don’t see myself as a shipper. I write shipping fics because of the characters from the anime, games and others, they inspire me. It’s fun and I like to get people entertained.

Yes, I took a look in your DA, guilty as charged. Yes, you can use the idea I had in mind. How about putting her in a PE uniform or a Japanese school uniform they wear in animes? ^^

JB(somanynumbers) and Ariel: I’m thankful for your reviews, mates. But as much as a good as it is, I’m also sorry that I don’t plan to put real people in the fic.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
I have read this before on Bulbapedia, but now I'm reading it here. Good job as usual, but I have one complaint. This is supposed to be the Christmas episode, but really, there wasn't too much emphasis put on it being Christmas. Not that its a bad thing, but I would have liked a little more of a Christmas feel, maybe Christmas Day and all.

Overall, another good addition to your fic.

Last edited:

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
PokemonHero: You do have a point there, kid. Maybe I should’ve placed a bunch of Christmas decorations inside those locations or have people give out Christmas cards. I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks. ^^

Two stars? Wait a minute, people. Are you guys playing about or what? If you think this fic isn't good, come forward and tell me why.

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
*Cue opening song ‘Let’s Get It Started’ by Black Eyed Peas*

Year 1, January

A brand new year usually means that thousands of people would think up at least one new year’s resolution. For one particular individual, Barry, his resolution was to beat Wally in homework and tests by the end of this calendar year. Another individual, his friend Brendan, would definitely say, “Fat chance.”

One time in class Miss Whitney asked Wally a particular question. “Um… I don’t know, Miss,” he responded nervously.

Barry immediately raised his hand. “Barry?” she asked, thinking that he might know the answer.

He eagerly stood straight up from his seat. “I don’t have a clue either!” he yelled. Everyone turned and gave him in an awkward stare while he held his thumb up towards Wally. “We’re tied right now, Wally!” he said.

To Rui, it was like every other school day. She walked down the same path to school, got taught the usual lessons, seeing Barry getting overexcited, Brendan getting annoyed by it, Wally getting good grades for his homework, Zoey wearing her schoolboy uniform, Dawn and Marley being themselves… but there was one thing that was bothering her that day… Wes was absent.

She and six of her friends were discussing the situation inside the classroom after the lesson ended and everyone left except them. “He never missed a day of school before,” she said.

“I wouldn’t worry about that,” Zoey said coolly. “He probably caught a cold. It is the season, y’know.

“Or he could be involved with some criminal activity, like robbing a bank, sniping a political figure, or maybe pokemon poaching,” Barry said in an evil tone.

“Y… you sure he does something like that?” Wally asked nervously, shaking with fear.

Brendan gave Barry a dull look. “Pay him no attention, people,” he said. “Of course he’s not into those things.”

“Okay. Let me explain this. He’s the best sports guy when it comes to PE, he’s smartness is almost as good as Wally’s, all of the girl’s were all over him last month at that karaoke… that could only mean one thing,” Barry said, sounding as though he found the answer. “Yep! Wes could be a tuxedo wearing secret agent! For all we know, he’s probably out there making some criminal organisation base explode right this minute!”

Everyone became shocked at that theory, thinking how ridiculous it was. “Barry, seriously now,” Brendan said, getting annoyed again. Still, Rui couldn’t help but blush at the image in her head of Wes being in the said clothing Barry mentioned. “Tux…” she said softly.

“Hey, if we can, we should give Wes a visit,” Dawn recommended before noticing Rui getting really worried. “Hey, don’t worry, Rui-chan. Like Zoey-san said, Wes might have cold. Nothing more than that.”

“Sorry, I just can’t help it,” Rui replied. “I do that sometimes.”

“Does anyone know where Wes live though?” Marley asked.

Everyone was stuck for an answer. “No,” they all replied simultaneously.

“Well then, how are we going to pay a visit then?” Wally asked.

Rui turned towards to the front of the room and saw Miss Whitney leaving the room after packing up her stuff. She quickly followed her out of the room after telling others to stay put. “Miss Whitney!” she cried, catching her attention.

“Yeah?” Miss Whitney replied curiously, turning around as they both left the room with Rui closing the door.

“Miss Whitney, it’s about Wes,” Rui said.

“What about him?”

“I know it’s been only one day that he isn’t here but… I can’t help but worry, miss.”

“Oh, he’s probably got a cold or something, nothing to worry about,” Miss Whitney said reassuringly.

“There are more reasons than that, miss. You see, a couple of months I overheard you talking to Wes about him repeating after he missed the whole term last year.”

“Oh, that!” Miss Whitney replied in realisation. “He probably had some problems with his family. Remember that when he told us about it on our first day? To tell you the truth, I don’t know the whole story. Even if I did, I can’t tell you because I don’t have the right… but I probably would anyway.”

“You asked him if he was part of a street gang, right?”

“Hmm… I think so. But then again, it was just a rumour around here.”

“Can you tell me where he lives? I’m very worried about him.”

“I’ll have a look. Meet me in the staff room after school.”

“Thanks, Miss Whitney,” Rui said as she grabbed hold of the door handle before turning it. “I really appreciate the…”

THUD!

When she opened the door, Zoey, Dawn, Brendan and Barry fell out of the room, much to Rui’s and Miss Whitney’s surprise. “Guys!” Rui cried.

“I told you guys not to eavesdrop!” Wally cried.

“Shut up! Don’t tell her that!” Barry yelled quickly standing up. He turned towards Rui with emotional eyes. “I can explain! It was Brendan’s idea!” he cried pointing at him.

Brendan glared in annoyance at the hyperactive blond. “Do you expect Rui to believe that?” he barked angrily.

A couple of hours later, the school bell rang to mark the end of the day. As planned, Rui and her friends made their way to the staff office. Rui knocked on the door. “Come in!” a voice responded loudly. Given permission, they opened the door and entered the room. There were a number of desks placed inside, one for every teacher with boards around each one for privacy.

“Ah! Hello, students,” said one of the teachers politely. She had a pretty face with long light brown hair with small orange hairpieces that made small ponytails on both sides of her head. She was wearing a shirt underneath a vest and skirt, all white. She was the art teacher, Miss Jasmine. “What can I help you with?”

“Is Miss Whitney here?” Rui asked.

“Right here!” Miss Whitney’s voice cried from a distance as she held hand behinds one of the boards. She got up from her desk and made her ways towards them. “I got the address you wanted.”

“Excuse me, Miss Whitney. Whose address?” Miss Jasmine asked suspiciously.

“Wes’s.”

“You do know that it’s against the rules to give students addresses of others,” Miss Jasmine warned.

“Relax!” Miss Whitney said reassuringly. “It’s not like they’re planning to rob his house or anything. They’re good kids, y’know. They just want to pay him a visit to see if he’s okay or not. Kinda reminds me of the time when you were worried sick about Volkner when he caught a cold. You were so hysterical…”

“I told you not to tell anyone about our days in school!” Miss Jasmine said, blushing furiously. She and Miss Whitney knew each other since their early schooldays.

“Why not? It’s so funny!” Miss Whitney replied, on the verge of laughing before Jasmine stretched her cheeks out. “Ow! What do you think you’re doing!?” she cried while she did the same back to Jasmine.

“You don’t give up, do you!?” Jasmine complained.

“Hey! You two! Stop that! At ease!” Mr. Surge demanded, as he rushed over to them, trying to stop the fight. Seeing how awkward this situation was, the student slowly made their way out, trying not to get their attention.

“Well, here’s the place…” Wally said nervously, holding the sheet of paper with the address written on it. Along with his group of friends, they found Wes’s place. It turned out to be an apartment flat surrounded litter and graffiti in a hostile environment. A police siren could be heard from the background.

“I guess we better knock,” Barry said before tapping on the entrance door. A tall bulky man, wearing a gross tank top and green trousers answered the door.

“What do ya want?” he muttered. “You punk kids better not be wastin’ ma time here.”

“Is Wes here?” Rui asked politely.

“Haven’t seen him since this morning,” the man replied. “Ain’t you his schoolmates?”

The students nodded in response.

“You guys ain’t from the Snagem Gang, right? You ain’t here to cause trouble, are ya?”

“Snagem Gang? Who are they?” Rui asked.

The grotty bloke slammed the door on their faces, much to their shock. “Ya jerk!” Barry shouted angrily.

“Not only that, he has bad taste in clothing,” Marley said.

“Yeah, but what is this Snagem Gang?” Brendan asked. “Judging how he reacted, I don’t think anyone else is going to help us out.”

“Do you guys really wanna know?” asked a girl’s voice. Everyone turned around and saw a girl, about Wes’s height, wearing a bandanna coloured red and black over her long brown hair that reached to her shoulders. She was also wearing the same uniform as the girls. “My name’s Emok.”

She suggested that they sit down on the steps at a nearby building so that she could tell her story. “So… you know Wes, right?” Dawn asked.

“Yeah, he was in my class group last year,” Emok replied. “He wasn’t much of a talker, he doesn’t speak unless he’s spoken to. I guess you guys noticed that he’s good in sports?”

“Heck yeah!” Barry replied loudly. “And that bugs me!”

“And I suppose he got a lot of girls liking him, huh?”

“Who knows,” Marley said with a small sly smile as she looked at the blushing Rui who was looking away.

“He’s… okay,” Rui said sheepishly.

“Getting himself good grades?” Emok asked.

“Yeah, but they’re not as good as Wally’s,” Brendan answered, making Wally blush.

“Well,” Emok said. “Like the way he’s doing things now, he sure was doing a lot of that last year and he had a lot of things going for him… only he missed one whole term and that meant for him to repeat the year.”

“What happened?” Dawn asked.

Emok sighed at the upcoming memory. “Well, that was until his parents did a lot arguing and he was brought into it. They were like that for days until Wes couldn’t take it anymore, and decided to join this gang, the Snagem Gang. Wes thought that they would help cheer him up, be his friends and stuff. He even moved out of his parents’ house because of them. The thing is, the Snagem Gang was into stealing, fighting, and all those stuff that could’ve got them sent to prison. Wes knew all that and how wrong it was but he kept on doing it anyway to stay in the gang until he had enough. He knew he was about to be in big trouble after missing a whole term but he asked the principal to give him another chance and they agreed that he would have to repeat a year.”

“How do you know all of this stuff?” Zoey asked.

Emok smiled. “I used to hang around with him a lot. I tried to talk him out of it but he wouldn’t listen,” she said. “I see you guys are having fun with him too.”

Everyone nodded, agreeing with that statement and saying what a good person Wes was. “You don’t think Wes has gone back to them, do you?” Rui asked worryingly.

“Maybe. Maybe not,” Emok replied.

“Looks like we got to find him,” Brendan said. “Maybe we should split up.”

“Yeah. For all we know, he could be abducted by aliens,” Barry said.

Brendan placed his hand on his friend’s shoulder. “Barry, I going to tell you this because it’s true,” he said. “You’re an idiot.”

“Hey! Don’t be like that! I was just kidding, Brendan, old pal, old buddy…” Barry said.

“And don’t ask me to buy you some ice cream,” Brendan said dully.

“How did you know I was going ask that?”

“Because you always do,” Brendan replied. And with that, Brendan walked off, now attempting to look for Wes. “I’ll check back here in an hour.”

“Hey! Wait up, Brendan, old pal, old buddy!” Barry cried chasing after him.

“No!” Brendan shouted angrily.

“Hey! Wait for me!” Wally cried nervously, chasing after them.

“Zoey-san! How about we team up to look for Wes?” Dawn suggested.

“Why not? It would increase our chances of finding him. If we can’t find him in an hour then we’ll meet up back here like Brendan said,” Zoey said.

“Or maybe…” Marley said as she took out a small cubicle device and flipped it open, revealing a bunch of small buttons and a small screen. It turned out to be…

“A cell phone,” Rui said in realisation. “Why didn’t I think of that?”

“Maybe we got so worried about visiting so much that you didn’t think about calling him,” Dawn replied.

“When did you get Wes’s number?” Zoey asked.

“When I met with you guys for the first time,” Marley said. “I had a feeling that we would get along.”

“Heh… I could’ve asked him for his number but he was kind of scary when I first met him,” Zoey said. “Maybe we ought to get his number after this.”

“I wish I knew his number,” Rui said while Marley dialled up We’s number.

“It’s a good thing you didn’t,” Dawn said. “Otherwise, Whitney-sensei would be in more trouble, like that fight she was having with Jasmine-sensei.”

“I don’t think the address was the only issue…” Zoey said while thinking.

“His cell phone is switched off but I left him a message, saying that we’re looking for him,” Marley said putting her cell phone away.

“Well then, where do we go from here?” Rui asked.

“Since the boys went into their own direction to look for Wes, maybe we should take another,” Marley said.

Everyone agreed to that plan with one modification. Emok chose to stay behind because she lived in this area she would inform Wes that his friends were looking for him when he gets back.

“Well, I suppose that could work,” Dawn said.

“Question, why are you helping us?” Zoey asked.

“Because… he’s my friend too,” Emok said, looking down with a smile.

“He got you too, huh?” Marley mumbled noticeably.

“What’s that?” Rui asked. She didn’t hear what Marley said.

“Nothing, nothing.”

Elsewhere, the teachers, Whitney, Jasmine, Sabrina and Surge were walking down a street, trying to find a good place to eat after the former army liutenant stopped the fighting between both the language and art teacher. “So any ideas, Whitney?” Miss Jasmine asked.

“Well, I think I’ll leave it up to you guys,” Miss Whitney replied.

“What’s the catch?” Miss Sabrina asked suspiciously.

“No catches… except that one of you guys are buying.”

“No! No way!” Mr. Surge complained. “I paid for our food last time.”

“Besides, you never pay for anything,” Miss Jasmine said.

“Oh come on!” Miss Whitney replied back. “What about the time when I paid at that expensive Italian rest…?”

“I don’t think so,” Sabrina said calmly. “You didn’t pay for our meal, that manager did after you did some flirting with him.”

“Well, my flirting paid off, right? Geddit?” Miss Whitney replied smugly. The other moaned with disappointment in that joke. “Hey, look! A Japanese bar!”

“Oh boy,” Sabrina muttered, knowing what was going to happen.

An hour later, everyone went back to Wes’s place, where they started out to look for him. “I take it that you guys couldn’t find him?” Emok asked.

“You guys couldn’t find him either?” Barry said annoyed. “Oh man! Us boys looked everywhere for him! Arcades, shops, pokemon centre, the New Yorker, hospitals, back allies, and some other places we weren’t allowed to get into!”

Everyone gave Barry a dull look after that last statement, knowing what he can be like. “What?” Barry said feeling accused.

“Us too,” Marley said. “And no sign of him.”

“He’ll turn up eventually,” Emok said. “It’s getting pretty dark and we should all go home right now.”

“True,” Dawn said. “My mom’s always worried about no matter how many times I tell not to.”

And with that, they all went home, each of them agreeing to not say a word about this.

Meanwhile, a young teen wearing some winter clothing was coming out of a drug store with a small bag containing some medicine. Along with his silver hair and cool exterior, he also had a red nose and his hand was wrapped in bandages. After he left place, he let out a loud sneeze.

“Well, well, well! If it isn’t that traitor Wes,” another man snorted, catching the young man’s attention. Wes looked up and saw three men in rugged street clothing. One of them was armed with a steel trashcan lid. “What’s the matter, Wes? Having trouble recognising your old friends? The Snagem Gang?”

Wes let out a couple of small coughs. “Guys,” he said poorly. “I don’t have time for this and I’m not feeling well.”

“You’re in a rush, huh?” the second member shouted. “Then if you want to be on your way, all you have to do is promise us that you’ll come back with us when you get better.”

“If you don’t wanna, we know that school you go to. If you don’t join us, we’ll beat up every single one of your school buddies,” warned another.

Wes placed his finger onto his nose. “Guys, I don’t have the time for this right now,” he said weakly.

“Yeah, well, we got the time for anything… like beating you up until you come back with us!”

Back with the teachers, Mr. Surge was holding onto the now drunk Miss Whitney, her arm draping over his shoulders with Jasmine and Sabrina walking behind them.

“And sometime after school too,” Miss Jasmine said. “Couldn’t you have waited?”

“We ought to get her a taxi,” Sabrina suggested.

“Look, you guys don’t have to do the boring teaching, remember?!” Miss Whitney shouted drunkenly.

They soon heard some shouting going on a distance away and they turned their attention towards the noisemakers. Three were wearing some rugged clothing while one was wearing some winter clothes. “I’ll take care of this,” Mr. Surge said handing Miss Whitney over to his fellow teachers.

“Hey! Don’t go out there!” Jasmine warned in alarm.

“Hey! As an army soldier, I ain’t having that sort of trouble around here!” Surge barked back before heading towards the fight.

“I think his old habits are kicking in again,” Sabrina said noticeably.

“Go get ‘em, GI Moe!” Miss Whitney yelled, still drunk.

Back at Wes’s location, he was dodging every single punch and kick the ruffians were throwing at him. At one point, his back hit a lamppost and one of the members of the Snagem Gang saw an opening. “Where are you going to run to now, kid?” he shouted tauntingly before he rushed towards him with his fist held up.

He threw his punch at him… only to hit the hard, steel lamppost after Wes ducked out of the way. “Yow!” the ruffian yelled in pain, running around in circles while holding his hurt hand.

Wes held his red nose again. “Hah! You haven’t lost your touch one bit, Wes!” the ruffian holding the stop sign said. “But we’re still not gonna stop until you team up with us again!”

With that, he leapt into the air, looking the slam his weapon on top of Wes’s head. Wes was too distracted by his ticklish nose to hear or notice anything. “Atchoo!”

BANG!

The sign did slam on something but it wasn’t Wes’s head… it was Mr. Surge’s, who got hit after Wes let out a sneeze, which made him lower his head and avoid the attack. Realising what he had just done, the ruffian slowly moved the sign away from Mr. Surge’s face, now showing bloody nose and a pair of ferocious-looking eyes.

BANG!

“Gah!” yelled the ruffian as he was being pummelled by the former army soldier. Wes and the other gang members looked on in fear of Mr. Surge’s anger and the beating he was causing.

“I wouldn’t want to go to the school if I were you guys,” Wes said while sniffling. “He teaches there.”

Three of the Snagem Gang looked at Wes in shock before slowly turning their attention back to the beating. “You… do whatever you want then,” one of the gang members said as he began to move away slowly as did the other one before they ran away. Letting out a small sigh of relief, Wes went on his way while Mr. Surge kept on beating the ruffian.

A distance away, Rui was walking down the street with sadness and concern in her eyes. All day long, she had been worried sick about Wes the entire time since she noticed he wasn’t in school. When she first met him, it was in class when they all introduced them and it was to her amazement that there was more than to what he could explain, or would like to explain. He was calm, bright and athletic, yet he was cold, quiet and distant to many, including his friends despite spending time with them outside school. Despite all the negatives she had been hearing from other people, such as being retained from the previous year or was once a member of a street gang, she stuck alongside with him, no matter what.

She looked up from the ground she was staring at and saw Wes walking past her flower shop she called home. She was shocked yet happy to see him but what was more shocking was that Wes had a runny red nose and his hand was wrapped in bandages. “Wes!” she cried as she ran over to him.

Wes turned to her attention and small showed on his face. “Oh, hi, Rui,” he said coolly.

“Where have you been all day? I was worried about you!” she said with relief in her voice.

“Had to go buy some medicine,” Wes replied, rubbing his blocked up nose. “I caught a cold so I was told not to go school today.”

“What happed to your hand?” she asked nervously.

Wes looked at the hand that was wrapped in bandages. He remembered that while he walking to his local hospital, he spotted a familiar pink little kitten, known as a Skitty, that didn’t look very well at the time. He decided to take it to the nearest pokemon centre to have her treated. After she was treated, Wes wanted to take her back where he found her…

CHOMP!

But instead his hand got bitten by the little fur ball before she ran away. So, because of that, not only did Wes had to visit a doctor to examine his illness, he also had to get bandages for his hurt hand. “I wasn’t being careful,” he said simply, still examining his hand.

Rui took a big breath to ease her worry. “Wes…” she said, hoping to get his attention.

“Yeah?”

“Were you… a part of the Snagem Gang?”

Wes became surprised by that question and wondered how she found out. Thinking about it, it was obvious that there were rumours going around in school that he was a part of gang that enjoyed stealing and hurting others and there was a good chance that someone would tell on him. But he never thought that this question would come from her. “Yeah…” he said guiltily.

“And you have to repeat a year, right?”

“Yeah.”

Rui smiled a small smile. “Wes… no matter what happens… you’ll always known as the guy who saved me… and more importantly… my friend,” she said calmly with sincerity in her tone.

Despite his cool exterior, Wes was actually amazed by this attitude. People would normally despise and ignore others who were a part of a street gang. “Rui…” he said.

“And remember… any time you need someone, I’ll be there for you.”

Wes smiled in response to her offer. “Thanks, Rui,” he said.

They both stood on their spots, looking at each other for long minutes in silence until Wes broke it up. “It’s getting a dark, don’t you think?” he asked.

Her eyes widened in shock. “Oh no! My grandparents are going to get mad at me! I gotta go! See ya later, Wes!” she cried as she ran to her flowers shop door.

“Later,” Wes said coolly before making his way back as well.

Rui quickly entered the shop and closed the door. “Rui? Is that you, dear?” a voice cried from another room.

“Yes! I got held back at school today, grandma!” Rui cried.

“It happens! Now, c’mon! I kept your dinner warm!”

Rui sighed with relief, knowing how much suffering she could’ve caused if she made her grandparents had to wait longer without calling them. She pressed her back and head against the door, reflecting back on everything she heard about Wes and what she could’ve told him when she was just outside. “I could’ve told something…” she said.

After the weekend, everything was back to normal when Wes came back to school after he recovered from his cold. They were talking about during break time. “See? I told you guys it was a cold,” Zoey said.

“Are you sure?” Barry asked Wes. “Are you sure you weren’t doing some secret agent work?”

Brendan gave him a punch to the top of his head. “Are you still going on about it, idiot!?” he shouted in frustration. “You’ve been bothering about that all weekend, did you know that?”

“Ow… there’s was no need for that, man…” Barry said, rubbing his hurt head.

While they argued, Wes spotted a familiar face standing close to the classroom door. She had a smile on her face. No longer than a second she walked away. He looked at his friends who were talking amongst themselves about random things and figured out that she had spoken to them about him being part of the Snagem Gang. What he also figured out that none of them would say a word about it to anyone else… and what great friends he had.

Some secrets are best kept hidden.

*Cue ending song ‘Girls Just Wanna Have Fun’ by Cyndi Lauper*
-----------------
Next episode:

Marley: Valentine’s Day. Possibly the romantic day of the year. I know people like Wes will be getting lots of Valentine’s Day cards and love letters unlike some people…

Barry: I got a love letter! I got a love letter!

Marley: Really? I’m surprised, actually. Who’s it from?

Barry: Let’s see… no… no… GAAAH!

Marley: I think he just snapped. See you next time on Goldenrod High.
-----------------
More coming! ^^ What’cha think?

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
Come on ! A new chapter :p

“Yeah?” Miss Whitney replied curiously, turning around as they both left the room with Rui closing the door.

“Miss Whitney, it’s about Wes,” Rui said.

“What about him?”

“I know it’s been only one day that he isn’t here but… I can’t help but worry, miss.”

“Oh, he’s probably got a cold or something, nothing to worry about,” Miss Whitney said reassuringly.

She sounds much more humain and friendly here...a resolution ? :rolleyes:

“You guys ain’t from the Snagem Gang, right? You ain’t here to cause trouble, are ya?”

“Snagem Gang? Who are they?” Rui asked.

The grotty bloke slammed the door on their faces, much to their shock. “Ya jerk!” Barry shouted angrily.

Better not ask I guess...

Brendan placed his hand on his friend’s shoulder. “Barry, I going to tell you this because it’s true,” he said. “You’re an idiot.”

This quote wins :D

Letting out a small sigh of relief, Wes went on his way while Mr. Surge kept on beating the ruffian.

The man needs to blow off some steam ^^

While they argued, Wes spotted a familiar face standing close to the classroom door. She had a smile on her face. No longer than a second she walked away.

Was that Emok ?

And yeah, I got intrigued by the whole Valentine's day spoiler ^^
Keep it up ;)
This one was had it's funny moments, while still keeping a serious tone lol

Ariel_Anderson

Just some Random
Ariel: Yay! New chapter!
Wally: I um, have a um, qu-question...? Is Emok um, an o-original character...?
Ariel: Wally is being extra speech awkward today 'cause he's got a cruuuuuuush!
Wally: *Faints from utter embarrassment*
Ariel: Wally? Wally?! Wake up, I say!

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Shadow Shipper:
She sounds much more humain and friendly here...a resolution ?
Nope. Like I said before, she has her mood swings. ^^
The man needs to blow off some steam ^^
I could've had Surge hit that guy with a fire extinguisher, stop signs, garbage cans and a Sudowoodo. XD
Was that Emok ?
How did you guess? ^^
And yeah, I got intrigued by the whole Valentine's day spoiler ^^
There will be surprises and laughter in that chapter, I can garauntee you that much.
This one was had it's funny moments, while still keeping a serious tone lol
Thank you.

Ariel: No, Wally, Emok is not an original character. Remember Collosseum? Emok was one of Wes's opponents when she teased Rui in Pyrite Town. And good luck on that crush of yours. ^^

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Thank you, Wind. What is about Wes that you like about? To tell you something, I enjoy writing Barry a lot because he's the comedy character of the group.

I have some news. Some good, some bad. The good news is that I landed myself a job but the bad news is that I'm going to have less time writing my fics, which means that you guys are probably going to have wait a little while for the next chapter. It pains me not get my creative side out for you guys (My job doesn't involve me letting my creative side out). --; Sorry, fellas.

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
I feel sorry for you, since it pains you not to let your creative side out :D

But nah, congrats for your job, and we'll wait around ;)