• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Golem or Rydon?

Rydon or Golem

• Rydon

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • Golem

Votes: 18 38.3%

• Total voters

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Well, I've got a Ryhorn and Geodude (both adamant), and don't know which of the two to use in my team.

Which one should I have in my team, Rydon or Golem?

PS: Ignore the factor of Rydon's D/P evolution, because i will be using neither in my D/P team.

PPS: DO NOT SAY NEITHER or THEY SUCK DONT USE THEM. savvy?

Scepgatr

I prefer Rhydon. Its got better moveset options. It can SubPunch, and can Curse/Swords Dance. Rhydon can also learn Megahorn. Then only thing it can't do which Golem can, is use Explosion.

Mew3

Kill `em!
I say Golem, with this moveset:

Golem@Leftovers OR Choice Band
204 HP / 252 Atk / 54 Sp.Def w/Leftovers OR 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Sp.Def w/ Choice Band
Trait: Sturdy
Adamant nature
- Explosion
- HP Bug
- Rock Blast
- Focus Punch if 3rdgen/Fire Punch if 4th

Alzi

Toon link
I sorta like Golem because of the explosion it has, but then again rhydon has so many other sets and now is even better in d/p.

Archeopterix

Vagabond
Golem. Explosion can come in handy. Also rock blast, though I think they can both learn that attack.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Lmao. 3 people say Go Golem, 3 say go Rydon... 50-50.

If I was to do Golem (which im leaning towards because of explosion) how bout this for a moveset:

Earthquake
Rock Blast
Explosion
Focus Punch (although, only prob is bad speed - not helped by min of 6 speed IVs)

PS:

my geodude has pretty good IVs, all except speed and sp atk with a min of 20+

Atk is min 22 and max 31 (avg 26)
Sp Def is the exact same as Atk
Def avg is 23 (min 19 max 29)
HP avg is 25 (min 20 max 30)

Last edited:

WhyteMage

Rhydon is generally used more. It's got megahorn. And better attack. But it depends on what you like doing.

Too_Hungry35

I'm TOO cool.
Lmao. 3 people say Go Golem, 3 say go Rydon... 50-50.

If I was to do Golem (which im leaning towards because of explosion) how bout this for a moveset:

Earthquake
Rock Blast
Explosion
Focus Punch (although, only prob is bad speed - not helped by min of 6 speed IVs)

PS:

my geodude has pretty good IVs, all except speed and sp atk with a min of 20+

Atk is min 22 and max 31 (avg 26)
Sp Def is the exact same as Atk
Def avg is 23 (min 19 max 29)
HP avg is 25 (min 20 max 30)

Maybe you can use Golem except you can take out Rock Blast for Substitute so you can use Focus Punch if needed?

Both of them are slow, both of them will get OHKO'd by Giga Drain or Surf, but DEFINATELY Rhydon. He has higher attack and he can learn swords dance so he is WAY better than Golem.

Havak

The Best
Heh, I just put Rhydon in the lead

Anyway, IMO Rhydon is the better choice, mainly due to Megahorn, other moves these Pokémon use would be very similar.

So, if Rhydon/Golem is one of your main Physical walls, I would pick Rhydon, due to the fact it won't be exploding lol. But if you're not worried about blowing something up, use Golem to for a hope of a kill on something troublesome.

I'll go through some pros and cons.

Rhydon: Higher Attack, Higher HP, can learn moves like Swords Dance and Megahorn which always help out.

Golem: Higher in all other stats, though most of them are meaningless, the more Defence is pretty much countered back by the higher HP of Rhydon.

To be honest, Rhydon is just a slightly better Pokémon, which is why Golem is left in UU play.