• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gone Corphishin' (299)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Gone Corphishin'!

While camping out after training on Dewford Island, Ash & Co. get interrupted by an underground menace who keeps causing problems around the Island. Believing it is a Pokémon, Ash intends to catch it. Will he stop it from it's mayhem?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

F

Factory Head Noland

This was an exciting episode! I liked the part when it's night and the gang are tracking Corphish down and it chases May (lol!). I loved the capture aswell when the sun rose and Corphish lost it's patience but Treecko kept it's cool until the last second, and when Treecko Pounded Corphish's Bubblebeam...brilliant.
Of all the scenes in that episode why have a picture of that Loudred??

Chris

Old Coot
That was the image posted on TV Tokyo's AG site. A good chunk of the images used in these come from TV Tokyo's site.

And is it me, or does Corphish sound somewhat like Farfetch'd in the dub? o_O;

F

Factory Head Noland

Oh right, they could have used a better image on the site.

I've just realised that it does! It's nearly the same voice!

Akane

YAY! I loved this epsiode. I liked when Ash and his Pokemon(Treecko, Taillow, Pikachu)where medating and when the wave came they try to outrun it. They missed by the way, and they got wet. LOL!! I also like when they try to catch the Pokemon who caused all attacks(destoyed thier tent, made Ash and co fall in the water, lol). When Ash found out it was a Corphish, he tries to catch it. And he did, yay. I love Corphish. This was one the best epsiodes ever, in my vauly. lol.

F

flixerblixer

I have this episode taped and I have seen over ten times now. It is hiarious and I like it when the writers do something instead of Ash & Co. meeting a new friend and helping their Pokemon. This was a very creative episode. It involves the gang at a campsite they settled up and just seeing Ash determined to catch a Pokemon and how it involves Ash & Co. finding out what it is and catching it. And I liked Team Rocket a lot in this episode and it is hilarious. It is one of the best AG episodes I have seen.

Haha, remember: The shame ...

Space Skitty

Hoenn Champion
flixerblixer said:
Haha, remember: The shame ...

XD! I remember that part! That was SO funny! May & Max just like to shame others! XD! I liked this episode a lot. Corphish was a feisty little thing! I also liked that part when May started to choke Max outta fear! XD!

R

Robert

This was definatley one of the funniest episodes ever... After 299, the twerps got TR to fall in a pit... :) It was also good to see Ash actually... CATCH a Pokemon rather than become friends with it and wave good-bye... >.< May was pretty funny here, too.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This episode definitely had a lot of great parts to it. I loved the twerps using Team Rocket's pitfalls to trap Corphish, and Max and May making the others feel shame for it. I love it when they shame Team Rocket too. :) I also like that this is one of the very few episodes that start with Team Rocket. :) Plus, I love Corphish, so it's great to see the episode where he joins the team.

V

vulpix

i think it took almost the whole episode for ash to catch corphish.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Heehee, May was such a wimp in these early Hoenn episodes. All she did was whine and complain for most of the episode, but that's what I like about her. :D

Amazing how she changed so quickly though, after she lost her first contest to Drew I believe.

In this episode Ash even yells at May for not practicing for her Contests, and she just sits there staring. XD

Clueless May from early Hoenn is sorely missed. So hilariously confused, I miss this side of May. :(

L

lightspeed

I enjoyed this episode, I like the part where they were waiting for Corphish to fall in the trap and they don't know where corphish is going to pop out it was quite exciting and the battle with corphish was cool too. 8/10 for this episode.

eonteam123456

Codenumber 242
Loudred was cool.

Some_Random_Person

Abort, Retry, Fail?
Corphish's voice does sound like Farfetch'd in the dub. I found it funny when Corphish jumped up angrily and threw a tantrum after Treecko deflected the bubblebeam.

Magmarashi

Bastion of Flame
This was actually an enjoyable episode for me.

Heigani (Corphish) has become one of my Favorite Water Pokemon, if not my favorite.

I don't know how it was so speedy underground when it usually moved slow on Land. Another odd thing about the Anime's Heigani was that it never Evolved. It was quite a feisty and resilient one, he could've easily became a Shizarigaa.

Battra

A very good episode, grats to Ash for catching a Corphish, his 5th Water Pokemon, 2nd crustacean based Pokemon and his 1st Hoen based Water Pokemon and 1st crustacean Pokemon to be on his main team. Loved the part where Ash and Brock decided to take a TR idea and try it out then May and Max making them feel ashamed for admitting that if it works for TR it'll work for them, also laughed when TR fell into said hole and were complaing about it until May and Max shamed them. Lastly I got to point out a dub edit May's supposed to be basing her contest style off of Brawly not Steven, Steven didn't even have a battling or contest style he just threw out his Aggron and had it use Hyper Beam.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
it was a nice episode although the catching of corphish took a bit too long in my opinion, corpish is a funny pokemon if you ask me so it's worth it.