• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gone Corphishin' (299)

Tadashi

kiss my greens
And is it me, or does Corphish sound somewhat like Farfetch'd in the dub? o_O;

It's not just you. I heard it too. Tch, darn 4Kids recycling the same old voices... XD;

Anyway, the episode was alright overall. I'm just sorry it took almost the entire episode for Ash to catch that darn Fafetch'd Corphish :p

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
The episode was taking too long for the catch to happen but it was an interesting one indeed.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I thought this was a good episode. Corphish was really becoming a pain for Ash, Brock, Max, May and een Team Rocket. I thought Ash made a good choice in the way he decided to train. I felt bad for May during the late night stake outs. She was obviously very scared about the whole situation. I did think however it was neat that May had been training for pokemon contests, even if she didn't quite know the rules. I was surprised that the pokemon turned out to be a Corphish. Although I was glad Ash captured it. It was really powerful and should definantly help him defeat Brawly.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great episode, especially when Corphish battled vs Treecko.

Ash and Brock really knew something about holes in the ground, and it works.

BlueDragonfangirl

I just saw the episode. My favorite bits had to be Ash and his Pokemon traning in the begining with waves, Treecko messing up, the sweat drop LOL. Than Ash/Brock digging a hole and being proud of falling for Team Rockets traps and May/Max going "How low can you go?" With Ash/Brock going "The Shame" HAHA. I also liked how smart Ash was being with his traning here. Episodes like these make me really want Brock around forever, cuz I kind of like Ash/Brock friendship.

edit;

Another part I liked was May/Max using the shame work on Team Rocket about there motto and they did the same thing Ash/Brock did LOL. They must be wearing off on each other, I mean coppying the hole digging from Team Rocket? Falling into traps? ManXD

edit 2;

Did any one else get reminded of the first Pokemon movie with that music at the end? When Ash was shaking Corpfish claw? Was like The First movie begining music. For some reason they decided to use that bit for that one scene, guess cuz it took a while for Ash to catch it. Whatever I liked it.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well it was an entertaining episode. You don't usually get those with a capture now do you?

Liked that Ash and Co. tried to stop the menace, but it turned out to be a naughty Corphish. I liked that Treecko fought it and that's what allowed Ash to catch it.

Ash's first main non-starter Water type. Cool. 6/10

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Well it was an entertaining episode. You don't usually get those with a capture now do you?

Liked that Ash and Co. tried to stop the menace, but it turned out to be a naughty Corphish. I liked that Treecko fought it and that's what allowed Ash to catch it.

Ash's first main non-starter Water type. Cool. 6/10
well naughty but very strong. Treeck was very brave in the battle vs Corphish but his type advantage really help it. (after Pikachu)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
They didn't recycle the same voice. Corphish's voice was just similar, they probably used the same VA.

No it was the VA from the english dub. and it was a great voice, he matched to Corphish's toughness. especially in this episode.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
No it was the VA from the english dub. and it was a great voice, he matched to Corphish's toughness. especially in this episode.

I KNOW it's a VA from the English dub. That's what I said.

I wouldn't expect his Japanese voice to have been used in the 4Kids dubbed version. God knows they almost always recast those roles.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
This was an alright episode for me. It was getting a little repetitive with them trying to trap Corphish, but I really like it and I'm glad Ash captured it.

saar

Shiny Flygon
Corphish's first episode was the best I remember in this season. (apart from the gym battles).
It seems strange that Ash had many troubles against a Water type pokemon when Pikachu and Treecko were with a type advantages. The funny part was in the end of the episode when Ash and Corphish shook hands...

G50

No longer posting
This epsiode was ok... It was cool seeing Corphish for the 1st time. I'm glad Ash battled it and then caught it. Treecko vs Corphish was a really cool battle. It was funny seeing Corphish become very impatient. It was funny when Ash and Corphish shook hands in the end.

40/100

TheEpicGoomba

This episode was cool. It was awesome to see Corphish, I really like it just like Crawdaunt. I'm really happy Ash was able to catch. It was cool to see Ash not use a starter Pokemon for his main team for the first time.

Vernikova

Champion
This episode was golden solely because Ash and Brock decided to dig holes to capture Corphish. It's always funny when they have the protagonists imitate Team Rocket.

7threst

I love the backwards joke that Team Rocket fell in one of groups holes and "The shame" part was an nice emphasize on that too. I also love Corphish, its aggressive and simultaneous humorous personality really made it a nice addition to Ash's team. Hence, I feel like character development in some of Ash's Pokémon is getting better and better as time passes by.