• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gone with the Windworks (612)

NES

Flip me to the side!
I have missed most of the DP episodes because honestly i lost interest in the anime, i wanted to check out the 1 hour special just for, you guess, Kotone and the nostalgia of Johto.

So, overall, i think this was a very entertaining episode. Kotone turned out to be a good and charming character which i would like to stick around for a lot more, a filler season if possible, she has an interesting party (mostly because of Girafarig),she is a trainer which is nice because there are many female coordinators, even Ash is into that too. Her voice is not annoying.

Team Rocket mecha was insanity, i agree with it being the best mecha ever, not the classic filler episode three-boxes-sticked-together mecha they use all the time. Wobbuffet using mirror coat, it's good seeing that thing into action.

Selfdestruct Togepi

Fangirls Beware!
The only thing that stood out for me was Wobbuffet pwning the Magnamites, but it is safe to say this is a nice and decent episode.

Blaziryu

Like the previous episode, this one wasn't good to me as well. Can somebody please explain to me how Dawn's newborn Cyndaquil being a match to Ash's Grotle. I was calling bulls*** after watching them battle. The only thing I enjoy about this episode was Piplup & Cyndaquil fighting. Piplup is really insecure for mistreating Cyndaquil like that. I mean, it was just born. Dawn should've return Piplup in its Pokeball instead of Cyndaquil during their last fight.

STICKTOPIA

Like the previous episode, this one wasn't good to me as well. Can somebody please explain to me how Dawn's newborn Cyndaquil being a match to Ash's Grotle. I was calling bulls*** after watching them battle. The only thing I enjoy about this episode was Piplup & Cyndaquil fighting. Piplup is really insecure for mistreating Cyndaquil like that. I mean, it was just born. Dawn should've return Piplup in its Pokeball instead of Cyndaquil during their last fight.
Yo I was saying the same exact thing. Piplup isn't going back in its pokeball until Dawn uses it for contests and after that it's back out the ball.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
It was a training battle, Blaziryu. Ash chose grotle probably because Dawn's cynda is a newborn and want to give it advantage. But yeah, it's really strange how grotle keep training (get screentime) a lot, just for a newborn rookie pokemon put him on the corners a little...

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Grotle was merely being what it always is - a defensive wall. Likewise, it proved the perfect subject for Cyndaquil to test its abilities against.

That said, I do echo the thoughts of this one being a snoozer. It wasn't a blatant promotion like the previous episode, but it felt like the only real purpose here was to show off a cute, temporary rivalry between Cyndaquil and Piplup, with the Valley Windworks thrown in as a game location to make it seem a little more significant. It also felt like there was nowhere near enough material to fill up 22 minutes, so we were stuck with go-nowhere scenes of the gang attempting to break out of the room. Admittedly, we got one of the best TR mechas in a while, but it only lasted a few seconds.

Last edited:
Heehee~ I thought this episode was pretty cute. :> Piplup/Cyndaquil rivalry was funny, Team Rocket with Afros was hilarious, their mecha was pretty with the glowing (oooooh!), and the old man was funny also. XD The BEST part, was Kotone. I LOVE HER. She's so awesome. =D

I'm still really glad that she made an appearance with Ash co. and that she's a trainer who collects badges, not ribbons. (Hey, maybe IF the group DOES go to Johto for BF, maybe they'll meet her there again! : D)

...yay! Pearlshipping reference! <3 *shot*

STICKTOPIA

Heehee~ I thought this episode was pretty cute. :> Piplup/Cyndaquil rivalry was funny, Team Rocket with Afros was hilarious, their mecha was pretty with the glowing (oooooh!), and the old man was funny also. XD The BEST part, was Kotone. I LOVE HER. She's so awesome. =D

I'm still really glad that she made an appearance with Ash co. and that she's a trainer who collects badges, not ribbons. (Hey, maybe IF the group DOES go to Johto for BF, maybe they'll meet her there again! : D)

...yay! Pearlshipping reference! <3 *shot*
Yea that would definitely happen IF they go to the johto bf.

randomspot555

Animation kind of sucked/was choppy.

It was nice to see a main Pokemon jealous of a new capture. Usually it's the other way around.

Otherwise, fairly boring.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Why was it called "Dungeon Capture"? I don't get it.

Anyway, it was pretty boring and the animation wasn't so good. I noticed that with all the Kotone episodes :S

3/10

Geodude

I liked the scene where Kotone tried to get Dawn to say she likes Ash. XD

Since they returned to the Valley Windworks here, it would've been kinda nice to see at least a cameo from Nurse Joy's family from the previous Valley Windworks episode, but oh well.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I think it was a great episode, especially the battle with Syndaquil.
i loved also to see Wobbuffet using a move again after so long time.

Torpoleon

The episode seemed kind of interesting. Nice to see Cyndaquil in its first battle. Maybe Lyra likes Ash?

8/10
The episode was interesting alright, but that does not make it my favorite. But, it did seem decent.

9Tales

Only complaint I have is Magnemite's new voice. Are they trying to make it sound more robotic? They'd be better off just leaving it's voice unedited. I mean, Electabuzz, Elekid, Victreebel and other Pokemon's voices have been left unedited.

Vernikova

Champion
It was a cute episode. There was nothing of interest that happened outside of the scenes of Ash & co. trapped inside of the room though.

Dattebayo

Banned
Looks like it'll take a while before Piplup and Cyndaquil start acting nice to each other. Looks like Lyra just shout out a Pearlshipping hint, which brings me sheer of joy. Too bad they may never be together because of the confirmation of the 5th gen, which means she will be kicked out of thee group, and worse my dream of her being in a Smash Bros. game will never come true.

XxpikapikaxX

Is also a Naruto fan
I liked this episode. A fun little episode, like V Faction says.

8.5/10

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Enjoyed this episode.
And also
CYNDAQUIL OPENED ITS EYES!!!!!!!