• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gone with the Windworks (612)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The Piplup/Cyndaquil rivalry was funny, Team Rocket with Afros was hilarious, and the old man was funny also. Best part was Lyra. I'm really glad that she made an appearance with Ash co. and that she's a trainer who collects badges.~

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
His spat with Hinoarashi was ridiculous in the sense that Hinoarashi wasn't rude or offensive to Pochama at all, yet Pochama felt threatened just because Hinoarashi was the "baby" of Hikari's team. How asinine.

Piplup did seem kind of extreme in his dislike of Cyndaquil, tho in his defense Cyndaquil kept snubbing him in the start of the episode and since we know how Piplup likes attention, I figure that that hurt his pride a bit hee hee.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Huh, I just realized something: Valley Windworks looked radically different here than it did in the Drifloon filler episode. :/

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Huh, I just realized something: Valley Windworks looked radically different here than it did in the Drifloon filler episode. :/

I noticed that as well since the Valley Windworks here was between two mountains while the Valley Windworks from before was surrounded by forest only. The lack of Paige and Karstan's dad makes me think this was a different Valley Windworks.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I noticed that as well since the Valley Windworks here was between two mountains while the Valley Windworks from before was surrounded by forest only. The lack of Paige and Karstan's dad makes me think this was a different Valley Windworks.

Good, so I'm not just seeing things then lol. Idk why it was changed, though. It would've been so much more consistent to keep the original Valley Windworks here...

ZilverLox

Banned
A below-average episode for me. This episode only serves two purposes: 1) To better introduce Dawn's new Cyndaquil. 2) Have Lyra and Khorey adjust themselves into the group. This explains why separating the humans from their Pokemon is an essential plotline.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Decent episode, don't have much to say. I liked Piplup's and Cyndaquil's rivarly, it's nice not to have the main casts Pokemon being friendly to each other all of the time. The supposed Pearlshipping stuff...yeah, I didn't really see it either.

Leonhart

Imagineer
One thing that I disliked seeing here was Kotone's random banter. She came across as witty when she first debuted, yet here she seemed too talkative and uncoordinated.

Daizy

I call you honey
What was unique about Dawn's new Cyndaquil was how it was immediately able to activate its flames which took Ash's Cyndaquil much longer to achieve. And it's cool that Dawn's Cyndaquil already knows Flame Wheel.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Hikari's Hinoarashi certainly seemed spunky even this soon after hatching, which I found odd since we'd seen much weaker newborn Pokemon in the cast before, such as Gomazou.

Scorbunnie

Lyra again proved why she was such a fun character when she started pairing the others into relationships for her own entertainment. Piplup deserved to get hit for being such a jerk to poor little Cyndaquil who had just hatched.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Lyra is such a fun and lovable Character and also a tad romantic. She's my ideal girl. I really liked when she asked Dawn about her relationship with Ash. Lyra's own personal dissatisfaction with Khoury was also a really nice plot point (which gets built up over the next few episodes) and the fact that she wants him to be more like Ash (courageous and bold instead of timid and weak). Also another episode which really shows who Ash is as a Character rather than just giving him over-hyped dramatic arcs which go nowhere (take notes XY).

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
Lyra is such a fun and lovable Character and also a tad romantic. She's my ideal girl. I really liked when she asked Dawn about her relationship with Ash. Lyra's own personal dissatisfaction with Khoury was also a really nice plot point (which gets built up over the next few episodes) and the fact that she wants him to be more like Ash (courageous and bold instead of timid and weak). Also another episode which really shows who Ash is as a Character rather than just giving him over-hyped dramatic arcs which go nowhere (take notes XY).
Maybe you should start charging XY rent.

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
I haven't thought that much about the XY Series or the Mediocre Current Series at all. I am just enjoying Peak Anipoke in DP and my mood has improved considerably. Try it, you'll have fun too.
> Anipoke
> Fun
I'll have to kindly decline.

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"Pikachu, Cyndaquil and Piplup, the Mystery Dungeon squad"

Episode: 5/10

Maybe you should start charging XY rent.
DP definitely did a better job for Ash's characterization than XY, that's for sure

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
DP definitely did a better job for Ash's characterization than XY, that's for sure
My Biggest Problem with XY's Characterization of Satoshi is that even though it is the Polar Opposite of BW Satoshi, it continues the "Self-Contained" Problem that BW started. SM later continued that as well. Like there is no way you could really think this is the same Satoshi as the last series. What XY should have done is make Satoshi start from bottom and then slowly become DP-Level Competent in the XY&Z Portion.