• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gonna Rule The School! (291)

Littlemyuu

It was a nice episode, good that Max learn something at that school

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I thought that it was cool how Max was able to have a pokemon battle...although he didn't do so well by only using defensive attacks. I thought that the Trainer's School was pretty neat all around. You can really tell that May doesn't like battling much, and would much rather be a pokemon coordinator and participate in contests. It was also neat how Roxanne mentioned how she somewhat looked up to Brock for being the former Pewter City Gym Leader. I also thought it was neat how this was Max's first time to meet Professor Oak.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well at least we got Roxanne's official anime debut :)

The rest of the episode was so bland and unnecessary though. A trainer's school? Max battling? He never gets a Pokemon anyway....

For sheer entertainment, a 4/10

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I loved to see Max battles, too bad he lost.

And Oak was great, how he explaned to the kids the things on pokemon.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I liked seeing Max interact and battle with the other kids, it showed that even though he's very knowledgeable about pokemon, he's still a kid. It was also nice to see Roxanne and I liked her personality. Overall, this was a nice episode.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see a Typhlosion in the Anime. It was cool to see Max get to battle for the 1st time. It was cool that Roxanne knew Brock as a Gym Leader, plus it makes sense that she would know him.

30/100

TheEpicGoomba

This episode was alright. I thought it was cool and quite interesting to see Max have his first battle. Shame he lost. Cool to see Roxanne have her anime debut.

Vernikova

Champion
I actually liked this episode. Roxanne had a pretty interesting voice (that I couldn't remember until I re-watched this episode) and I suppose it was nice to see May getting more into Pokemon contests. Ash dressing up like some kind of tourist was pretty embarrassing and it made me cringe. Max was merely an afterthought in this episode for me.

7threst

LOL Ash was hilarious at the beginning and Brock after: "Never been that embarrassed before" It was nice to see Roxanne and knowing that the first gym battle was not far away. Is it also a running gag that Ash's is getting shocked the whole time whenever he finds out who the gym leader is? I also thought the whole rivalry/jealousy thing with Tommy was interesting too.

I liked to see how many different classes the school had. And Ash's outfit in the beginning was funny! Also, Max didn't do well in that battle, but he at least learned from it. I also liked to see May state her desire to become a Coordinator. A good episode, 9/10.

Blessed

Ash's outfit in the beginning was dreadful. Poor Brock having to go through that embarrassment. Anyway It was nice seeing the different classes this school had. This episode was alright but aside from the classes, it was boring. I didn't care for Max battling, it wasn't fun. May was really funny though. LOL, now I know she's not meant for school. Lastly, I like the idea of Brock & Roxanne. They're both Rock-type Gym leaders, so it was weird that Brock didn't fall for her.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Ash looked totally ridiculous at the beginning of the episode, but overall I thought his outfit was hilarious and I liked how everyone else seemed embarrassed by it. Anyway, it was nice being introduced to Roxanne and seeing her work at the Trainers' School. I thought it was interesting how the school offered such a variety of classes. I liked how May took such an interest in the contest class since she obviously wasn't too enthusiastic about doing Gym battles. Also, I loved how Max seemed so star struck over meeting Prof. Oak.

I have to be honest, those glasses Ash had at the beginning reminded me of pot leaves.
Max order just defensive moves in his battle reminds me of the occasional trainers in the games who seem to use strictly those moves.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Seeing Ash with all those souvenirs was hilarious. As for the Trainers' School itself, I really liked that Professor Oak gave the students a lecture via video and seeing Max bond with Poliwag and study with the other kids was cute. I was also glad that Ash and Pikachu practiced mastering Iron Tail here and Team Rocket's Wurmple mecha made me shriek.

JudySpell

Banned
This was a Max episode mostly but it just dragged on too much and Roxanne deserved much better than to share such a bad episode with him. 5/10

Gillachu

Banned
Roxanne was hot lol. I didn't like seeing Max at the school, though. He was already a know-it-all, so he didn't need more schooling...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
So Ash's group was finally in Rustboro city now and I liked seeing Roxanne teaching at the school hee hee. Oak making a cameo was cool as well, plus I liked seeing Max command the school's Poliwag.