• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Good/Bad/WTF? Dex Entries

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
Kabutops: With sharp claws, this ferocious ancient Pokémon rips apart prey and sucks their body fluids.

^^ This.

Nightmare. F*cking. Fuel.

Made me sleep with one eye on my Kabutops at all times <__<;;

SourMilk

"Loose" can also be used in terms of letting go.
Ex. "He let his dog loose." Meaning, he let his dog go. Thus, Combusken can let go 10 kicks per second.

But I think I just posted nearly the same thing weirdamanda did a few posts up.

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
Dusclops' entry says that if anything touches it, that part of its body gets absorbed. Goodbye physical attackers!

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
What about Kangaskhan?
FireRed: The female raises its offspring in a pouch on its belly. It is skilled at attacking using Comet Punch.

The female? Last time I checked, there is no male, so why specify?

R/S: If you come across a young Kangaskhan playing by itself, you must never disturb it or attempt to catch it. The baby Pokémon's parent is sure to be in the area, and it will become violently enraged at you.

But you can't come across its baby...

LeafGreen: The infant rarely ventures out of its mother's protective pouch until it is 3 years old.

So if you have a Kangaskhan and the baby grows up, then what is that thing you can see in its pouch? It must've shed its skin! XD

Aquarelle

Staff member
Lickitung's Silver and Soul Silver entry:

"Its long tongue, slathered with a thick gooey saliva, sticks to anything, so it is very useful."

When I first read this, I thought it meant that its gooey tongue was useful for humans, which I found disgusting.
Now I realize they probably meant that it's useful for Lickitung to use. xD

Still, the image of a tongue covered with gooey, thick saliva is one I'll never get out of my head... >___<

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
^ I knew that, I thought I had gone crazy!

Jynx! LOL wut?

R/B: It seductively wiggles its hips as it walks. It can cause people to dance in unison with it.

Creepy!

Silver: It speaks a language similar to that of humans. However, it seems to use dancing to communicate.

LOL Jynx is a bee...

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Shedinja. When you look into the hole its back it takes your soul. What do you see when you send it out in battle?

Kabutops is just nasy.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
Contradiction!
Fearow:
R/B: With its huge and magnificent wings, it can keep aloft without ever having to land for rest.

BUT: D/P/Pt: It has the stamina to fly all day on its broad wings. It fights using its sharp beak.

So which is it? All day, or forever?

bloodghoul

Porygon2 - DoomDuck!
Contradiction!
Fearow:
R/B: With its huge and magnificent wings, it can keep aloft without ever having to land for rest.

BUT: D/P/Pt: It has the stamina to fly all day on its broad wings. It fights using its sharp beak.

So which is it? All day, or forever?

Ummm both...
All day is apart of forever =)

it would be a contradiction if R/B said It could keep aloft forever
and then D/P/P said It has the stamina to fly all day before it needs to rest.

---
For me it has to be

SHEDINJA
D/P/P - A discarded bug shell that came to life. Peering into the crack on its back is said to steal one's spirit.

Wow! Harsh much??
---

No. 1 Machop Fan

Using "loose" as a verb is perfectly acceptable.

Not when you're meant to use "lose" with one o, like "I could lose my home".

On-Topic: Jolteon's Yellow entry says it charges power every time its mood changes. Encouraging mood swings much?

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
Is this evidence that data already exists in the Pokedex? (at least in the anime)

Ash's Pokedex: Gengar. No information available.

Wait, how the...?

Tydar

Its kicking mastery lets it loose 10 kicks per second.
Its kicking mastery- This is obviously in reference to Combusken and is an acceptable phrase.
lets it- This says the mastery allows it or Combusken as lets and allows are synonymous in this situation, somewhat awkward, but still acceptable.
loose 10 kicks per second- loose does not mean to lose nor should it Combusken isn't forgetting where its punches are. It is is releasing them or shooting them as Sourmilk said. This is also awkward but also acceptable.

Hopefully this clears up the grammatical problems or lack thereof.

However on the actual threads question
Magneton- Three Magnemite are linked by a strong magnetic force
Slowbro- When a Slowpoke went hunting in the sea, its tail was bitten by a Shellder. That made it evolve into Slowbro.
Also- If the tail-biting Shellder is thrown off in a harsh battle, it reverts to being an ordinary Slowpoke.

I love it when in game evolutions have nothing to do with the Pokedex reasons. And with Slowbro- it can devolve- if only it were that simple. . .

Halle

Why would a pokemon willingly share it's potential young with random wounded/starving pokemon, that's like feeding human embryo's to starving people in undeveloped countries.

Seems like the best sollution to the hunger crisis aswell as the overpopulation problems in underdeveloped countries, I think you might be on to something!

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
GetOutOfBox said:
Why would a pokemon willingly share it's potential young with random wounded/starving pokemon, that's like feeding human embryo's to starving people in undeveloped countries.

I always thought that the egg in chansey's pouch is different than a reproductive egg.

Lishus13

Poli-Spriter!
also to be more of a grammar nazi, "loose" refers to how your shoes are tied. "lose" is when you drop something and can't find it

Sorry to be nitpicky, but to "loose" something is to unveil/set free/release, so technically "It can let loose 10,000 kicks" is correct grammar.

Also, that Darumaka thing is seriously o_O.

And according to Cryogonal's Dex entry, it can turn into steam and vanish! (Acid Armor finally makes sense on a Pokemon!)

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
Cofagrigus: It has been said that they swallow those who get to close and turn them into mummies. They like to eat golden nuggets.

Wait, so if you touched it, you would turn into a mummy? And worse of all, they eat your nuggets?!?!?