• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Good/Bad/WTF? Dex Entries

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Grimer were created from the X-rays of the moon.Grimer were created from the X-rays of the moon.I need to make a list on how utterly moronic and non-nonsensical it is,even with the different laws of physics that the Pokemon universe uses

1.Even in fiction,mutations almost never happen with X-rays.Its normally a gamma ray burst,like how the Hulk came about.X-rays are meant to see through stuff.Its like saying having the light on will cause you to get sunburn(which is due to UV rays)
2.The moon DOES NOT work that way.It reflects light.It doesn't emit light.Also,since when does it reflect or emit X-rays?
3.Ignoring the above,let's just say that the moon emits X-rays.If its capable of creating life,it would have the power to screw around with life here!Grimers wouldn't be the only species!

The only way this could be explained is if there are aliens living on the moon,who shot a laser to a specific pile of sludge.Creating Grimer because,well,SCIENCE!

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Blaziken can apparently jump over a 30 story building. At it's weight and stature, the landing from that would kill it.
LOL!!!!!!

Also Haunter's dex entry makes me laugh. "if you feel stared at, alone, in the dark, then it's probably Haunter" That isn't scientific at all -__-

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
It didn't kill Starkiller when made that leap of faith in TFU2, so why should it kill a 6'7" kung-fu chicken?

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
Metagross Sapphire Entry:
"Metagross is the result of two Metang achieving fusion. When hunting, this Pokémon pins the prey to the ground under its massive body. It then eats the helpless victim using the large mouth on its stomach."

This is why I like Metagross so much.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Frillish's Black entry:
"With its thin, veil-like arms wrapped around the body of its opponent, it sinks to the ocean floor."

This is terrifying to someone who has a fear of the deep sea.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
ENTEI.

Volcanoes erupt when it barks. Unable to restrain its extreme power, it races headlong around the land. ----> Entei embodies the passion of magma. It is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all that it touches.

Oh my god, that is fucking scary.

Remmie

ENTEI.

Volcanoes erupt when it barks. Unable to restrain its extreme power, it races headlong around the land. ----> A Pokémon that races across the land. It is said that one is born every time a new volcano appears.

I agree with you.

KanNKeller

Golurk

It flies around the sky at Mach speeds. Removing the seal on its chest makes its internal energy go out of control.

Iron man style, plus it learns fly. Thats a bit odd.

iv'e wanted to contact the nintendo people to tell them that some of their pokedex entries suck, and to give them some of my ideas, but i think all i would get back is a form letter

ENTEI.

Volcanoes erupt when it barks. Unable to restrain its extreme power, it races headlong around the land. ----> Entei embodies the passion of magma. It is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all that it touches.

if that was true, then the entire game would be one huge lava pit. the people who make these really have to think about this stuff

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
when entei barks, a volcano erupts.

entei is born when a volcano erupts.

Entei learns roar at lvl 15

i KNEW Nintendo was filled with pedobears!!!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
According to the Pokedex,Garchomp is capable of flight.It cannot use Fly,or any flying-type moves.It doesn't even have wings.Even Golurk could have a method of flight-rocket boots.Garchomp,however,does not.The same goes for Doduo,especially since its based on a bird that CAN'T fly.Another odd thing is that,apparently,Macgargo has a body temperature of 18,000 F.That's hotter than the surface of the sun.At that point the Pokemon wouldn't be molten,it would be made of vapor

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
Duskull's Black and White Pokedex entry is pretty creepy...

"It loves the cry of children. It startles bad kids by passing through walls and making them cry." o_O

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
Chimchar's pokedex entry begins with:
Its fiery rear end is fueled by gas made in its belly.

Monferno's pokedex entry ends with:
Its fiery tail is but one weapon.

Never take a Monferno to an Indian restaurant.

Ragdolleh

Platinum Entry: "A Magikarp living for many years can leap a mountain using Splash. The move remains useless, though."

Heartgold Entry: "An underpowered, pathetic Pokémon. It may jump high on rare occasions, but never more than seven feet. "

I was about to point out it said that the Magikarp had to live for many years, but then in the second entry it says "never" so it still contradicts itself.