• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Good/Bad/WTF? Dex Entries

MeiChama

Spazztastic Fangirl~
Darumaka from White:

Darumaka's droppings are hot, so people used to put them in their clothes to keep themselves warm.

Yeahhhh, that's just gross. XD;

pikamanepicfail45

<dont dis da awsmnes
Darumaka from White:

Darumaka's droppings are hot, so people used to put them in their clothes to keep themselves warm.

Yeahhhh, that's just gross. XD;

I know, right? My friend caught one and read that. He then decided to nickname it fire poop.

Also Bulbasaur doesn't make sense because he was born with that seed on its back. So is it like, taking energy from itself?

Also, WTF is up is with Wartortle living for 10,000 years and then it dies as soon as it evolves-lol.

Scrafty beats things up that enter its territory.

Last edited:

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
Shedinja from Ruby:

SHEDINJA's hard body doesn't move - not even a twitch. In fact, its body appears to be merely a hollow shell. It is believed that this POKéMON will steal the spirit of anyone peering into its hollow body from its back.

Shedinja from Ruby:

SHEDINJA's hard body doesn't move - not even a twitch. In fact, its body appears to be merely a hollow shell. It is believed that this POKéMON will steal the spirit of anyone peering into its hollow body from its back.

Shedinja is pure evil. I had to deal with it in the Battle "???" - the one where it's just you and 1 pokemon. against types that you chose.

McNugget

The Bassist
Shedinja is supposed to steal ur soul when u look in the hole on it's back but it is clearly visible during a battle.
And how ghastly's FR/LG dex entry involves Indian elephants .......as far as I know there is no India in pokemon and definitely no Indian Elephants.....

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Victreebell: Ths horrifying plant Pokémon attracts prey with aromatic honey, then melts them in its mouth.
It makes other Pokémon melt? :/ what the..

I know this was from way back on page 2, but it stood out to me. This really doesn't strike me as weird. Pitcher plants in the real world already do this and some of the larger ones can digest something as big as a rat. Victreebell is based on those plants so, theoretically, if it's big enough it could easily digest other Pokemon.

More on topic, though:
I've always thought Lickitung's entry in Platinum was weird-
"When it extends its over-six-foot-long tongue, its tail quivers. There is a possibility they are connected."

This just... doesn't seem possible. The tongue is already such a big muscle. If they were connected, it would have to go through all of its body. It just seems highly unlikely.

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
How did this.
FireRed&LeafGreen said:
Making itself invisible, it silently sneaks up to prey. It has the ability to slip through thick walls.
Turn into this.
Platinum said:
Making itself invisible, it silently sneaks up to prey. It has the ability to slip through thick walls.
That scares me<:[.

"Rayquaza lives on the ozone layer" In super smash bros. Brawl, it comes out of a lake to fight you.

Rayquaza can learn Dive, Surf and other water travelling moves.

Also, apparently Metagross folds it's four legs into it's body when it flies. Oh, so Metagross can fly? It dosen't know a single flying type move other than Aerial Ace, but I think that's just because of Metagross' sharp claws. So if Metagross can fly, why not teach it fly, or teach it a move that takes it's feet off the ground?

Autis-misc

Abridger
if i remember correctly,one of eevee's pokedex entries said something about "mixed DNA"... i just dont see possibility in that.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
Magcargo is supposed to be 18,000 degrees farenheit, double the temp of the sun and theoretically hot enough to melt through the ground. Really, the pokemon that is picked up regularly in the anime, basically saying " hey pokedex **** you". (on purpose censored).

Swagmander

Ambipom's SoulSilver entry: "It is very difficult to dodge the consecutive strikes of its two tails."
That has got to be one of the shortest and most vague Pokedex entries I have ever seen. It's almost like they were ashamed of creating it.

uprockingdude

Veteran Breeder
i have always loved the magikarp entries it starts off being factual and then it just plain insults it although it isn't actually the weakest pokemon

R/B
In the distant past, it was somewhat stronger than the horribly weak descendants that exist today.

gold
An underpowered, pathetic Pokémon. It may jump high on rare occasions, but never more than seven feet.

ruby
Magikarp is a pathetic excuse for a Pokémon that is only capable of flopping and splashing. This behavior prompted scientists to undertake research into it.

metagrody6

COMO UN JEFE
Machoke (Yellow): The belt around its waist holds back its energy. Without it, this Pokémon would be unstoppable.

What?

I think theres another reason