• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Good, but not perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingferret53

A duel well fought..
I have been playing around on pokemon showdown for awhile and decided to try this team out.

Luna (Clefable) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Wish
- Heal Bell

The star of the team really. Magic Guard protects against life orb damage, SR, weather damage, ect. Moonblast is pretty standard STAB and almost always OHKO against dragons and the like. Fire Blast takes care of steel types and especially ferrothorn. I have to go with Wish due to the lack of soft boil. Heal Bell takes care of status on Luna and the rest of the team. I wish I could make Luna more useful and more offensive.

Dryer (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Pretty standard wall. Pain split recovers HP, will-o-wisp takes down physicals and helps with those that keep recovering HP to stall. Hydro pump is STAB and takes care of fire types while VT is also STAB and allows a switch.

Royal (Serperior) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 66 Def / 252 SpA / 190 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Dragon Pulse

This thing is just a wee bit OP. I try to Leaf Storm asap to boost my special and then proceed to sweep. Royal has taken whole halves of teams before on his own. Giga Drain recovers HP, Hidden Power Rock takes out Talonflame (hate that turkey) and others. Dragon Pulse is very useful against mega-evolved dragons.

Sharp Tooth (Sharpedo) (F) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

Protect off the bat. If they switch and protect doesn't go off, even better. Then I'll get two speed boosts off. Waterfall is STAB, Crunch is too (and it gets the mega ability boost), and ice fang takes care of grass types that may try to take him out.

Manny (Mamoswine) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Endeavor

This thing. This thing is beast if used correctly. Almost always the lead. Use SR to begin, then endeavor. Hopefully, they'll actually attack the second turn but not the first. If they do, and I get taken to the sash, I follow up with an Ice Shard to take them out. I've taken out two or three pokemon one after the other using this thing before people catch on.

Ligah (Arcanine) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Morning Sun
- Roar
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed

Replaced my gengar. I really don't know what else to use for the sixth. Hasn't seen too much action either. Morning Sun for recovery, roar to chase away those that try to sweep, flare blitz for STAB and ES for priority.

So yeah, any help would be wonderful, because I'm at a bit of a loss. lol

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
I have been playing around on pokemon showdown for awhile and decided to try this team out.

Luna (Clefable) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Wish
- Heal Bell

The star of the team really. Magic Guard protects against life orb damage, SR, weather damage, ect. Moonblast is pretty standard STAB and almost always OHKO against dragons and the like. Fire Blast takes care of steel types and especially ferrothorn. I have to go with Wish due to the lack of soft boil. Heal Bell takes care of status on Luna and the rest of the team. I wish I could make Luna more useful and more offensive.

Dryer (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Pretty standard wall. Pain split recovers HP, will-o-wisp takes down physicals and helps with those that keep recovering HP to stall. Hydro pump is STAB and takes care of fire types while VT is also STAB and allows a switch.

Royal (Serperior) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 66 Def / 252 SpA / 190 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Dragon Pulse

This thing is just a wee bit OP. I try to Leaf Storm asap to boost my special and then proceed to sweep. Royal has taken whole halves of teams before on his own. Giga Drain recovers HP, Hidden Power Rock takes out Talonflame (hate that turkey) and others. Dragon Pulse is very useful against mega-evolved dragons.

Sharp Tooth (Sharpedo) (F) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

Protect off the bat. If they switch and protect doesn't go off, even better. Then I'll get two speed boosts off. Waterfall is STAB, Crunch is too (and it gets the mega ability boost), and ice fang takes care of grass types that may try to take him out.

Manny (Mamoswine) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Endeavor

This thing. This thing is beast if used correctly. Almost always the lead. Use SR to begin, then endeavor. Hopefully, they'll actually attack the second turn but not the first. If they do, and I get taken to the sash, I follow up with an Ice Shard to take them out. I've taken out two or three pokemon one after the other using this thing before people catch on.

Ligah (Arcanine) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Morning Sun
- Roar
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed

Replaced my gengar. I really don't know what else to use for the sixth. Hasn't seen too much action either. Morning Sun for recovery, roar to chase away those that try to sweep, flare blitz for STAB and ES for priority.

So yeah, any help would be wonderful, because I'm at a bit of a loss. lol
If you're playing on sim just put Soft-boiled on Clefable. You're running Magic Guard so it's legal.

Rotom-W should run 8 Speed for Adamant Crawdaunt. 8 SpD isn't super important.

I think the set listed here is probably better for Sharpedo.

Anything those EVs on Serperior lets you live or are you just slapping random EVs on it? Just run max Speed for other Serperior (you might get hit with Glare or Knock Off) and Base 110s like Latios. If you're running HP Rock you might as well run a Flying resist berry so you can kill Talonflame trying to revenge (don't expect it to always switch in), as Serperior shouldn't be running Assault Vest anyway. Otherwise use Leftovers or a Meadow Plate.

Sash Mamo should run Oblivious to stop Taunters.

Dump Arcanine, it's pretty trash and you don't need a wall when you're running a offensive team. Rotom-W is sufficient for eating hits.

kingferret53

A duel well fought..
If you're playing on sim just put Soft-boiled on Clefable. You're running Magic Guard so it's legal.

Rotom-W should run 8 Speed for Adamant Crawdaunt. 8 SpD isn't super important.

I think the set listed here is probably better for Sharpedo.

Anything those EVs on Serperior lets you live or are you just slapping random EVs on it? Just run max Speed for other Serperior (you might get hit with Glare or Knock Off) and Base 110s like Latios. If you're running HP Rock you might as well run a Flying resist berry so you can kill Talonflame trying to revenge (don't expect it to always switch in), as Serperior shouldn't be running Assault Vest anyway. Otherwise use Leftovers or a Meadow Plate.

Sash Mamo should run Oblivious to stop Taunters.

Dump Arcanine, it's pretty trash and you don't need a wall when you're running a offensive team. Rotom-W is sufficient for eating hits.

I use the SIM to build teams and try to fine tune them of actual breeding and online play. Better to build and fine tune on a SIM then try and breed and re-breed pokemon. So, unfortunately, even though I do run soft-boiled on one of my clefables on showdown, I cannot in the actual game.

I haven't face any crawdaunt but I will change the EV's. That does make sense, after all.

I tried the recommended set for sharpedo and it just doesn't work for me. lol, no idea why not.

Just slapping random EV's on it. lol, joking. Nah, those believe it or not, allow me to live a brave bird from Talonflame. I'll try the recommendation and see how it works. After all, nothing adventured, nothing gained.

I have no idea why I didn't think of oblivious before. Doi.

I've got no idea what to replace arcanine with though. lol

Eaglehawk

Banned
I use the SIM to build teams and try to fine tune them of actual breeding and online play. Better to build and fine tune on a SIM then try and breed and re-breed pokemon. So, unfortunately, even though I do run soft-boiled on one of my clefables on showdown, I cannot in the actual game.

I haven't face any crawdaunt but I will change the EV's. That does make sense, after all.

I tried the recommended set for sharpedo and it just doesn't work for me. lol, no idea why not.

Just slapping random EV's on it. lol, joking. Nah, those believe it or not, allow me to live a brave bird from Talonflame. I'll try the recommendation and see how it works. After all, nothing adventured, nothing gained.

I have no idea why I didn't think of oblivious before. Doi.

I've got no idea what to replace arcanine with though. lol

If that's the case, you should just post your team in the in-game team thread since you're ultimately limited by you game cartridge.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
If that's the case, you should just post your team in the in-game team thread since you're ultimately limited by you game cartridge.

That place is dead and is no help at all.

You can keep using Clefable on cart by using Moonlight. Way less PP so a PP Max is almost mandatory and even with it, it won't be nearly as effective as softboiled.

Swap out Arcanine for Excadrill

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

This set provides you with a fast offensive check to things like Adamant Char X, non Rock Polish Diancie, non Agility Megagross (?) while providing Rapid Spin support to keep Mamoswine's sash up while not clearing out your own rocks from the enemy. This also checks some Talonflame sets, allowing you to use a stronger Life Orb / Miracle Seed set with full speed and sp atk, especially since you probably wont have hp rock in game. It also synergyzes decently with Clefable and can handle many of the things that karx's hydro pump sharpedo does, allowing you to keep waterfall instead

damn but that hydro pump sharpedo set really good tho

Status
Not open for further replies.