• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Good News Everyone!

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
The new season of Futurama starts June 24, 2010 at 10:00 PM. That Other Wiki said so.

I'm thrilled. In the words of our favourite Homicidal Robot "WE'RE BACK BABY!"

AstralEon

The one and only.
Eh, I didn't pay attention much to Futurama. Nor did I know that it went off air.

But I do like watching it. It's one of the shows I watch when there's nothing else to watch. It beats Simpson in my opinion.

So wahoo, I guess.

BCVM22

Mmm hold on there. The Newsday article that the Wikipedia article provides as its source for this information says no such thing. June 24 is also a Thursday; it's not impossible that they'd do a premiere on a random weeknight, but it is strange and a bit on the unlikely side.

Unless the Newsday article has an amendment that I can't see because you need to log in to read the rest of the article - also not at all impossible - I wouldn't mark your calendars just yet. Your other clue once we know for sure will be that other news sources will have the premiere date when we know it.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
The second I saw the thread title, I knew this to be a Futurama thread. There isn't a single bad episode of that show.

Also, here it says that new episodes will be out in June anyway, so there might be a little validity to the argument. I would say though that it would be at 10:30 on Wednesday, if they want to ride the South Park fame train.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/tag/countdown-to-futurama/

50 days left. Still 50 days. If you can't wait anymore or you already burried yourself in an avalanche to awake at the 24th of June, well bad news for you, it's still not going to solve the problem.

And even the crew around Futurama is aware of that. That's why they started a 50-day countdown to Futurama.

With stills, storyboards, videos and other never-before-seen junk from the new episodes they try to help us to make the waiting a bit easier.

And here it is, the first still:

[spoil]
601-Crew-Skeletons.jpg
[/spoil]

This is a picture from the first episode, called "Rebirth". Stay tuned for more POSTS OF INTEREST!

Is that some Scruffy in that still. AWESOME SCRUFFY IS COMING BACK.

Anyway, this, I can safely say, is, with the exception of South Park or Ugly Americans, is the series premiere I've been anticipating the most of any in Comedy Central history. The new episodes of Futurama, I sincerely hope, will be amazing. (Isn't it impossible that NONE of them will be good?)

Last edited:

Dattebayo

Banned
I'm so excited for the new season now. It's been a long time since I've seen reruns of the show at Adult Swim before my mom forbid me to watch it anymore because it was aired on Adult Swim and I wasn't an adult back then.

CONKERSBADFURDAY

Drunken Squirrel
**** RIGHT! News like this gives me a boner :3

Futurama is hands down, the best American animated cartoon. It tops Family Guy and South Park. Sorry guys :V You lost

I'M SO HAPPY ^___________^

abraxas

Words.
I was pretty stoked the other day when HypnoToad came on the tv screen, the teaser ad for the new season. I heard for so long it was in talks, but haven't heard any more about it in a long while. I hope it gets to have a nice run, and doesn't fall off and get the boot again. =(

Penguinist Trainer

Hip hip hooray.... I wish they kept this going longer than the simpsons. i won't get to see it until it comes out on dvd, so hopefully it'll be a good season. i liked that pic that was posted.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
The thing about the still is that there is one person missing.

Phillip. J. Fry.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
The thing about the still is that there is one person missing.

Phillip. J. Fry.

And the Professor. And Nibbler.

Anyway, here's a sketch from Matt Groening:
[spoil]
601-Birthing-Device.jpg

Today's exclusive look at the new season of Futurama is a sketch by Matt Groening. It's a prop design from the first episode "Rebirth" and is listed as a "Birthing Device," which is weird, because that's exactly what a birthing device looks like now. I guess not everything is going to be wildly different in a thousand years.
[/spoil]

Last edited:
SIE: Spoiler tags, please. Giant image + nightmare fuel = ****ing DO NOT WANT.

And the Professor. And Nibbler.

Anyway, here's a sketch from Matt Groening:
[spoil]
601-Birthing-Device.jpg

[/spoil]

What the... woah. So is Fry going to operate it, then? Or the Professor? Or even our favorite bottomless stomach? Since, you know...

*shrug*

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
[spoil]
Andy Warhol famously said, "In the future, everyone will be famous for fifteen minutes and there will be a robot version of Leela." Well, from the looks of this piece of art from the upcoming season premiere of Futurama, he was at least half right.
51b000601leelarobot.jpg
[/spoil]

Oh god what.