• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Good 'Quil Hunting! (143)

RickHoenn

Banned
Good Ol' Lil Cynda! one of my favorite Pokemon! :D Ash finally caught it and teach the unkind dude a lesson, what a ***** he was. >=D

10/10

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I think some people were wrong about the fact that all of Ash's fire Pokemon were abused because this Cyndaquil came out of no where. Plus, even though Koji was annoying(like some many other rivals at first), he should have been Ash's rival for Johto instead of Gary. (sighs) There were so many things that they could have done to make Johto better than it was.

Vernikova

Champion
This was a great episode I think. I liked the small rivalry Ash had with that kid for Cyndaquil and I wished we could've seen more of him. Cyndaquil was really impressive in its battle against Sandslash too.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was great. Finally saw my Favorite starter Cyndaquill in an episode! I'm glad Cyndaquill was caught by Ash and even though its flame wasn't really working fast yet, was still able to defeat Sandslash. That other trainer was a jerk!

71/100

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
After seeing this episode again, Team Rocket are insane and very violent at times. I mean really. Koji is cute! Plus, I thought Ash was going to die with Cyndaquil in that situation.

10/10

Last edited:

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
It was fun watching this episode after such a long time. I still find the scene where Ash uses his Pokeball to save Cyndaquil awesome.

TheEpicGoomba

I liked tis episode alot though I didn't like the way a bad trainer was involved. All the fire type starters Ash has had has involved a bad trainer.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
It's Slowking!
This was an alright episode. I like how Ash just took the Cyndaquil after that other guy's Sandslash tried to attack it. Ash was being childish when he accepted the guy's challenge. He clearly wasn't using his brain when he risked losing a Pokémon that was already his. And then also used an untrained Pokémon. I think that for those two mistakes alone he deserved to lose. But at least he actually battled to get a Pokémon this time... sort of.

7threst

This episode proven to be very good in suspense and synopsis. The character of the day - who had good resemblances of a minor antagonistic person, made this episode just the more interesting and competitive. It made you feel cheering for Ash and being satisfied when Ash captured Cyndaquil at the end of the episode. I think Cyndaquil was like the underdog of Ash's party during Johto and in some way, it maybe was good to change Charizard for a newer Pokémon.

Also, [SPOIL] According to Bulbapedia, it took 507 episodes for Cyndaquil evolve to Quilava, just slightly under a decade [/SPOIL]

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
This episode proven to be very good in suspense and synopsis. The character of the day - who had good resemblances of a minor antagonistic person, made this episode just the more interesting and competitive. It made you feel cheering for Ash and being satisfied when Ash captured Cyndaquil at the end of the episode. I think Cyndaquil was like the underdog of Ash's party during Johto and in some way, it maybe was good to change Charizard for a newer Pokémon.

Also, [SPOIL] According to Bulbapedia, it took 507 episodes for Cyndaquil evolve to Quilava, just slightly under a decade [/SPOIL]

Exactly. This is why I liked some of Johto's battle episodes more than Kanto's. Real trainers and real interesting battles.

Episodes like these make me really annoyed of Team Rocket. It was funny how they left Brock and Misty realizing that Ash and Pikachu weren't with them. But, yay. Ash got a Cyndaquil.

zhixun

Hinoarashi's performance certainly at a top draw as he defeated Sandpan. Good to see that it did not follow Yuji at the end. Probably he will going to abuse Hinoarashi because he used the net and tried for force it to follow him. Which somehow makes Yuji nothing more different than Rocket Dan by the way he catches it.

Why was the COTD in this episode talking like the Cyndaquil was the only one, when he was the one who said there's supposed to be wild Cyndaquil roaming the forest, indicating there's more than just the one him and Ash were after?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I really liked Team Rocket's flashbacks to their previous jobs here; seeing Jessie work at a fast food place and eat a burger made me cackle. Anyway, Team Rocket's giant Meowth mecha was actually pretty competent, and seeing Ash's Cyndaquil battle that guy's Sandslash at the end of the episode was pretty cool.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
With Ash using Cyndaquil against some guy's (the guy that competed with Ash for the Cyndaquil) Sandslash, there was an obvious type disadvantage but very unexpectedly (for me), defeated the Sandslash.

Creyk

The team rocket flashback scenes were so touching in this episode. Also Ash competing with the other trainer was a great episode idea, it made me cheer for ash and I was happy when he succeeded

Gillachu

Banned
Cyndaquil was awesome here and TR's gum throwing mecha was epic lol. I kind of liked the jerk Sandslash dude, though.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Cyndaquil was so cute so I was pleased that Ash caught one here and defeated that Sandslash trainer as well. I liked the Meowth mecha that Team Rocket used here too especially how it fired bubblegum. :D