• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Good quotes from Pokémon?

PKMN TRAINER Oliver

ポケットモンスタ一
Good quotes from Pokémon?

What good quotes can you think of from the animé/games. I remember a biker in Kanto saying "You only live once" ( using YOLO before it was even cool)!

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
"Magikarp! Magikurp! *splashes in puddle*" - Random 3 year old girl from the Anime

Shadow Caster

Plasma Executive
I'll just go ahead and quote one of the most famous quotes, from Karen of the Elite Four:

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best. I like your style. You understand what's important. Go on—the Champion is waiting." - Karen

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
It's in my sig! First sentence by Cynthia the Sinnoh champion *-*

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I'll just go ahead and quote one of the most famous quotes, from Karen of the Elite Four:

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best. I like your style. You understand what's important. Go on—the Champion is waiting." - Karen

What if I don't want to use my favorites?

Inb4 Youngter Joey everything.

Estellise

peachy
"*insert name here*! You said you have a dream… That dream… Make it come true! Wonderful dreams and ideals give you the power to change the world!" - N

Yea... N had a lot of good quotes, but I like this one the most...

Oh, and of course: "I like shorts! They're comfy, and easy to wear."

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
"Hiya! I'm a Pokemon!" Bill in the games

Acdog

"Look, both of us have the same goal of winning the Sinnoh League someday, right? ...And of course we also wanna beat the Sinnoh League Champion, Cynthia, too. After you battled Cynthia, you told me to do whatever I want, to battle my own way, and you told me that's what you were gonna do too! Yeah, well, ever since that time I've been thinking more and more about what it really means to be strong. That means believing in the strength of my friends, and that's because I trust and love 'em! That's why I'm working so hard to make my Pokemon as strong as they can be...the way I know how. We both have the same goals, but the way we get 'em couldn't be more different!" -Ash to Paul

That quote is Ash in a nutshell. When it comes down to it, working and bonding with his Pokemon is more important than winning competitively. That quote is one of the only reasons that keeps me okay with Ash's character and not being awesome at battles now.

Shadow Caster

Plasma Executive
Alder had a good quote as well.

"N, even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought."- Alder after N and Ghetsis' defeat.

This quote really mad me respect Alder as a character. I feel as a battler though, they could have made his team a little better.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Clay: "There's always room for folks to grow and change, ain't there? And, if ya only go after what ya think is right, ya might end up rejectin' all thoughts and opinions other than yer own. That's mighty dangerous."

Alder: "N, even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought."

Gorm (although this one is actually a Confucius quote): "If you make a mistake and do not correct it, that is a second mistake."

EonDragonFTW

"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It's what one does with the gift of life that determines who you are."
-Mewtwo

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
"...The places we are born. The time we spend living... The languages we speak... We are all different. But the presence of Pokémon unites us. We share our lives with our Pokémon and our happiness grows as we all become greater than we were alone. That is why we can battle and trade with anyone we choose... Since there is sadness, we can feel joy. When there is anger, compassion is born..."

- Cynthia, after Cyrus' defeat in the Distortion World. It's my favorite quote of hers.

Marco The Phoenix

Y Yes, I Watch Anime
"There are bad ways to win- & there are good ways to lose. What's interesting & troubling is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..." ~Grimsley

*~Silver*~

"I pitted them against each other, but not until they set aside there differences did I see the true power they all share deep inside. I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, but what you choose to do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

"You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true! Make that wonderful dream a reality, and it will become your truth! If anyone can, it's you!" - N

"A Caterpie may change into a Butterfree, but the heart that beats inside remains the same." - Brock

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
That one biker on the cycling road in Hoenn.

"Oh, hey, you got that bike from rydel! Oh, it's glaringly obvious. It says right on your bike...
RYDEL, RYDEL, RYDEL, RYDEL, RYDEL, (continue for like, 40 more times)
That name's everywhere."

Acdog

"............ ............ ............ ..............
............ ............ ............ ............"
-Red

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
I am serious! And don't call me Shirley!
-Elesa, to Skyla.

I don't take the gym leaders very seriously as legitimate characters, so when in a flashback in White 2, in which she starts telling stupid jokes in an effort to seem more loose and accommodating, it made me think of her more as a character.

I mean, in Black version, I couldn't have imagined her saying that.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo