• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Good Rotomorning, I am the Rotomdex, Roto! (946)

Soniman

Break the Limit
Unlike the Pokedex which is silent after scanning a Pokemon, Rotomdex will never be "off" and will always be following Ash around, so I'd say you better start getting used to him now because we're stuck with him for at least three years lol.

Janovy

Banned
Unlike the Pokedex which is silent after scanning a Pokemon, Rotomdex will never be "off" and will always be following Ash around, so I'd say you better start getting used to him now because we're stuck with him for at least three years lol.
Don't frighten me like that, please.

I love Rotom as a Pokemon, it is amazing. But this Pokedex thing...ugh. Maybe I'll get used to it.

DatsRight

I wish that Inkay and Gourgeist got a better ending

They at least got to leave happily, not blasted off like the DP squad or sent to Giovanni like the BW squad. Hell, Gourgeist's last work for Jessie was the public triplokalon, so she left on a real high. I would like to see TR's reserves again at some point though, even if just a little cameo like Ash's had at the end of BW.

While Mimikyu is cool, I will admit I thought it was a shame they didn't stick with Jessie and James having only Meowth and Wobbuffet as their battlers for a little longer. We know they can be half way competent when forced to.

One minor thing, I love the BGM that plays when Rotom first activates. I haven't played the games yet, is that a track from them?

DotKU

Champion
I was thinking Rotom's heavy screentime was mainly to establish it, so I hope it starts to settle down from here on out.

Zach8920

I absolutely love the Mimikyu at least from a first-time viewpoint. That pokemon looks evil, SOUNDS, evil and it MOST OF ALL IS ****ING MALICIOUS.

I think i'll add that to my signature if I can, just gotta learn how.

johno1995

I'm assuming Rotom causing trouble by pulling Pikachu's tail will be a recurring gag. The only good I see coming from it at this point XD Poor Ash

Other than that, Rotom's annoying. I'm curious if and when TR will formally catch Bewear; Mimikyu had a great debut.

Xuxuba

I wish Mimikyu was nice and Rotom was a trickster like their in-game counterpart bc they were more likeable.
IMO, Mimikyu is supposed to be a nice cute pokemon but extremely misunderstood and sad, while Rotom should be playful, teasing Ash whenever he can, instead of just acting like a generic pokedex who can say a few other things besides a pokemon's entry.

Last edited:

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
I'm assuming Rotom causing trouble by pulling Pikachu's tail will be a recurring gag. The only good I see coming from it at this point XD Poor Ash

Other than that, Rotom's annoying. I'm curious if and when TR will formally catch Bewear; Mimikyu had a great debut.

I'm also starting to like that gag, RotomDex sounds hilarious when hurt or paincking xD

I'd just be fine with Ash finding an off switch and turning it off for a few episodes. And TR better catch that Bewear, I'm starting to get kinda annoyed at the 'Bewear will carry TR off which is as annoying as a curbstomp battle' gag...

Janovy

Banned
I vastly prefer the 'Bewear taking TR away' gag over the old 'blasting off again' gag.

DatsRight

I can see Bewear spending the whole series forcing them back into it's cave against their will getting just as monotonous though. Like, after a while you'd think they'd try to attack or capture it. It's only two episodes so far though.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I want Team Rocket to blast off because I strongly believe that gag suits them excellently.

Janovy

Banned
I can see Bewear spending the whole series forcing them back into it's cave against their will getting just as monotonous though. Like, after a while you'd think they'd try to attack or capture it. It's only two episodes so far though.
I believe they will capture it once the plot moves away from Melemele. For now, this will be the running gag, and I'm perfectly okay with it.

Janovy

Banned
I'll admit, I like the rotomdex, hopefully it doesn't become extremely annoying in future episodes. I'd love to see a trainer appear with a rotomdex of their own in the future, just to see how rotomdex reacts to someone else explaining info about Pokémon.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Rotomdex is just as interloable as Samson. Please never have these two on screen at the same time again...Honestly though, I probably would've been almost fine with it if it didn't have to go "No! Let me do it! Let me do it!" every single time someone tried to explain something.

Aside from that though, the episode was actually pretty good. I like that Team Rocket at least didn't purposefully follow Ash this time at least. And I hope the Bewear thing replaces the blasting off thing as it's one of the only gags in this saga so far that's actually funny and the blasting off was never entertaining to me, even before it had happened a hundred times. And Mimikyu was great and actually seems like a Pokemon that could actually make them more competent...hopefully.

Also really loved the inclusion of luxury balls. I wish Ash would've acknowledged that he already knew how to catch a Pokemon still infinitely better than him just outright forgetting it though.

Easily the best episode of SM yet. 7/10

I noticed that, too. It almost makes me wonder if the writers were giving the dubbers the proverbial middle finger for all those years of edits.

Should probably learn the ones responsible for that already lost the liscense then lol.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Wow, Rotomdex is annoying as hell. I hope it dials things down a bit in future..

Mimikyu and TR saved this episode for me.. and I love that Bewear kidnapped them. I fully expect James to aquire a Stufful at some point,.