• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Good Rotomorning, I am the Rotomdex, Roto! (946)

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Rotomdex is just as interloable as Samson. Please never have these two on screen at the same time again...Honestly though, I probably would've been almost fine with it if it didn't have to go "No! Let me do it! Let me do it!" every single time someone tried to explain something.

I thought the exchange between Rotomdex and Samson Oak was hilarious, particularly because of the students' reactions, but I can see that as something that will get really old really quickly. Hopefully, those types of exchanges are limited, so the gag doesn't get too old.

I wish Ash would've acknowledged that he already knew how to catch a Pokemon still infinitely better than him just outright forgetting it though.

I guess Rotomdex hasn't pushed Ash's buttons yet; he still thinks a talking Pokédex is the coolest thing ever. Maybe if Rotomdex keeps pointing out things Ash already knows, Ash might eventually snap. :p

But TPCI still operates the dub. It was simply airing on CN, who lost the license (or probably wanted to).

I think XY Rules was referring to 4Kids Entertainment, not to Cartoon Network or TPCi.

NettFox

I want Team Rocket to blast off because I strongly believe that gag suits them excellently.

Totes. They're Team ROCKET... What else except Blast Off. Though variety to go with it is great too.
Personally I wonder if Mimikyu's curse will occasionally be reoccurring since that dream of Meowth's was SO rich. Would love to see more moments like that from him or others.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Does anybody think Rowlet's kick move could be Fury Attack??

Jason3b93

Sorry, I've post something on the wrong tread. My bad.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I actually enjoy Rotomdex honestly lol

Same here. It was annoying in this episode and in episode 4 (its tendency to interrupt people to show off its Pokémon knowledge has the potential to get pretty obnoxious), but it wasn't so bad in episode 5. As long as the writers keep the Exposition Interruptus moments at a balanced level, Rotomdex has the potential to be a hilarious character.

Same here. It was annoying in this episode and in episode 4 (its tendency to interrupt people to show off its Pokémon knowledge has the potential to get pretty obnoxious), but it wasn't so bad in episode 5. As long as the writers keep the Exposition Interruptus moments at a balanced level, Rotomdex has the potential to be a hilarious character.

The interruptions are the only annoying bit for me. The rest is hilarious.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
i'm pretty sure even the characters themselves know that rotomdex is annoying sometimes (like when ash and mallow yelled at it for commenting on their fishing skills). nonetheless, i think it's gonna be a hilarious character (i actually wasn't too annoyed by its interruptions). plus i love its voice

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
i'm pretty sure even the characters themselves know that rotomdex is annoying sometimes (like when ash and mallow yelled at it for commenting on their fishing skills). nonetheless, i think it's gonna be a hilarious character (i actually wasn't too annoyed by its interruptions).

Yeah I love that the characters themselves find it annoying.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Yeah, I think Rotomdex is purposely meant to be annoying in universe and to the audience but also a funny/smart character. Like it's that annoying know it all that follows the rules exactly but once it finds something extraordinary and unorthodox, it'll go into "do not compute" mode and calm itself by updating its information. Rotomdex is a self perceived perfectionist. It's proud of knowing all things Pokémon and refuses to make mistakes. Rotomdex's freak outs are hilarious and it has been shown to be outsmarted by a few people like Ash (having Pikachu jump on Romotdex when he told it not to move, his unorthodox ways of capture, proving it wrong with believing that Popplio can make a bigger bubble if it did its best, etc.)

I like Rotomdex, I think it's an important character in the group and can add some laughs. All I want is to be shown it can protect itself since it keeps reminding everyone that it is still a Pokémon. Despite it's annoying habits of interrupting someone or reminding them of their mistake, it's valued by everyone.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition

Spawn of PokeDex X Siri

Pros:

* Mimikyu seems it might be a less of TR future fodder...hopefully

Cons:

(None)

Thoughts:

* So Rotom Dex is essentially another character

* Hopefully Rotom Dex doesn't keep talking this much...

* Definitely a more slower pacing to this series so far

Decent episode, more series-building.

4/10

Last ten episodes: 8/8

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
This episode felt kind of fillerish to me. Nothing much happened plot-wise other than getting Rotom-dex and the start of Ash trying to catch a Pokemon.

I'll jump on the minority boat and say I really like Rotom-dex so far. Friendly and energetic, but at the same time vain and proud.

We already knew Mimikyu is creepy. This episode just confirms it more.

Besides Mallow, I forgot that the other trial captains were tagging along with Ash even though they were right in front of my eyes. Not good. Oh, and Lillie.

Remix2

Kind of a meh episode really, beside rotomdex debut not much happened and it didn't help that the pacing in this made it drag.

Honestly I didn't find rotomdex too bad except for him interrupting people that could be a problem. Also anime minikyu is great.

Ominous Wind

Hey, Rotom is voiced by Namikawa Daisuke! I already like the little guy. It learns alongside Ash.

I wasn't expecting the Mimikyu rivalry with Pikachu. It's strong as well, so it's not one-sided. Or maybe it's the usual thing where Pikachu is relatively weak at the start of a new region.

Anyway, a 7.5/10 episode.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I suppose a Rotom is a natural next step for a pokedex when thinking of its beginnings but I still like Gen 1 Dexter better though.

Team Rocket appears, whew I was getting a little worried for bit there. Even without most of their pokemon, they are still a little dangerous this early in the adventure. A giant contrast from Team skull.

I think the fake Pikachu (not its real name) seems kind of cool.
Pretty good episode!