• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Good team to rate (again) for all that love to criticize

Well, after a few bits of advice from others, this is my revised team. There is no way I'll be able to change anyone's natures, and add moves through breeding. I've also included some explanations on moveset so people can see why I chose these moves.

Groudon, Impish - Brick Break, Earthquake, Overheat, Bulk-up
Brick Break for Ice types, Earthquake for STAB, bulk up to boost the stats, and Overheat for grass types (and gains 50% boost from ability)

Tyranitar, Hardy - Aerial Ace, Rock Slide, Crunch, Earthquake
Aerial Ace, Earthquake and Rock Slide take care of all it's weaknesses exept for water and ground, Rock Slide and Crunch gain Stab. Crunch is also for Starmie who can decimate my overall team.

Salamence, Jolly - Fly, Rock Slide, Dragon Claw, Earthquake
These are all strong and straight forward moves, and have a potential for maximum type coverage. Rock Slide destroys Ice types that threaten to KO salamence in one hit.

Metagross, Hardy - ThunderPunch, Shadow Ball, Meteor Mash, Earthquake
Thunder Punch is used to hit annoying Water types and Skarmory that are resistent to Metagross's physical sweeping abilites, and Earthquake is used against fire types.

Latias, gentle - Mist Ball, ThunderBolt, Ice Beam, Calm Mind

Latios, Naive - Dragon Claw, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam

These two are my most prized ones. The two Eon birds are both bolt-beamers, and have bad natures. This is remidied by EV training. The two max out Sp. Defense, and even Walrein have a hard time getting past the two. Latias, with 372 sp. defense, has calm mind to help it's sweeping abilities. Latios already has extremly high sp. attack, at 345 ,and is a simple sweeper.

Please rate each one if possible, and list pokemon that you think will easily sweep my team, and include their movesets and why. Thanks for your help.

B

Blaziken05

Eontios said:
Well, after a few bits of advice from others, this is my revised team. There is no way I'll be able to change anyone's natures, and add moves through breeding. I've also included some explanations on moveset so people can see why I chose these moves.

Groudon, Impish - Rock Slide, Earthquake, Overheat, Swords Dance
Brick Break for Ice types, Earthquake for STAB, bulk up to boost the stats, and Overheat for grass types (and gains 50% boost from ability)

Rock Slide hurts more of the common types than BB, Swords Dance lets you increase attack more quickly.

Tyranitar, Hardy - umm...Curse, Dragon Dance are both good, but breeding. Bolt, I guess..., Rock Slide, Crunch, Earthquake
Aerial Ace, Earthquake and Rock Slide take care of all it's weaknesses exept for water and ground, Rock Slide and Crunch gain Stab. Crunch is also for Starmie who can decimate my overall team.

You don't even need Crunch to beat Starmie, but Taunt is pointless ingame

Salamence, Jolly - Aerial Ace, Rock Slide, Brick Break/Fire Blast, Earthquake
These are all strong and straight forward moves, and have a potential for maximum type coverage. Rock Slide destroys Ice types that threaten to KO salamence in one hit.

Aerial Ace>Fly, and give it a Choice Band.

Metagross, Hardy - Explosion/Agility/Sludge Bomb, Shadow Ball, Meteor Mash, Earthquake
Thunder Punch is used to hit annoying Water types and Skarmory that are resistent to Metagross's physical sweeping abilites, and Earthquake is used against fire types.

You already have the Lati's to beat Waters.

Latias, gentle - Psychic, ThunderBolt, Ice Beam, Calm Mind
Meh...

Latios, Naive - Dragon Claw, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam
Too redundant, but if you want to keep it, fine. You want recover and safeguard though. Plus CM if you can get another TM

These two are my most prized ones. The two Eon birds are both bolt-beamers, and have bad natures. This is remidied by EV training. The two max out Sp. Defense, and even Walrein have a hard time getting past the two. Latias, with 372 sp. defense, has calm mind to help it's sweeping abilities. Latios already has extremly high sp. attack, at 345 ,and is a simple sweeper.

Please rate each one if possible, and list pokemon that you think will easily sweep my team, and include their movesets and why. Thanks for your help.
10 char limit

Kveran

Pinin' for the fjord
Please, please, please don't put Fire Blast on your Salamence. If you need a Fire move, Flamethrower is a better option because of accuracy.

My issue with your team would be the redundancy of moves. Half your team has Earthquake and Rock Slide. In addition, over half of your team is weak to water, half of it is weak to Dark, and everything but Metagross can be destroyed by a well-placed Ice Beam or two. At this point, a lot of Pokemon carry Crunch in-game, so your Dark weakness is the one that will get you in the most trouble. I would switch out one of the Lati_s, honestly; there's no point in having both of them. You seem pretty heavy on the offense so I would swap out Latias, who is more defensive. Since you have such an Ice and Dark weakness I would put a Fighting type on your team- Hariyama comes to mind.

Different take on some sets:

Latios:
Dragon Claw/Ice Beam (Dragon Claw gains STAB, but Ice Beam is more useful)
Psychic
Recover
Calm Mind (if you chose Ice Beam); Thunderbolt

Salamence
Aerial Ace (unless you're using the HM pretty frequently. I don't mind Fly in-game.)
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Rock Slide

(Dragon Dance would really, really help your Salamence in place of Rock Slide. So would an Adamant nature. I know what you've gone through raising this Salamence and how annoying it would be to breed again, because I've done that with several Pokemon and had to retrain up past level 70. But if you want to be competitive, especially in the Frontier, you want Dragon Dance.)

Metagross
Sludge Bomb
Meteor Mash
Shadow Ball
Curse

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
this team isn't good enough to be posted three times