• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GOOD type combinations for the 5th gen

PDL

disenchanted
I'm getting kinda annoyed that everything that's being suggested is being given levitate as an ability.

It's a good ability, but other abilites are good as well.

I also want to see a pure steel type with Mold Breaker, a ball & chain pokemon to be precise (like the snowpeak mini-boss in Twilight Princess.)

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
poison/dark with levitate.
shedninja with new evolution, dark/ghost instead of ghost/bug(still got wonderguard)
something that probably makes no sense: grass/steel with flash fire

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
I'm getting kinda annoyed that everything that's being suggested is being given levitate as an ability.

It's a good ability, but other abilites are good as well.

I also want to see a pure steel type with Mold Breaker, a ball & chain pokemon to be precise (like the snowpeak mini-boss in Twilight Princess.)
Me too, I mean they want Poisen/Steel or something and give it Levitate just to aboid it's 4*weakness...but there are and will be 4*weakness.

As for the ball and chain idea, it sound great, maybe evolved into that spikey weapon "what is it called again?".

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
A mace?

Anyway, I want a Fire/Water geyser.

Dattebayo

Banned
How about a Dark/Psychic type Pokemon and a Grass/Fighting type Pokemon. Those would be great type combinations.

Hrmm...Dark hasn't been paired up with Bug yet. I don't see why not,there are plenty of bugs that could fit into that.

Grass/Fire wouldn't be as hard to pull off as some think...Jack-O-Lantern,anyone?

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
Fire/Ghost!

If anyone has played Ghost Master, then you know what kind of a creature I am talking about but for the uninitiated...

http://www.ghostmaster.net/haunter_firetail.jpg

I know that is a rather small pic but it's basially a fire salamander...

hmmm...

Water/Fire? Good for a salamander... It's an amphibious creature but it's portrayed as being born from fire in legends...

Swampfarmer

Floater of Jelly
A pure Flying Type. We definitley need one of those. Also, A Steel/Grass Type would be awesome. Of course, It has a 4x Fire weakness, but that's made up for by the other weaknessess that are taken care of. Ground, Ice, Poison...

Ed Phoenix

Pesky Boy
Fire/Ghost
Fire/Psychic
Fire/Dark

Grass/Steel
Grass/Electric
Grass/Ghost

Water/Ghost
Water/Psychic
Water/Fighting

Ed Phoenix

Pesky Boy

Poliwrath, Slowbro & Houndoom are saying hi. ^^;;

They can say hi but I'll still close the door in their faces. xP

And the game would be a little cooler if we had Water/Ghosts and Grass/Ghosts running around. :D

Arbok

aka Arbok
They can say hi but I'll still close the door in their faces. xP

And the game would be a little cooler if we had Water/Ghosts and Grass/Ghosts running around. :D

Oh, you want néw Pokémon with those types. Ok xP

And some Ghosts would be cool, yeah.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
Fire/Ghost
Fire/Psychic
Fire/Dark

Grass/Steel
Grass/Electric

Grass/Ghost

Water/Ghost
Water/Psychic
Water/Fighting
For Fire/Pscyhic, I'm guessing it'd have good sp.atk and sp.def, maybe good HP, too.

As for Grass/Electric, this is an awesome type combo, and I made a fakemon about it, which is a light mushroom "the mushrooms that light up caves", and for the weakness it'll only have fire/Ice/Bug weakness, that's if it had a normal ability, but if it had something cool like Thick Fat, it'll only have Bug.

Arbok

aka Arbok
Fire Pyschic: Ground, Dark, Water, Rock, Ghost. Alot common weaknesses, and I guess it wouldn't have that good attacks.. Psychic, Flamethrower..