• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GOOD type combinations for the 5th gen

PDL

disenchanted
I'm getting kinda annoyed that everything that's being suggested is being given levitate as an ability.

It's a good ability, but other abilites are good as well.

I also want to see a pure steel type with Mold Breaker, a ball & chain pokemon to be precise (like the snowpeak mini-boss in Twilight Princess.)

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
poison/dark with levitate.
shedninja with new evolution, dark/ghost instead of ghost/bug(still got wonderguard)
something that probably makes no sense: grass/steel with flash fire

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
I'm getting kinda annoyed that everything that's being suggested is being given levitate as an ability.

It's a good ability, but other abilites are good as well.

I also want to see a pure steel type with Mold Breaker, a ball & chain pokemon to be precise (like the snowpeak mini-boss in Twilight Princess.)
Me too, I mean they want Poisen/Steel or something and give it Levitate just to aboid it's 4*weakness...but there are and will be 4*weakness.

As for the ball and chain idea, it sound great, maybe evolved into that spikey weapon "what is it called again?".

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
A mace?

Anyway, I want a Fire/Water geyser.

Dattebayo

Banned
How about a Dark/Psychic type Pokemon and a Grass/Fighting type Pokemon. Those would be great type combinations.

Hrmm...Dark hasn't been paired up with Bug yet. I don't see why not,there are plenty of bugs that could fit into that.

Grass/Fire wouldn't be as hard to pull off as some think...Jack-O-Lantern,anyone?

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
Fire/Ghost!

If anyone has played Ghost Master, then you know what kind of a creature I am talking about but for the uninitiated...

http://www.ghostmaster.net/haunter_firetail.jpg

I know that is a rather small pic but it's basially a fire salamander...

hmmm...

Water/Fire? Good for a salamander... It's an amphibious creature but it's portrayed as being born from fire in legends...

Swampfarmer

Floater of Jelly
A pure Flying Type. We definitley need one of those. Also, A Steel/Grass Type would be awesome. Of course, It has a 4x Fire weakness, but that's made up for by the other weaknessess that are taken care of. Ground, Ice, Poison...

Ed Phoenix

Pesky Boy
Fire/Ghost
Fire/Psychic
Fire/Dark

Grass/Steel
Grass/Electric
Grass/Ghost

Water/Ghost
Water/Psychic
Water/Fighting

Ed Phoenix

Pesky Boy

Poliwrath, Slowbro & Houndoom are saying hi. ^^;;

They can say hi but I'll still close the door in their faces. xP

And the game would be a little cooler if we had Water/Ghosts and Grass/Ghosts running around. :D

Arbok

aka Arbok
They can say hi but I'll still close the door in their faces. xP

And the game would be a little cooler if we had Water/Ghosts and Grass/Ghosts running around. :D

Oh, you want néw Pokémon with those types. Ok xP

And some Ghosts would be cool, yeah.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
Fire/Ghost
Fire/Psychic
Fire/Dark

Grass/Steel
Grass/Electric

Grass/Ghost

Water/Ghost
Water/Psychic
Water/Fighting
For Fire/Pscyhic, I'm guessing it'd have good sp.atk and sp.def, maybe good HP, too.

As for Grass/Electric, this is an awesome type combo, and I made a fakemon about it, which is a light mushroom "the mushrooms that light up caves", and for the weakness it'll only have fire/Ice/Bug weakness, that's if it had a normal ability, but if it had something cool like Thick Fat, it'll only have Bug.

Arbok

aka Arbok
Fire Pyschic: Ground, Dark, Water, Rock, Ghost. Alot common weaknesses, and I guess it wouldn't have that good attacks.. Psychic, Flamethrower..