• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GOOD type combinations for the 5th gen

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
A fire/water pokemon would be interesting but, I'm having trouble thinking of what it could be

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
A candle with water instead of fire or a lantern filled with water..

Yeah it's hard to think about it.

I saw a fakedex that had a flamingo as a Fire/Water and one fakedex I had, had a statue as a Fire and water, oneside has the fire and the other water

Skarigon

Mmm, Cheese.
A Corphish on fire! xD

and Grass Ghost: Spirit of the Leaves!

ROMaster2

Pokémon Dash 2? :O
It would be interesting to have an Evo of ;313; being a Fire/Bug and an Evo of ;314; being an Electric/Bug.

And to note, these are the Pokemon Combos with an X ammount of weaknesses:

0 = Ghost/Dark (We all know this one)
1 = Normal (Fighting), Electric (Ground), Water/Ground (Grass), Normal/Ghost (Dark), Water/Dragon (Dragon), Bug/Steel (Fire), Poison/Dark (Ground), Psychic/Dark (Bug)
2, 3, 4, and 5 are too many
6 = Normal/Grass, Grass/Bug, Rock/Fighting, Rock/Ground, Ice/Psychic, Bug/Psychic, Psychic/Ground, Rock/Ghost, Grass/Dark, Rock/Dark
7 = Ice/Grass, Grass/Psychic, Rock/Psychic

I have a spreadsheet of Pokemon weakness and if a Type combo has been don or not, there has been about roughly 65 new combos yet to be used.

Water is only missing Water/Fire and Water/Ghost, and Electric is missing 12 types.

But I myself want an Electric/Fighting Combo.

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
yah id like an actual powerhouse electric/water because lanturn sucks lol

but i like the idea of electric/fighting except fighting pokemon can learn thunder punch etc.

id like to see a grass/fire or bug/fire lol it would be cool i think

Miss Rarity

A rarity to come by
Not maybe it IS why.
Let's see Gastly is mostly made of gases...so poisen...so evos same.

Yes and gloom is poison/grass so Bellosom must be poison/grass too... oh wait its not its pure grass... =\

Gengar should be Ghost/Dark, and no he wouldn't be broken cause his defenses suck. Take one look at Gengar and he looks like he's coming up with a nasty plot (why doesn't he learn this?!??!) to kill you. If you read his dex entries you will see that he lurks in other people's shadows just waiting for the right oppurtunity to devour your soul for his own sustinence... Now we compare that to sableye... he walks around in caves and eats jewels... WOW he is very evil!

Then again, there are many things that Gengar likes about being half poison. Gengar likes to switch in on CSHeracross' megahorns cause he has a 4x resist to them. Gengar is also immune to toxic and other nasty things that some pokemon do. Also Gengar walls weezing completely since he's immune to explosion, doesn't care about will-o-wisp, and has a 4x resist to sludge bomb!

BUT Gengar would be pwncakes if he was immune to: Normal, Fighting, Psychic, and Ground! that's the most immunities a pokemon can have! =o Plus Gengar would love to switch into Choice Specs Alakazam's psychics!

Miss Rarity

A rarity to come by
Not maybe it IS why.
Let's see Gastly is mostly made of gases...so poisen...so evos same.

Yes and gloom is poison/grass so Bellosom must be poison/grass too... oh wait its not its pure grass... =\

Gengar should be Ghost/Dark, and no he wouldn't be broken cause his defenses suck. Take one look at Gengar and he looks like he's coming up with a nasty plot (why doesn't he learn this?!??!) to kill you. If you read his dex entries you will see that he lurks in other people's shadows just waiting for the right oppurtunity to devour your soul for his own sustinence... Now we compare that to sableye... he walks around in caves and eats jewels... WOW he is very evil!

Then again, there are many things that Gengar likes about being half poison. Gengar likes to switch in on CSHeracross' megahorns cause he has a 4x resist to them. Gengar is also immune to toxic and other nasty things that some pokemon do. Also Gengar walls weezing completely since he's immune to explosion, doesn't care about will-o-wisp, and has a 4x resist to sludge bomb!

BUT Gengar would be pwncakes if he was immune to: Normal, Fighting, Psychic, and Ground! that's the most immunities a pokemon can have! =o Plus Gengar would love to switch into Choice Specs Alakazam's psychics!

Mamoswine Power

I would like to see an ice/electric pokemon, it would only have 4 weaknesses and it would have lots of strengths.Also i would like to see an ice/fire and an ice/fighting.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
A normal/ghost would be a very cool type combonation

Blaperile

Blaziken rules!
I want a Fight/Ghost type.

Miss Rarity

A rarity to come by
I would like to see an ice/electric pokemon, it would only have 4 weaknesses and it would have lots of strengths.Also i would like to see an ice/fire and an ice/fighting.
An ice/electric wouldn't have any 4x weaknesses... o_O;;

I decided to make a gigantic Attack Chart off Serebii's Chart, it covers ALL of the attack combos, thought it would be cool to show here:

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/3366/finally2cf0.png

Errrr... You didn't make that... >___>;; You just got it off from here: http://www.serebii.net/games/type.shtml

??????

That guy.
where is mah FIRE/DRAGON?
and we need fight/dragon, electric/dark, ice/fight, Dragon starter, and ghost starter. Is that too much to ask?

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
Normal/Dragon.
I actually thought of this one thro, and came up with a 3-stages pokemon, first starting as a normal types, who dreams of having special powers, then evolving another normal, the diff that this one is near the goal, and finnaly normal/dragon..as it has wished to be.