• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GOOD type combinations for the 5th gen

Sphyxius

This isn't a "what new type combos do you want to see..." this is more for pointing out combos that would actually be GOOD and competitively formidable.

for example... Psychic/Ghost... new typing, interesting enough... also x4 weak to ghost and dark -_- none of these on this thread...

feel free to add levitate to whatever you want... anything we can do to nerf all the EQ fetishists out there... -_- i.e. Fire/Dragon w/ levitate... weak to Rock and Dragon only. not bad eh?

also feel free to name the stats/abilities of such pokemon.
again, this isn't like a fakemon thread or a favorite unseen type combo thread... what you come up with has to actually be good...

Pearl's Perap

I would like to see a flying-type that can evolve into several different types, similar to Eevee OR more flying types that have types like the legendary birds and such.

I believe we need a grass/flying BIRD, not just, well, whatever the hell Tropius it is...

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Ghost/Ground would be good. No more earthquakes killing my Ghost Pokemon xP.

Sphyxius

Rock/Electric and Ghost/Ground sound really cool but are they actually GOOD typings? more advantages than disadvantages?? hmm??

Arbok

aka Arbok
I have a strong feeling if there is a 5th gen it'll havea ghost/steel.

Some sort of ghosted machine thing.. yes. Good idea. Weak to ground, but they could give it levitate. Weak to fire.. but that type isn't really common anymore.

I want to see a fire/ bug type i think that could work (Even though im not the fire tpes biggest fan)
Or maybe a fighting/ electric type would have been great

Last edited:

damasta

da masta of them all
i think there should be a ice and fire type,water and fire type,physhic and fire type,grass and ghost type, and electric and fighting type.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
Fight/Ground, it's be the Dragonite/Tyranitar..etc of the gen, and it'd be good foe competive battling, since fight and ground moves hits alot of things, so combined together + STAB = fear.

Electric with levitate. Best combo second to Dark/Ghost.
Fighting/Ghost would be pwnsauce, but I don't get how that would happen rofl...
Ice/Rock is another good one, but double weakness to Fighting...

Arbok

aka Arbok
Yeah, Electric with levitate. An enormous levitating Electric Pokémon.

Or Ghost / Normal? Dark moves aren't really common.