• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Got mew?

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
I've done the Mew glitch in Red. My Mew is my second strongest Pokemon in that game.

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
Never did, I always afraid to mess up my game.
Btw, doesn't it only work at one point in the game. Like after you beat the game, can you still do it?

Cioger

Glitchemon Trainer
uuuu.... no you have to do do it in one point of the game. ya know what

1. Fight your way through all of the challengers on Nugget Bridge.
2. Catch an Abra any way that you can, but don't engage the Jr. Trainer (Marked #7) who hides in the grass on the left of Route #24. This will come later.
3. Place Abra in your party if it's not already.
4. Make your way towards that Jr. Trainer, marked #7 on the map on Route #24. He's the one that says "I saw your feat from the grass" when he challenges you. And yes, it says 'feat, 'not 'feet'.
* Save the game at this point.
5. Stand in front of the Jr. Trainer, just outside of his sight. Move down until he sees you. As soon as he does, immediately press Start button. The exclamation point will not be above his head yet, not until actually Teleporting.
6. Select your Abra and use Teleport. If you did it correctly, the trainer should have an exclamation point above his head as you Teleport.
7. For the time being, your menu will not work. This is normal. Proceed to Route #25.
8. Approach the Youngster (#4) on Route #25, but do not battle or talk to anyone else besides the one Mountain Man (#1). You must battle him from as far away as possible. It is impossible to avoid him, but it will still work if you then head to #4. [After fighting the Mountain Man your start menu will be accesible again, but it is not recommended to access it as it is unknown what may go wrong here. Same goes for the Youngster.]
9. You must engage the Youngster in battle from far away. Do not walk towards him and talk to him or the game will freeze.
10. Battle the Youngster and defeat his Slowpoke.
11. Now walk back to Route #24. As soon as you reach the route, your Start menu will automatically appear.
12. Press B button to cancel the menu, and you will instantly be taken to a battle with a level 7 Mew.
13. Weaken the Mew enough to catch it, and it's yours. Normal Poké Balls will not work though, so try something stronger.

clone1

Aesthetics brahz
uuuu.... no you have to do do it in one point of the game. ya know what

1. Fight your way through all of the challengers on Nugget Bridge.
2. Catch an Abra any way that you can, but don't engage the Jr. Trainer (Marked #7) who hides in the grass on the left of Route #24. This will come later.
3. Place Abra in your party if it's not already.
4. Make your way towards that Jr. Trainer, marked #7 on the map on Route #24. He's the one that says "I saw your feat from the grass" when he challenges you. And yes, it says 'feat, 'not 'feet'.
* Save the game at this point.
5. Stand in front of the Jr. Trainer, just outside of his sight. Move down until he sees you. As soon as he does, immediately press Start button. The exclamation point will not be above his head yet, not until actually Teleporting.
6. Select your Abra and use Teleport. If you did it correctly, the trainer should have an exclamation point above his head as you Teleport.
7. For the time being, your menu will not work. This is normal. Proceed to Route #25.
8. Approach the Youngster (#4) on Route #25, but do not battle or talk to anyone else besides the one Mountain Man (#1). You must battle him from as far away as possible. It is impossible to avoid him, but it will still work if you then head to #4. [After fighting the Mountain Man your start menu will be accesible again, but it is not recommended to access it as it is unknown what may go wrong here. Same goes for the Youngster.]
9. You must engage the Youngster in battle from far away. Do not walk towards him and talk to him or the game will freeze.
10. Battle the Youngster and defeat his Slowpoke.
11. Now walk back to Route #24. As soon as you reach the route, your Start menu will automatically appear.
12. Press B button to cancel the menu, and you will instantly be taken to a battle with a level 7 Mew.
13. Weaken the Mew enough to catch it, and it's yours. Normal Poké Balls will not work though, so try something stronger.

Yea I tried this same exact Mew glitch on my Red version. It worked for me. :D

AstralEon

The one and only.
Yea I got a Mew. It's on my Blue version. I did the trick long ago but never bothered to play it all through with Mew.

Caught it with a Great Ball on the Nugget Bridge.

K-B-K

I have caught two Mews. Since its my favorite Pokemon (Joint favorite with Charmander.) and i only know two ways. I also caught a Gengar by using the Mew Glitch once. :D

Last edited:

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I thought about trying it, but I didn't wanna mess up my game so I chickened out.

Mewten150

i used the mew glitch on my red, i do all my glitchs on that cart...

Nope, i keep forgetting not to verse particular trainers, so i stuff it up