• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GOT MY LUCKY EGG!! Anyone else ever farmed it?? How did it go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So back in July I started farming firered leafgreen safari zone Chanseys.

Used 2 gameboys, fire red in one leafgreen in the other. Farmed simultaneously.

After about 15 hours or so I got 18 chanseys, but no egg.

Fast forward 3 months to today. Started it again.
Decided I would check once I caught 3 chanseys.
Caught 3 in just over an hour, and the 3rd had the eg!!

Anyone else have lucky egg farming experiences??

Also I don't want to hear any "just buy XD noob" stuff -_-

...nope, Chanseys just avoid me whenever I got into the Safari zone.

I just use the one the "Chansey-dance guy" gave me. No luck hunting eggs.

Same here, never seen a lucky egg on a Chansey. To be fair I struggle to find Chanseys in the Safari Zone either!

Kalosian

So long
I never even considered trying to get a Lucky Egg from Chansey in the Safari Zone. I didn't know they existed or how useful they were for a long time, then I got XD and just got my Lucky Eggs from there. Looking back, having extra Lucky Eggs on Gen 3 would surely help when it comes to training Pokemon, but I don't think I have the patience to try and get some of them from wild Chansey in the Safari Zone. Then I don't play Gen 3 that much anymore either, so it isn't that important for me right now.

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
I never tried searching for lucky eggs since it was already hard for me to find a Chansey. It took so long that a shiny Nidoran appeared before any Chanseys did.

Elite4woolfy

✽✽✽✽✽✽
I can barely find chansey, let alone catch it

Pokemoncoders

Gotta Cheat E'm All
Never tried farming lucky eggs but I would love to explore and try. Any tips?

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I've never tried farming Lucky Eggs in Generation III, considering the fact there are no wild Chansey in Hoenn, and in Kanto, they only appear in Safari Zone and are exceptionally rare. Shame you can't just get one from an NPC like in later games.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I never even considered trying to get a Lucky Egg from Chansey in the Safari Zone. I didn't know they existed or how useful they were for a long time, then I got XD and just got my Lucky Eggs from there.
This was similar to me. I didn't know that there was a Lucky Egg item until...mid Gen IV or so? Once I found out about it, though, I never tried getting one in my Gen III games because when it came to searching for Chansey in the Safari Zone, once was enough.

I did eventually get the Lucky Egg from XD (during the Gen V era IIRC) and traded it to Emerald, where I used the cloning glitch to get more of them and then traded & Pal Parked them to other Gen III/IV games.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I never tried searching for lucky eggs since it was already hard for me to find a Chansey.

Same here. Chansey were just too difficult to find and catch in Gen 3, which makes me wish that Chansey could've been found at Cerulean Cave in FR/LG like in R/B/Y instead of just at the Kanto Safari Zone ha ha. Lucky Eggs are a great item however.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I didn't even realize that Lucky Eggs existed until Black and White, so I never wasted my time hoarding Chansey in the Kanto remakes. Was getting double the experience points even worth the hassle?

genwinner

HM 06: Blast
Congrats. I've been flirting with the idea of farming one before I get a (third, hopefully working) copy of Emerald.

What strategy did you use to catch them? One rock, then balls?

genwinner

That's not a bad rate. I'll have to calculate the most efficient approach before I give it a try.

Did you find a corner and pivot to trigger battles, or was just regular running around in the grass easier?

That's not a bad rate. I'll have to calculate the most efficient approach before I give it a try.

Did you find a corner and pivot to trigger battles, or was just regular running around in the grass easier?

I did a trick where I used a pokemon at a certain level (lv 26 I believe but check bulbapedia to make sure), since some pokemon are below lv 26, and using repel cuts out those pokemon.

So yeah, to preserve my repels and safari steps I liked to just stand in one place and gentle tap to change directions.

Also remember there is only one zone where chansey has its highest encounter rate of 4% (or closer to 6% with my repel trick), so again check bulbapedia to make sure you farm in the correct zone.

genwinner

I did a trick where I used a pokemon at a certain level (lv 26 I believe but check bulbapedia to make sure), since some pokemon are below lv 26, and using repel cuts out those pokemon.

So yeah, to preserve my repels and safari steps I liked to just stand in one place and gentle tap to change directions.

Also remember there is only one zone where chansey has its highest encounter rate of 4% (or closer to 6% with my repel trick), so again check bulbapedia to make sure you farm in the correct zone.

That's clever! I didn't even know repels worked in the Safari Zone. I might give it a try soon.

Bananarama

The light is coming
I had never even tried looking for the Lucky Egg until I learned about it, and even then it was tough to find. I could barely even find and catch a Chansey most of the time, let alone look for a held item it might have been carrying. I haven't found it yet, but I'll still probably keep searching for that elusive Lucky Egg as I keep playing FRLG.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
In my recent FireRed playthrough, I was lucky to catch a Chansey holding Lucky Egg in the Safari Zone. I'm still annoyed you don't get it from an NPC like in Generation V games.

Status
Not open for further replies.