• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GOT S8

Peter Harrison

Anybody else here watch Game of Thrones?
Season 8 has recently received a new trailer and it look fantastic.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I do. Got to see the first ep of the new season and it's awesome. Can't wait for it to come out on dvd.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Watched episode 3 yesterday. What a wild ride that was.

Though one of my favorite characters died. :(

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I started watching GoT( I never watched it and currently I am at S2 episode 5.)Lol, long way to go.
Yep. How are you liking it so far?

I was able to keep up via HBO Free Previews over the years.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'm going to say it; the Night King is the exact opposite of GRRM's villain writing. Unironically evil overlord ala Sauron, not having any relatable personality

Barry Hernandez

I am so looking forward to seeing more episodes of Season 8. The previous seasons were all really good, in my opinion

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I like it very much, currently I am at S5 episode 5.
Nice. Glad you like it. I made it up to s8, ep1... so just waiting until it comes out to see the rest.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Nice. Glad you like it. I made it up to s8, ep1... so just waiting until it comes out to see the rest.
Do you know why's S8 hated? I am planning to watch it after my exams are done( so July), but have no idea why it's hated? All I can think of is that it's not what fans wanted? Like they didn't want that certain progression( example someone died and they didn't want that person to die).

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Do you know why's S8 hated? I am planning to watch it after my exams are done( so July), but have no idea why it's hated? All I can think of is that it's not what fans wanted? Like they didn't want that certain progression( example someone died and they didn't want that person to die).
The writing in part, along with it being rushed. That's my best guess in part. Along with what you said too.

SBaby

Dungeon Master

There's a few reasons, most of it going into spoiler territory, which you can find on just about any major fansite out there. But without spoiling anything, I will say that the season would have benefitted greatly if it had two additional episodes.

While the Game of Thrones series, much like the books, is a narrative mess, most of the prior seasons at least had time to build to the major plot points. This season, the pacing is terrible because they clearly did not have enough episodes to work with. So when certain things happen to certain characters seemingly out of the blue, it feels as abrupt as Chakotay and Seven of Nine suddenly being shipped in the Voyager finale.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Finally got to see the rest of s8, past the first episode. There are parts I didn't like, but I didn't find it as bad as I thought I would.