• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Got Something To Say? Please Post Here: \/

EpicSeraph

seen regice lately?
Can i please have some expert advice on how to increase my winning streak?

Specs:
-3v3 Singles battle
-Standard clauses (of course)
-Legends allowed

Lead:

machamp.png

Machamp@Choice Scarf
Jolly w/No Guard
12Hp/252Atk/240Spe
-Dynamic Punch
-Stone Edge
-Ice Punch
-Thunder Punch

Im sticking with the old Machamp set. I like it a lot, its always paid of and it probably always will.

Runner Up:

scizor.png

Scizor@Life Orb
Adamant w/Technician
120Hp/224Atk/164Spe
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-X-Scissor
-Roost

Pretty standard stuff here. My physical sweeper so i guess i dont need to explain much further than that.

164Spe ev's mean i out speed everything up to neutral natured base 85 speed pokemon. This includes a rather large group of defensive pokemon. Most notably Cresselia, Suicune, Milotic, Mesprit, Defensive Gyarados and Defensive Heatran who dont invest over a point or two.

Last Resort:

togekiss.png

Togekiss@Choice Scarf
Timid w/Serene Grace
16Hp/252S.Atk/236Spe
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Grass Knot

Togekiss can be a real life saver with flinch Hax. It out speeds Scarfed Heatran, Metagross (even after an Agility) Scarfed Heracross, some Salamence after a DD etc which is a large range of pokemon in this area. It will be treated as a revenge killer and can KO Swamper as well as deal a huge amount of damage to Hippowdon.

-Holy Magikarp! while i was breeding for some I came across a little beaut who happens to have Hidden Power Ice 65, talk about random luck eh?

-Please DO NOT suggest hidden powers. Unless i have it on my pokemon i can't use it. I like to use actual pokemon and not just use Shoddy Battle, its what i paid for isn't it?

Thanks for taking the time to read. All criticism is appreciated. Even negative comments will be taken into serious consideration. If you can suggest an improvement then please do it's the reason for posting this after all.

Credit To:
-Blue Ace for the Scizor ev spread
-Arkeis for the artwork

Last edited:

c0cobread

Arrogant trainer.
Personaly I would put Pay back over Stone edge. You lose the extra bp with choice scarf but the coverage offered by ice punch and thunder punch makes SE kinda redundant regarding what you will be hitting for supa effective.

Unless you like the oppurtunity of getting a critical. Like I said just a personal preference.

You may consider putting a status passer on your team. In 3 and 3 battles like you said, it is mainly sweeper orientated and paralysis/burns will really mess a sweeper team up. Your team would be a good example.

Last edited:

EpicSeraph

seen regice lately?
Personaly I would put Pay back over Stone edge. You lose the extra bp with choice scarf but the coverage offered by ice punch and thunder punch makes SE kinda redundant regarding what you will be hitting for supa effective.

Unless you like the oppurtunity of getting a critical. Like I said just a personal preference.

You may consider putting a status passer on your team. In 3 and 3 battles like you said, it is mainly sweeper orientated and paralysis/burns will really mess a sweeper team up. Your team would be a good example.

Regarding payback, machamp moves too fast to enjoy the power boost by moving last. either way I only got to use a 100 power move against ghosts, but it eases prediction a little for me (Im just terrible at it lol) in case my opponent has a flying type like Zapdos and Salamence that i know of.

Your last paragraph has me worried. I dont want to have a stall machine on board as it will probably hinder me. I should probably drop Azelf in favor of an annoyer lead. Any ideas on that?

Thanks for your hlep

c0cobread

Arrogant trainer.
I will have a think but nothing comes to mind at the moment. I agree with your initial post though, you probably can do better than Azelf.

What you could do however is change Machamps ability to Guts and replace Dynamic Punch with CC.

Doesn't absorb status persay but at the very least, it won't ruin your sweep. Furthermore, with scarf and no means of setting up, the oppurtunity of a power boost will probably be more than welcome.
This way, you won't necessarily have to occupy a team slot with a rest talker/cleric or whatever and still keep the much needed offense which is really what you want in 3 on 3.
Just a suggestion. Since this is wifi, you may have already trained your Machamp and this may prove to be inconvenient.

If you do decide to go down that road, Payback will definitely be the superior option. Without no guard, Stone edge less than sterling accuracy could prove to be costly. I see your point about SE easing prediction though.

Last edited:

SelenaluvsDylan22

Goodbye Rebellion
Machamp maxes speed at 229. thats hardly worth investing in

Fenrir100

Spriter
If there's any chance of a blissey in 3v3, I would suggest maybe putting some EVs into attack on azelf to hit harder with explosion.

Rad3n

Banned
That's 343 Speed fyi. Scarf Heracross starts the benchmark for fast at just over 400.

Guts is foolish on a ResTalk Machamp. I shouldn't have to explain why. Heatran should really be Timid with Max Speed as that's what all the Heatran run these days.

This team is overly weak to special attacks. A simple Choice Starmie could potentially rampage through your entire team. You have no resistances to several key types such as Water, Fighting and Ground. I would replace something, probably Machamp, with Celebi. That will fix most of your problems. Celebi also has Heal Bell, if sleep is still a worry.

Having nothing to deal with Dugtrio is also suicide in 3v3. Celebi can help with this, but it has to be weary of Sucker Punch. If you're cool, you could use Exeggutor, who has Sleep Powder, instead.

EpicSeraph

seen regice lately?
That's 343 Speed fyi. Scarf Heracross starts the benchmark for fast at just over 400.

Guts is foolish on a ResTalk Machamp. I shouldn't have to explain why. Heatran should really be Timid with Max Speed as that's what all the Heatran run these days.

This team is overly weak to special attacks. A simple Choice Starmie could potentially rampage through your entire team. You have no resistances to several key types such as Water, Fighting and Ground. I would replace something, probably Machamp, with Celebi. That will fix most of your problems. Celebi also has Heal Bell, if sleep is still a worry.

Having nothing to deal with Dugtrio is also suicide in 3v3. Celebi can help with this, but it has to be weary of Sucker Punch. If you're cool, you could use Exeggutor, who has Sleep Powder, instead.

I guess you right. I'll have a terrible time with ground types since none of my moves can hit them. Swampy and Hippowdon will walk all over me.

What if i drop Heatran for a Scarfed Togekiss?

with:
-Air Slash (main attack)
-Aura Sphere (good synergy with flying)
-Grass Knot (grounds and bulky waters)
-Flamethrower (psychic steels and skarmory)

If I use a Timid nature it can reach well over Heracross's 404 mark and some other pokemon who are scarfed around there.

-The only Celebi i own is just horrible lol so that might only exist as a distant possibility if i can trade for a better one.

(I also thought that the speed gets rounded up, but you're saying it gets rounded down then?)

Thanks

c0cobread

Arrogant trainer.

Who suggested that? I looked through the whole thread and never saw that anywhere.

c0cobread

Arrogant trainer.
Yeh,

What you could do however is change Machamps ability to Guts and replace Dynamic Punch with CC.

Machamp@ChoiceScarf
Adamant w/Guts
252Hp/240Atk/16Spe
-Close Combat
-Payback/Stone edge
-Thunder punch
-Ice punch

Whats wrong? what bit did I say "Oh yeh, add rest and sleep talk too".????
These are the only changes I suggested and imo the only way to run a Scarfed Machamp.
And furthermore I actually said:

This way, you won't necessarily have to occupy a team slot with a rest talker/cleric

Why the **** would I suggest a rest talker and say he won't need a rest talker?

Anyways, EpicSeraph you scarfchamp was fine I apologize if you misread what I said.
I only meant change his ability to Guts and Dynamic to CC.

Last edited:

EpicSeraph

seen regice lately?
Yeh,

Machamp@ChoiceScarf
Adamant w/Guts
252Hp/240Atk/16Spe
-Close Combat
-Payback/Stone edge
-Thunder punch
-Ice punch

Whats wrong? what bit did I say "Oh yeh, add rest and sleep talk too".????
These are the only changes I suggested and imo the only way to run a Scarfed Machamp.
And furthermore I actually said:

Why the **** would I suggest a rest talker and say he won't need a rest talker?

Anyways, EpicSeraph you scarfchamp was fine I apologize if you misread what I said.
I only meant change his ability to Guts and Dynamic to CC.

I know what you said at first. I thought well:
-I need a status absorber
-and Mahcmap can sweep

so why not combine the two?

BUT i changed my mind. Im sticking with the original set that Ive come to love so much. Now in the form of a lead. It will always have problems as one (thanks to Aerodactyl and Gengar) but all of them have a weakness anyway right? It always come out on top against Swamperts, Hippowdons, Bronzongs and Tyranitar leads (well if someones dumb enough to leave it in that is).