• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Gotcha!" Bump of Chicken Music Video Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I don't consider that to be odd; name consistencies aside, they are the same characters, so there's no reason to depict them twice. What I do consider odd is that the video used vanilla appearances for the SM and DP duos, but used Brendan and May's Emerald appearances. And used FRLG/HGSS/BW Red and HGSS Gold, but not ORAS Brendan and May. The video just doesn't seem to have any particular rule for which design it uses for them.

Yeah, but there was instances where official images showed both duos together as if they are distinct people.

Either way, I kind wish they had used the USUM looks as I think they were better for both.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I was looking at the legendary scene a lot and while I didn't notice like 10 that you mentioned, I also noted Therian forme of Thundurus, Tornadus, and maybe Landerus along with what I think was mega diancie were there. I don't know if you just didn't mention them or what. Then I also saw Celebi at 42 seconds when the camera suddenly shifts left a bit. I also thought I saw victini but I can't find it now so it may have just been my imagination.

That scene goes by very, VERY quickly. There had to have been at least 60 Pokémon silhouettes going by, but probably closer to 75, in the span of about four seconds. There's no way I can make them all out. Which shots did you see them in?

LucarioIsMegaEvolving

A single misplaced step
Bear in mind that this sort of animation is VERY expensive to do since a lot of it is on ones and because of its fast pace. Even if there's computer in-betweening, it still has to be checked by a human to make sure it looks right. Animation for anime openings are typically done by a different team than the main series itself, and they're also time-consuming. The ones for One Piece, for example, is done by a dedicated team. When they finish with one, they immediately start on the next, and it takes them the whole several months the series uses an opening for.
Oh yeah, absolutely. I know it's not realistically feasible, I just really like the art-style.

Sakuyamon

It's a cute little music video but there was so much randomness going on that it felt like I was going to have a seizure at any moment. It was just hard on the eyes.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I was looking at the legendary scene a lot and while I didn't notice like 10 that you mentioned, I also noted Therian forme of Thundurus, Tornadus, and maybe Landerus along with what I think was mega diancie were there. I don't know if you just didn't mention them or what. Then I also saw Celebi at 42 seconds when the camera suddenly shifts left a bit. I also thought I saw victini but I can't find it now so it may have just been my imagination.
That scene goes by very, VERY quickly. There had to have been at least 60 Pokémon silhouettes going by, but probably closer to 75, in the span of about four seconds. There's no way I can make them all out. Which shots did you see them in?

I was rewatching the video and can provide images of those.

Therian forms which showed right after their Incarnate forms (Therian Landorus' silhouette isn't the clearest, but that's what it looks like):

YJyJdpd.png

OFzzekp.png

FF7c2Qd.png

Possibly Mega Diancie (to the right of Diancie):

yanRqQ2.png

Celebi where you can see its antennae and body shape. There is also Regigigas which wasn't mentioned before:
WbA3dUm.png

o4CETWA.png

Also saw Volcanion:
Fts23pY.png

And @AieslwZ could this be the Victini you saw? (the left side of its body):
IpaUmZR.png

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I was rewatching the video and can provide images of those.

Therian forms which showed right after their Incarnate forms (Therian Landorus' silhouette isn't the clearest, but that's what it looks like):

YJyJdpd.png

OFzzekp.png

FF7c2Qd.png

Possibly Mega Diancie (to the right of Diancie):

yanRqQ2.png

Celebi where you can see its antennae and body shape. There is also Regigigas which wasn't mentioned before:
WbA3dUm.png

o4CETWA.png

Also saw Volcanion:
Fts23pY.png

And @AieslwZ could this be the Victini you saw? (the left side of its body):
IpaUmZR.png

Nice catches! I actually initially mistook Tornadus's Therian Form as Articuno, but I was confused as to why Zapdos and Moltres weren't there. I also initially thought Thundurus's was Keldeo's Resolute Form. Regigigas I thought was Deoxys Defense Form. The others I didn't see at all.

This was easily the most difficult part of this music video.

Status
Not open for further replies.