• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gotta Catch A Roggenrola! (696)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
OK Excadrill's entrance was SOOOOOOOO EPIC!!!!!!!!!(Where the hell the thunder came from I'll never know).

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
Not related to Rogenrolla, but when I see Team Rocket in episodes like this, I think to myself, "Stupid Team Rocket, be more funny!"

Where's the humor?! It's weird that they do Team Rocket-y things, but without the personality, as was in this episode.

Not related to Rogenrolla, but when I see Team Rocket in episodes like this, I think to myself, "Stupid Team Rocket, be more funny!"

Where's the humor?! It's weird that they do Team Rocket-y things, but without the personality, as was in this episode.

Tell that to Pokemopolis, they'll be disappointed.

And to make this not spam, what to say, what to say...Oh, I got it! Team Rocket's entrance was so epic, how they were shadowed.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I must say, not the best episode.

They split the time too much, either giving focus to TR, or not enough on Roggenrola. Sure, it was better than Palpitoad's capture, but I didn't see Ash develop much of a bond with it. They just saved each other from some rocks, and the rest of the Roggenrola. I remember a time when if it wasn't a random capture, they gave more focus to the Pokemon, rather than a battle, and developed it's personality more. I mean look at Scraggy, Snivy, and Sewaddle's capture episodes. They were all caught, with at least knowing the personality of the Pokemon, even if it changes the next episode. Then you look at Roggenrola, where all it did was hop a bit, and try to get help. It didn't do anything on the scale of Sewaddle, which isn't seen that much anymore outside of short cameos, but still had some personality when first caught. It's incomparable to both Scraggy and Snivy, who both had great personalities when they first appeared, and when they do, they still do! Couldn't they have done a bit more to show Roggenrola's personality?

shac

They split the time too much, either giving focus to TR, or not enough on Roggenrola. Sure, it was better than Palpitoad's capture, but I didn't see Ash develop much of a bond with it. They just saved each other from some rocks, and the rest of the Roggenrola. I remember a time when if it wasn't a random capture, they gave more focus to the Pokemon, rather than a battle, and developed it's personality more. I mean look at Scraggy, Snivy, and Sewaddle's capture episodes. They were all caught, with at least knowing the personality of the Pokemon, even if it changes the next episode. Then you look at Roggenrola, where all it did was hop a bit, and try to get help. It didn't do anything on the scale of Sewaddle, which isn't seen that much anymore outside of short cameos, but still had some personality when first caught. It's incomparable to both Scraggy and Snivy, who both had great personalities when they first appeared, and when they do, they still do! Couldn't they have done a bit more to show Roggenrola's personality?

Well, first off you can only do so much with a roggenrolla....it does not have distinct facial components to express emotions by. Secondly it's not that bad that they chose not to develop it so much in it's capture episode. Like you said they already did that with some of the other ones. It's good to go a different route sometimes. Besides they showed that roggenrolla was brave and good in battle (the way it battled tepig, and the way it deflected water-gun could even be considered strategic). That's not a bad start to develop a character I would say.

Kustem

Stylish knight

roggenrola have a personality, u can see it complete because the poor little dude doesnt have a face to show it correctly

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Why are people so whiny about screentime and personality?

Anyways. Another awesome addition to Ash's team. Can;t wait to see the little boulder in action.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Why must Ash make a bond with every pokemon he catches?! He never did with Pidgeotto,Krabby,Corphish,Aipom or Noctowl. Quit being a Jessie and get over it

TheEpicGoomba

I liked this epiosde. Glad that Excadrill appeared for the first time since he started to listen. Glad Ash got his 9th Pokemon Roggenrola. He was tough beating some of Ash's Pokemon but losing to Tepig in the end.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Wow, Team Rocket's entrance was so epic! The light and shadows were used perfectly!

gliscor&yanmega

Why are people so whiny about screentime and personality?

Anyways. Another awesome addition to Ash's team. Can;t wait to see the little boulder in action.

People are impatience and love to complain...sad but true.

I too can't wait to see Roggenrola do some stuff, I enjoy the thing very much.

Why must Ash make a bond with every pokemon he catches?! He never did with Pidgeotto,Krabby,Corphish,Aipom or Noctowl. Quit being a Jessie and get over it

Because it's a good thing that Ash wants to bond with his Pokemon...since he's never been the "Pokemon are tools not friends" type. He always bonds with all his Pokemon to some degree at some point(Even the ones you listed). What exactly is wrong with bonding anyways...

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Has anyone noticed how Roggenrola's Japanese name (Dangoro) is also one of the names of the Goron leaders? The Gorons are the rock-Hylians of the LoZ series.

randomspot555

I was kind of let down that Pokabu didn't learn a new move. It got a lot of screen time and it's been a while since it learned Flame Charge, and I'm getting kind of bored with the Flame Charge/Ember/Tackle combo. Maybe Overheat would be a nifty replacement for Ember.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This episode sure was boring, but then again, it featured a chunk of rock, so that's not really surprising. Anyway, I disliked Roggenrola and how the writers tried to make it seem quirky, when it's really just an average Pokemon. I dislike that they made it out to be really strong as well. I dislike when they do that because Ash goes out of his way to capture these tough Pokemon, yet when he actually uses them in battle, they totally suck. The writers only make them out to be strong to give Ash a reason to capture them, and that's a dirty trick. Anyway, Team Rocket's involvement made things even more predictable, but I'm glad that Tepig was more involved than usual. I give this episode a 3/10.

Grey Wind

The huge Roggenrola cannon was cool, but seemed rather pointless. And the same old Tea, Rocket doing stupid things. At least they don't blast off anymore. I liked Tepig's involvement and Roggenrola is cool, but I'd like if Ash starting paying more attention to his Pokemon. All though for some reason I thought Roggenrola was cute

Squirtle_007

A generic capture episode, I think Roggenrola is Ash´s first Pokémon without a face, isn´t?, well, even without one, the little thing sure has a personality:

- Well, it looks like Cilan´s flaws becomes evident when someone messes with his food
- In another circunstances, I would tought it was stupid to send Tepig against Roggenrola, but in terms of screentime, I was glad to see it
- Team Rocket with a ridiculous mecha that looks kinda useless ... red alert
- Iris/Excadrill and Cilan/Pansage going in action, simply awesome how they take part and not just look Ash saving the day
- What´s wrong with Ash commanding Tackles against hard or rough skin Pokémon? poor little Tepig now must have amnesia

Anyway, not so much to comment, but it was a nice episode overall

gliscor&yanmega

- Team Rocket with a ridiculous mecha that looks kinda useless ... red alert

Useless? The thing was a cannon that blows stuff up, would have killed Ash too if it wasn't for the plot stepping in. I hardly see how a cannon of that level can be seen as useless.