1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Gotta Catch A Roggenrola! (696)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Black & White' started by Serebii, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Aegon

Aegon Well-Known Member

@thebattleforntierash, I have to laugh at your idiotic posts. This episode aired in Japan in June. Look at when those posts asking if Roggenrola was caught were posted. Yes, you'll find they were posted in June (at least one was). Please put in a little bit of effort while composing posts, instead of just rushing ahead and making a fool of yourself.

2. Nekaku

Nekaku Well-Known Member

Not everyone likes the Japanese version of anime. For me I prefer the dub

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2011
  3. jscholfield

jscholfield Pokemon Breeder

I agree if I wanted to read I would go back to school

4. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

The post in question was weeks after the episode aired (The episode aired June 2nd, quoted post was in June 17th.

I'm pretty sure anyone who can go to some Pokemon website and easily find out if Ash caught something in this episode or not, instead of merely asking on here.

And if that is so difficult, reading the posts on here before posting, isn't impossible.

Granted the default is 20 posts per page, and true, you don't see anything until the 2nd page Because people won't freaking stop with the damn commentary.

But from Post 21 and on, I think it's obvious if Ash caught Roggenrola.

Not reading because you're lazy and asking a question that was likely answered before if you did research, is not a reasonable excuse. Only when there are millions of posts, and the answer was revealed on the 10th page or beyond.

And even if looking for an answer is still too hard for people, reading at least the past five posts especially in episode discussion threads, should at least be mandatory before posting. So none of the people who asked the questions of "Did Ash catch Roggenrola?", had any real right to ask them (since their question was answered 1-2 posts before theirs), regardless if they only watch the raw, sub, or dub, they came here and wanted an answer, if they want to be spoiled about whether or not Ash catches something, then spoiling the whole episode or skimming one's post shouldn't be that much of a problem.

5. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

A lot of people don't know that, and again, lots of people just wait for the dub to air.

And Dman, I love how you can turn such a simple answer into a large, thought out post.

Compliment btw, in case you were wondering.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2011
  6. Rebeccag

Rebeccag Well-Known Member

I thought this was a good episode. Ash got a new pokemon and Team Rocket was a bit more mature than they have been but they still blasted off ^_^. Also it felt like a bit more like the old pokemon and i loved Ash eating the pie then Roggenrola falling onto the table and stealing the pie. And we get to see Tepig again I havent seen the guy for a few episodes. i would like to see Snivy again I havent seen her for a while either

7. AmericanPi

AmericanPi Write on

I was SO glad to get evil Team Rocket back. Considering that they haven't appeared for, like, five episodes, I almost forgot about JJ&M. ;)

Here, they were almost Team-Galactic-Evil. I was really shocked at what they did to those poor Roggenrola... :(

Yet another great episode of the Unova saga. I swear, BW is a HUGE improvement from AG and DP.

8. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

Decent episode. Bad Team Rocket using Roggenrola for their own business. Good to see Ash caught a Roggenrola, a Rock-type Pokemon.

9. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

Roggenrola is a very interesting Pokemon, I admit. I'm still trying to wonder when Team Plasma is going to show up because TR makes it look like they're a legend that's not true...

You mean you didn't say a thing when they were evil 600 episodes back?

10. Yeah I've found that too. Whenever they jetpack away, their conversations are so repetitive. Every time they jet pack away, they always say something on the lines of "Oh damn, we failed. But we will take over the Unova Region...IN THE NAME OF DA BOSS!"

But I'm not sure if the repetition is the dubs fault, or it's like that in the Japanese version. Could someone tell me?

11. matt0044

matt0044 Well-Known Member

It's in the Japanese version too.

12. CupidKirby

CupidKirby Well-Known Member

"My beautiful fresh and fruity creation has been ruined by DESTRUCTION TIME!"

I swear how Jason said that just made my day.

13. Nekaku

Nekaku Well-Known Member

Is it safe to assume Cilan and his "It's....Time" has become an internet meme? XD

14. gliscor&yanmega

gliscor&yanmega Well-Known Member

I like Roggenrola's dub voice. Not really what I expected but it sounded nice to me.

The character of the day didn't sound too bad either, still didn't pay much attention to him though.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode as much as the Japanese version.

15. Lance The Champ

Lance The Champ The Aura Guardian

I liked Team Rocket's idea of using the Roggenrola as a source of energy and I was amazed that the roggenrola that Ash caught later in the episode stopped combined flash cannon of about a dozen Roggenrola. That was pretty insane

16. Orton155

Orton155 Pokemon Enthusiast

To begin, was it just me or did roggenrola sound like it was falling down a well sometimes when it spoke? Roggenrolaaaaaa

For the episode, I really enjoyed it. I thought it flowed well and I welcome the inclusion of team rocket. Speaking of team rocket, I thought their 'plan' was well thought out by using the roggenrola's energy core to produce a powerful beam. Actually, the only thing I can think of that caused the roggenrola to stop that beam is that it got a special attack boost from using flash cannon previously. Also, unlike some others, when the explosion occured I was chanting 'Please blast off, Please blast off' but alas I was disappointed.

Finally, the battles. I thought the first one was well thought out especially roggenrola using an object to deflect oshawott's water gun and this set tepig's heroics up well. The second battle was a generic capture battle but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. On a final note, roggenrola is already well developed battlewise with sandstorm, stone edge and flash cannon so for development we may see just an evolution and some personality development.

Good episode :D

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  17. jscholfield

jscholfield Pokemon Breeder

I liked the entrance excadrill got in this episode pansage not so much

18. Tykira

Tykira Wishful thinking FTW

HAHA!!! I agree that scene was the best part of the episode! XD

Uh, to be honest guys I wasn't really feeling the name 'Roggenrola' when I first heard it. It's like they just took the quote, "Rock n' Roll" and put an 'a' at the end to make it sound like a name. Heehee Rock type = Roggenrola?! I love the pun they put there! xD

and another thing, was it a good idea for Ash to use pokabu again after it just got healed up from the pokemon center?! I know this is an anime, but I'm just curious :p

just one more thing, I promise! Does anybody miss the old team rocket motto? or maybe it's just me and haven't gotten used to the new motto yet? xP

19. Shiny_Wooper

Shiny_Wooper Well-Known Member

i alway watch the jap. before the english i like the japenese voices better. but it is still a decent episode

20. takbir10

takbir10 Banned

ash already had too many unova pokemon i dont think he would need rogenrola