• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

gotta catch em all... but is it even possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainerJP

Is Eatin' Yo Picnic!
Unless you own both games, live in Japan, and own two DS', no, you cannot catch 'em all

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
It is possible, but you'd most likely need to use the GTS a lot. And we all know Pokemon from the GTS have a chance of not being legit. >.<

~SilverLugia~

Use Razor Shell!
At the time, no. Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect haven't been released to the public, so they cannot be obtained legitimately.

M4zz

Banned
Unless you own both games, live in Japan, and own two DS', no, you cannot catch 'em all

That's the point. You're supposed to not be able to do it alone. Pokemon in it's own little strange ways encourages person to person contact, not regarding beating the other and their pets for money.

I've done it multiple times. It takes effort and some close friends. Not entirely rewarding though.

BIGJRA

Catchin' Em All
Everybody but the last three is possible. I did it!! 643 of 646 :( Get me my JIrachi, Deoxs, Manaphy or be dead

You'll need GTS, and of course you'll need two different versions, that's the point of version exclusives.

CliveKoopa

Some pokemon are only avialable via special events such as Mew, Celebi and Arceus and can't be caught whether you have two DS's. GBCs. etc or not.

unstopable373

no it's impossible

whenever you think you have caught them all GF makes another 150 pokemon that you have to catch. Then you caught all those and another 100 or so pokemon and then again and more pokemon

it's a cycle that never ends, the only way you can catch them all is to catch all of the pokemon before GF goes under and they don't make anymore pokemon, but who knows when that will be.

Hokoku

VM For Cloneing
More Possible Now With Wi-Fi The Only Thing Stopin' Us Is Little Kids Who Want Level 9 And Under Legendaries

Waterlover711

<=my doggy(prof.pic)
More Possible Now With Wi-Fi The Only Thing Stopin' Us Is Little Kids Who Want Level 9 And Under Legendaries

couldn't freaking agree more....also the people who have shinie pokemon and taunt you with them while you try to offer a fair trade(which i bet all of them are action replays)..******....

Last edited by a moderator:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I would finish mine on White, but I'm too lazy.

I have everything I would need, including all the event legends, all the starters, etc, but I'm just too lazy.

yeminied

I've done it on Platinum and am slowing working my way through it on White. I've very nearly finished the Unova PokéDex (complete with one of each Pokémon in Dex order), all I'm missing is Deino line, Landorus and Kyurem.

However I only recently realised how much 649 is. That's heaps of Pokémon and it will certainly take to Pokéshift, trade, train, evolve and breed to get one of each Pokémon.

Because I'm Forever Alone I have to finish it all by myself, but by no means an impossible feat, the way I see it, the more Pokémon there are the more rewarding it is to finish the PokéDex.

Drat

Don't Bother None
It's possible.

But really, really, really, pointless.

It is possible, but you'd most likely need to use the GTS a lot. And we all know Pokemon from the GTS have a chance of not being legit. >.<

You couldn't even fill the Unova Pokédex with only the GTS, if you have White, since you never encounter Vullaby or Mandibuzz in-game. But with Black, you could, since you can see Cynthia's Braviary, find it on the GTS, and breed it. Even though there's still no way of getting the 3 event legendaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.