• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gotta Catch 'em All

duffman

Hey Serebii -

I don't know why, but I told myself I'd get all the Pokemon available in Platinum before I started trading, but that got seriously tedious. So I decided to set up my wireless security for the DS and use the GTS, thinking I could get everything I needed from... the world. As it turns out, the world is filled with jackasses who want a shiny lvl 100 Celebi for an Ekans. So now I'm here to completely fill my Pokedex and Bebe's PC with one of every species (even the unevolved ones - I'm OC like that.)

As of right now, I've seen 380 and caught 278, with about 40-60 more available in-game, without trading. So now I gotta get the rest. Fittingly, I'm going to start with the starters - I have all three of Sinnoh, and am looking to trade for the other nine. I'm also looking for any non-Platinum legendaries, and will swap identical trade-evolve pokemon (Kadabra for Kadabra, Rhydon w/ Protector for Rhydon w/ Protector - levels don't really matter to me... to a point.)

I don't really care about EVs or IVs or natures or moves at this point, although if I tire of collecting, I might try competitive battling or contests, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

So PM me if you've got anything you're willing to trade to help me achieve my perfect PC collection. I'll try my best to return the favor.

FYI: probably the best trade tokens I have are a bunch of Feebas, some Dittos, Eevees, and a shiny Crobat. Any evolved pokemon I'll trade and recatch/re-evolve to get Platinum-unavailable species (although I'll probably hesitate on the happiness-requirement ones - I HATE doing that.) I'm not willing to trade my legendaries, as that compromises my perfect PC.

So that's why I'm here. Oh yeah.

-Duffman

P.S. Does this site always run this slowly? Is it traffic from speculation on the new starters or what? If there's times that are less congested, I'd sincerely like to know about them.

Last edited: