• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gotta Catch Ya Later! (275)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Gotta Catch Ya Later!

Heading to Pallet Town, Ash splits up with Misty, who needs to go take over the Cerulean Gym, and Brock, who has some things to do. Ash gets back to Pallet town and decides to head to Hoenn, where Harrison is from, as his next destination.

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Blazing Charmander

This is one of the best ever episodes IMO and also quite an upsetting episode. I hated it when the trio had to split up though.

I loved the first half of the episode most of all, because it had lots of events + the trio hadn't split up yet. Then, i think that the second half was sorta eventful but not much happening It was nice to see Ho-oh again as well.

I won't say anything about ash and Misty cuz non-pokeshippers won't like it. However, i'll just say i think it was a very shippy episode.

Overall Rating: 9.5/10

M

meggirl63

That was a beautiful, yet sad episode 'cause sooooooo many people left. One of my favorites was Gary Oak 'cause I liked it when he was soooo nice! Anyone else? His niceness makes me happy!

F

Factory Head Noland

I loved their last battle against The Invincible Pokemon Brothers (yeh rite) when they worked together to create that hugh tornado, lol.

This is the saddest episode yet because of when Misty leaves and there is that song and all the flashbacks *sniff*

H

Hales

I'm not a pokeshipper or an Advanceshipper (in fact I'm none of anything)... but I was really sad to see Misty leave! Seeing Ash cry is a bad thing :)

I also love how Gary and Ash are now friends not rivals, that always bugged me.

S

slysunshine

This episode was really sad. (you know that though!) I wish I could see it now, because when I saw it I had just gotten back into Pokemon and it didn't affect me as much as it would now.

I agree that this was a very shippy episode. (though I wasn't thinking shippy at the time ;) )

I give it 9/10, but if I see it again I'm sure it'll be 10/10!

S

Shiny May

a good episode.
The song Misty sang was nice, Ash crying was sweet and the friendship between Ash and Gary is also cool !! And of course Ash's new clothes are cool !!

9/10

O

Ororo Munroe

The dub flashbacks are different then the Japanese ones. Anyways, this was a good episode but I think they should have split up at the end and have had more of the episode about that.

M

meggirl63

Hales said:
I'm not a pokeshipper or an Advanceshipper (in fact I'm none of anything)... but I was really sad to see Misty leave! Seeing Ash cry is a bad thing :)

I also love how Gary and Ash are now friends not rivals, that always bugged me.

You didn't like Ash and Gary being rivals? Whoa, something we have in common!

H

Hales

meggirl63 said:
You didn't like Ash and Gary being rivals? Whoa, something we have in common!
It's a combination of things, I didn't like how Prof. Oak was put in a situation because he likes both of them (although I think he favoured Gary, being his grandson of course, on a few occasions).

The other is Gary was mean and obnoxious to Ash on countless occasions, it might (if Ash wasn't so stubborn :)) have hurt Ash on some of those occasions which is why he fights so hard to win, acted the way he did in S1 and during the Johto region until the episodes during the League. (especially as now we have Gary asking Tracey and Prof. Oak what Ash is up to...)

As for the episode, I thought it was really good, I like how Delia knew that her son was going on another adventure, I mean she didn't want him to go but she didn't mention it to him :)

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mistystar89

I cried pretty hard in this episode. Misty's goodbye made me cry a river. T_T Their battle was cool against those brothers. The trio put them in their place until Misty got to finish it in the hoso. (Go Misty!) 10/10

This is offically my favorite Johto episode. T__T

C

Chibi

A complete tribute to all that is Pokeshipping. Yes, I DO know that the original Japanese eppie was not as glorious to us Pokeshippers, but I still died a little inside at the ending because it was so sweet!

Medea

Excalibur
This was a really sad episode, I mean just seeing Misty and Brock leave (even though Brock returns 5 episodes later). But I think it sucks that we got cheated out in the dubbed version (as usual) with Misty's flashbacks. But then again, that's just my opinion!

C

Chibi

I don't mind as much... Cause it seemed to highlight her relationship with Ash, overall. Even knowing that there were originally flashes of different grouping pics, it was oh-so-sweet seeing just how well she obviously remembered her meeting and getting to know Ash.

I think that helps us realize just how special Misty was to the show, and how special she thought Ash and the others were to her... =]

V

vulpix

OMG i was so sad in that episode, i cryed for days.because Misty is my favorite character of all times.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Hales said:
It's a combination of things, I didn't like how Prof. Oak was put in a situation because he likes both of them (although I think he favoured Gary, being his grandson of course, on a few occasions).

The other is Gary was mean and obnoxious to Ash on countless occasions, it might (if Ash wasn't so stubborn :)) have hurt Ash on some of those occasions which is why he fights so hard to win, acted the way he did in S1 and during the Johto region until the episodes during the League. (especially as now we have Gary asking Tracey and Prof. Oak what Ash is up to...)

As for the episode, I thought it was really good, I like how Delia knew that her son was going on another adventure, I mean she didn't want him to go but she didn't mention it to him :)

You know I hope the rivalry continues into the future if the Japanese animators get round to it with the dispute with the voice actor and such, I want to see Gary get revenge!

DANdotW

Previously Iota
In the battle against the Invincible Pokémon Brothers, note how Ash says to Misty, something along the lines of "You are a great water pokemon trainer. You finish this battle, we'll just watch" implying that they will let Misty finish it herself, yet then they order more attacks from their Pokémon. Weird, huh? I think somebody has the case of i-have-to-do-every-battle-cause-i'm-a-spoiled-brat-itis and it isn't Brock or Misty.

Kasumi

Boulder Trainer
I feel sad! Kasumi is my favourite character. Why? I want to see her again with Satoshi. Kasumi really leaved him! It's so beautifule that Ash was crying. But Kasumi wasn't crying.. I almost cried. I will sad until she wiil travel with Satoshi again! Kasumi you are the best! Why she came back to Cerulean City when they met again in Advance Series? She could go with they! I have a question. The 394 episod isn't last episode, so Kasumi will arraive again! I hope it will come about!

Last edited: