• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gotta Catch Ya Later! (275)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I'm kinda glad misty left because there wasn't any action in her parts. May and Dawn have more now going for them than just trailing around.

pokefiend_13

Harley-san Fanboy
In my opinion, this was easily the best episode of the Johto saga.

Thank god beginning tommorrow, CN will be starting up the refreshing AG saga. I wonder if they'll have a new promo?

I'll be honest. Getting rid of Misty was the best thing that the writers could have done to her character. Just imagine, if they kept Misty on for as long as Brock, people would be complaining about how Misty was getting stale and how she should be booted off the cast. Unfortunately, her leaving gave her the "I'll be cool forever" syndrome to her fanbase that the rest of us are now forced to put up with.

This episode marks a certain finality, as if the series could have ended here if it weren't for Advance Generation. After all, the loose ends were wrapped up, and everyone split ways to follow their own paths. It also sets up nicely for the next season, for a new beginning. I really believed that Brock would not join the AG cast, even going as far as to deny his appearance in the Pokemon Advanced intro as being one of his relatives or something. Imagine my disappointment when he actually did appear when it could have been Wally instead.

pokemaniac10

クロツグ
One of my favorite master quest episodes. at first, I was mad that Misty left and a bit sad, but now I dont care. I like May and Dawn more than her. brock leaving was slightly dissapointing but im glad he appeared about five episodes later,iirc.
overrall, id give it a 9.5/10

pokemaniac10

クロツグ
One of my favorite master quest episodes. at first, I was mad that Misty left and a bit sad, but now I dont care. I like May and Dawn more than her. brock leaving was slightly dissapointing but im glad he appeared about five episodes later,iirc.
overrall, id give it a 9.5/10

Pokeshippers

AAML Livin The Dream
I hope she gets a permanent return, the problems being is she isnt liked as much now but i loved misty's character i think soon misty should come back for a series but brock leaves for a series i just loved her character but every1 to themselves i suppose

Pokeshippers

AAML Livin The Dream
well thats good to know thats shes still liked and i was jus sayin i doubt theyll bring her back permanently due to contests are part of the show and misty is no co-ordinator but in sayin this the new male support character if there was one culd be a co-ordinator

pokemon fan 132

This was truly one of the saddest episodes in pokemon history.It was really sad to see Mistys departure and emotions were everywhere in this episode.I still remember how much i was shocked when i find out this,and its really sad that she left and never returned to the show.

Considering how complaints to this day still didnt diminished just shows how big mistake was to replace her.Well i still hope that maybe some day she will return for a season or two,but sadly chances are extremely low for this to happen.

Last edited:

Pokeshippers

AAML Livin The Dream
yea i agree pokemon fan 132 that reality is the writers dont want to incorperate her into the show i think, it must be hard to put her in as they wouldnt allow ash 2 be with 2 girls tho it would be cool hed be absolutely controlled by them lol but as you are wishin for a return so am i but as you said the chances are extremely low

pokemon fan 132

yea i agree pokemon fan 132 that reality is the writers dont want to incorperate her into the show i think, it must be hard to put her in as they wouldnt allow ash 2 be with 2 girls tho it would be cool hed be absolutely controlled by them lol but as you are wishin for a return so am i but as you said the chances are extremely low

The thruth is that there doesnt exist problem,because many people wouldnt mind having two girls in the group.Also many fans are already tyred of same formula having new girl each generation doing contests and would like some girl doing battles.Writers could easily go back to original thrio consisting of Ash,Brock and Misty(which many fans wants) or to bring her back as fourth character having group of four members like they had during Hoenn and Battle Frointer.

Problem is that writers just dont want to return her,thats all.

Anyway i have to admit that "Gotta Catch Ya Later" for sure brings back memories.Honestly i dont like this episode too much because of departure and everything.Its too sad for my taste.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
*sighs* I remember when I first saw this, I was like, "eh, no big deal, Misty will come back in Hoenn..."

Oh, how wrong I was =\

Well, I still loved the episode. I really felt sympathetic for Misty D: She got her bike back, though! That counts for something... even if Ash didn't even actually repay her for the bike, which was her whole reason for following her to start with. Nice to see the writers tie up some of their loose ends, though ^_^

It's my favorite episode. Not because of Misty's departure but because it delivers a range of emotion most episodes lack by my view. Its emotional tension is heart-wrenching and though I feel Misty's goodbye was shoddily and inappropriately built up the recollections and final words between Ash, Misty, and Brock were well delivered in this episode, in both the original and the dub, as was the animation and what have you.

I think it's a great episode.

Considering how complaints to this day still didnt diminished just shows how big mistake was to replace her.Well i still hope that maybe some day she will return for a season or two,but sadly chances are extremely low for this to happen.

No, it shows both how strong her cult is and how little life Pokemon fans have. Five. Freaking. Years. Oh well, at least it's not 2000+ like some people....

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
the writers should just have Misty come back soon