• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gotta Catch Ya Later! (275)

Champion Jared 14

It was okay, for Misty got stronger by leaving the main group, instead of always relying on the guys to protect her all the time. She's got responsibilities now, and this is STILL one of my favorite episodes. But I still think that she likes Ash more than May or Dawn ever will. She clearly showed it. So just be appreciative that the writers noticed that, and that they gave contest roles for May and Dawn.

Now, if only they could do the same thing for Brock, even though most of us are over him.

Dmoorea

Ok. I just watched this episode for the first time today. If you ask me the Pokemon anime truly ended with this episode. Not only does Ash make some form of reconciliation with Gary at the end, but we also have Brock and Misty parting ways with him. (Sure Brock shows up again later, but he is in a different mix of characters.)
This is, of course, the series that I originally watched on TV when I was younger. I never watched this far though.
Does anyone really know why they got rid of Misty?

This episode makes me sad because everyone is splitting up. No more Brock and no more Misty. I was happy when Brock made his return in Hoenn.

STICKTOPIA

this is what Misty said:

"well ash ketchum. finally, i know how u really feel about me."

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I thought that this episode was very sad. I will miss Misty and Brock (though they both show up again). I thought it was sweet how sensitive Misty got about Ash's feelings right after she found out she had to leave. I also thought it was sweet how Ash and Brock wanted to battle with her one last time against Team Rocket and the Invincible Pokemon Brothers. I liked what Misty said about that she knows how Ash feels about her. I thought that the song that played was nice. I liked how Ash used Misty's hankerchief and Brock's silverware to help him escape Team Rocket's pitfall. I am not surprised however that Ash copied Gary and is setting off on his journey to Hoenn with only Pikachu. I was surprised however, that Misty's bicycle got repaired and returned to her. I thought that it would be lost forever.

This is so sweet! Misty will miss traveling with ash. And misty is finally got her bike fixed! :D
All these generations are so great! Past of the kanto pokemon and present of the johto pokemon. A new jeurney allways a new generation. Hoenn is going to be great! I can't wait to see May and Max!

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
I've seen this episode at least, 100 times (maybe more) and I cry everytime. I watched it today because someone asked for the exact words in one of the convos of that episode. I just couldn't help myself. The heartfelt friendship between Ash and Misty and the last moment of Misty being main character hurt me a lot.
It hurts a lot to have to leave everything behind and become a gym leader which is what Misty did. To this day, i don't think Misty is satisfied with her decision. She can barely see her friends and the only close connection she has anymore to Ash is his mother who she sees from time to time (she happened to be at his house when he got home from Hoenn so obviously she had to be at his house regularly to be there in the first place).
I still can't believe the producers actually had Misty leave and kind of seem to have forgotten about her (although I don't think they're as stupid as they look). I strongly believe that while making GCYL, the writers knew full well they would incorportate Misty a lot more in the future and I strongly believe that soon she will reappear and regain a sort of importance.
Sorry, I'm a Pokeshipper for life and beyond. :)

STICKTOPIA

I've seen this episode at least, 100 times (maybe more) and I cry everytime. I watched it today because someone asked for the exact words in one of the convos of that episode. I just couldn't help myself. The heartfelt friendship between Ash and Misty and the last moment of Misty being main character hurt me a lot.
It hurts a lot to have to leave everything behind and become a gym leader which is what Misty did. To this day, i don't think Misty is satisfied with her decision. She can barely see her friends and the only close connection she has anymore to Ash is his mother who she sees from time to time (she happened to be at his house when he got home from Hoenn so obviously she had to be at his house regularly to be there in the first place).
I still can't believe the producers actually had Misty leave and kind of seem to have forgotten about her (although I don't think they're as stupid as they look). I strongly believe that while making GCYL, the writers knew full well they would incorportate Misty a lot more in the future and I strongly believe that soon she will reappear and regain a sort of importance.
Sorry, I'm a Pokeshipper for life and beyond. :)
Yea pokeshipping for life!

pokemon fan 132

It hurts a lot to have to leave everything behind and become a gym leader which is what Misty did. To this day, i don't think Misty is satisfied with her decision.

Thruth is that this even wasnt her decision.She didnt wanted to leave group, but she didnt had a choice.Because of sisters gym would got closed so she felt responsibility to go back and prevent this.And your right,even later during hosos Misty showed signs of displeasure with current position and how her sisters are incompetent(not having anyone to rely on),staying more due to not having anyone responsible enough to leave gym in their hands implying how she would rather travell(expanding her horizonts,and advancing her goal,more than its possible now),than anything else.

I strongly believe that while making GCYL, the writers knew full well they would incorportate Misty a lot more in the future and I strongly believe that soon she will reappear and regain a sort of importance.

You could say im hoping for Misty having some bigger role in future too.Its sad to see her being reduced in these days to very rare and minor appearances.She deserves more,and should be part of cast again for at least a season,two (afterall reasons exist).Though this isnt very likely.

I guess we will have to wait and see what future brings regards this.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
This is the MOST emotional episode in pokemon ;master quest.
(for me)

why does Misty has to go!?, eventhough it hurts a lot to me, still that already happened so. . . nothing could change that!!!

LinkG07

For the dub, Misty's words made it seem like she was disappointed that Ash didn't think of them as being more than just friends. In the Jap. version, her phrasing states that she has come to terms on where they both stand in their friendship, as if she was going through an emotional struggle throughout their entire journey.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
It was strange to see Misty and Brock leaving after 5 years.

and it was great to see Ho-oh again, this time it was different.

9/10

Sayho1234

This was the saddest, emotional, episode in the history of the series, even proving to be more sadder than the episode where Ash released Butterfree :(.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
One of the saddest episodes of the show. Take care Misty you will be missed. The hardest blow to the Pokeshipping community.

firestar319

The Marauder
This was a very emotional episode that can still get to you even watching it like 6 to 7 years later. You can truly see that Misty had feelings for Ash. And alas, the main trio of Ash, Brock, and Misty gave us 5 years of awesome adventures. Brock and Misty, you will be missed....

9.5/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Oh how this episode breaks my heart. After so many years of having Misty in the Pokemon anime, she leaves in this episode. I almost cried when this episode aired because of that. Misty was given control of the family's Gym by her sisters and just had to leave to Cerulean City to take over. I did like a few things about this episode though. I loved those clips that we got as she remembered all of the fun times with Ash and Brock; a really touching moment in the anime. I also loved that Ash returned to Pallet Town and saw Ho-Oh, though I was confused by why Ho-Oh would be flying towards the Hoenn region. Was that just dub-added? Anyway, Ash got his new clothes for AG in this episode and aside from a few tears here and there, this episode was a good end for the OS series. And yes, I count it as such. 9/10 for the memories ;_;