• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gotta Catch Ya Later! (275)

Champion Jared 14

It's funny how for the episodes that DID focus on Misty and that developed her character, people rated the episodes low with low ratings, and immediately labeled them as meaningless filler episodes...But when it comes to the last episode where Misty was a main cast member, oh people loved this episode! And for the mere fact that people knew that Misty was not coming back to be replaced by May...It's sad how a large portion of the fandom here just seems to hate Misty for some reason...

I know May and Dawn were given bigger roles than Misty, but it's not a reason to hate her for it....they're all ink on paper, how can they be to blame?

Anyways, just felt like ranting...after reading some threads and comments...Not only was this one of the best episodes of Johto, but the entire series to this day. Misty, the First Lady of Pokemon 4ever.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Dude, its been almost 10 years now since Misty left the series. That's an entire decade. Stop trying to bring back the old tired Misty debate that was settled back in 2003 when it was actually relevant.

On an unrelated note, its interesting how short Misty's goodbye is when you stop to think about it. She's gone by the first commercial break, and the last 10 mins just have Ash by himself or at Pallet.

Champion Jared 14

I'm not trying to stir up any kind of debate or start anything controversial. i'm just stating my opinons from what I've read. This is a thread relating to an episode about Misty, is it not? So that means that I can talk about her to my hearts content. Why does that bother you so much? No one had a gun to your head forcing you to reply to my comment, but since you were obviously hurt and bothered by it, you decided to respond to it...

And apparently whatever "argument" you're referring to is still relevant if people to this day are still talking about it...It doesn't matter if Misty almost left the show ten years ago, it still doesn't change the fact that she is a part of the show's history, and anything that comes after her and that is related to her in some way won't stop people like me from talking about it. And you're not excluded from that either.

If it's anyone who needs to get over something that revolves around pokemon, it's you whenever Misty is mentioned. As her fans, we've already come to terms with her departure, but whenever something in the show is related to her in some way, you're ready to blow someone's head off over it.

You really do need to grow up and get over yourself. Your actions and comments are very childish, and very unfitting for someone who's like...32 years old...

pokemon fan 132

It's funny how for the episodes that DID focus on Misty and that developed her character, people rated the episodes low with low ratings, and immediately labeled them as meaningless filler episodes...But when it comes to the last episode where Misty was a main cast member, oh people loved this episode! And for the mere fact that people knew that Misty was not coming back to be replaced by May...It's sad how a large portion of the fandom here just seems to hate Misty for some reason...

Thing is that some people around here are hypocrites.Many Misty focused episodes were of much better quality than some character development based episodes other characters received,but thing is that people who never liked her character will naturally discard anything good related to this character being obvious why they were overjoyed when she got ditched.

However i wouldnt say majority on here hates her.Very few members this board has posted in here with few negative opinions coming from some fans not representing in any way what is general consensuz among fans on this site.I met alot of people in here who liked this character.

Its kinda weird but situation varies from site to site making it seem like fanbase got split in several fractions.On some sites like pokecommunity 90% of members are Misty fans.

On an unrelated note, its interesting how short Misty's goodbye is when you stop to think about it. She's gone by the first commercial break, and the last 10 mins just have Ash by himself or at Pallet.

Persionally i enjoyed more in her goodbye than it was case with other girls departures which lacked emotions or suspense.This is one of most heart tearing episodes to this days being sad to see group of friends of Ash,Misty and Brock splitting after all those adventures they had.
Misty being forced to leave wanting to continue travelling with her friends just made things even more emotional.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was sad to see Misty and Brock go at that time.

It was great seeing Ho-Oh in the anime again. The Flashbacks were very cool. It was cool seeing Ash and Gary become friends not rivals anymore.

30/100

Last edited:

pichupichu17

Pichu Trainer
SUPER depressing episode. I wish Misty would come back more her and Ash are meant for each other!!!!

sir.dav

Ash had to say goodbye to Misty, as if that wasn't sad enough, Brock, "oh yea i have to back go too, i got an e-mail and all ..." , i was like "wtf brock? :| "

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I thought the episode was sad and interesting in the same concept.
Misty leaving was sad but hey its the writers we should all be mad at.
In conclusion i thought this episode was a 9/10 overall.

placement

I hate this episode,but...its very good episode. Good and mysterious. I don't know what should i think about this. Friendship or more? I've watched this when i was kid. Now i'm mature and this episode hurt me. Ash is stupid. This bike is not the reason why she traveled with him. Their story began and ended with a bike... When she's gone, Pokemon died for me. No Misty = no show. Its just my opinion. My insignificant opinion.
Cheer.

sorry for my english, its not really good :/

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This episode is a good episode. It's sad to see Misty leave the show though.
Brock was also kinda funny in this episode and I believe he started to cry when they split up Lol.
Also Ash started running after they split up, that was kinda funny to me also lol.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I hate this episode,but...its very good episode. Good and mysterious. I don't know what should i think about this. Friendship or more? I've watched this when i was kid. Now i'm mature and this episode hurt me. Ash is stupid. This bike is not the reason why she traveled with him. Their story began and ended with a bike... When she's gone, Pokemon died for me. No Misty = no show. Its just my opinion. My insignificant opinion.
Cheer.

sorry for my english, its not really good :/

You're probably one of the only persons who said they hated this episode. I liked it. People were reading into Misty and Ash too much of a romantic deal that they never really gained a real friendship like they were supposed to. They were so busy arguing about non sense that I never heard Ash say the stuff he said to her. I guess stuff like that only happens when you're about to get kicked off the air. Why couldn't this nice pleasant stuff happened when they were on?

Blessed

Ugh this episode affects me a lot. I cant even. Original trio for life. & I hope that by now she's on her own journey because staying in the gym was never her intentions and It never will be she wants to become a water pokemon master.

Jnmisty

It is another one of my favorite episode in the entire series. It would have been a lot better if Brock had a situation like Misty and Ash did. When you think about it, Misty having to face the Invincible Pokemon brothers ( although Ash and Brock joined in the battle) and Ash having to face team rocket alone. Plus it would have been nice to have a Brock montage as well.

Ugh this episode affects me a lot. I cant even. Original trio for life.

I totally agree!

I hope that by now she's on her own journey because staying in the gym was never her intentions and It never will be she wants to become a water pokemon master.

As seen in Pokemon Chronicles, she isn't. And unfortunately, I think she's still working in the gym... I don't see her sisters taking their responsibility...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This episode aired 10 years ago back in 2002. I don't see why you guys feel "affected" by it. Misty was never supposed to last in the anime forever and I can't imagine her staying in the show for 750+ episodes.

I find it bizarre that people view this episode, where Misty left even before the first commercial break, as some big deal, when in reality this was VERY EARLY in the series. Misty didn't even make it to the halfway point of the anime. I think she's only in like 38% of the shows total episodes now.

This episode aired 10 years ago back in 2002. I don't see why you guys feel "affected" by it. Misty was never supposed to last in the anime forever and I can't imagine her staying in the show for 750+ episodes.

I find it bizarre that people view this episode, where Misty left even before the first commercial break, as some big deal, when in reality this was VERY EARLY in the series. Misty didn't even make it to the halfway point of the anime. I think she's only in like 38% of the shows total episodes now.

It is true that Misty wasn't in more than half of the anime, but Misty has fans. Some people, including me prefer Misty over May, Dawn, and are PokeShippers and Misty fans. That makes this episode so sad for Misty fans, Original Series fans and PokeShippers.

About the commercial break: in the Netherlands, there isn't a commercial break during episodes, and there also isn't a commercial break on my VHS's, DVD's and on the Internet.

But why does it matter that Misty left before the commercial break? Misty left during this episode, it doesn't matter where in the episode.

The episodes that tell the story of misty are awesome ! I love finding out how misty came to be and many other things bout her !

Blessed

I find it bizarre how Cyber is here when he doesn't even LIKE the character we can say what ever we want because we are Misty fans and this is an episode about MISTY I also find it hilarious when I scroll up and I see Jared telling you a lot of things If it's anyone who needs to get over something that revolves around pokemon, it's you whenever Misty is mentioned it's something you still haven't gotten over for all these years you've been here. ..It doesn't matter if Misty left the show ten years ago, it still doesn't change the fact that she is a part of the show's history, and always will be & anything that comes after her and that is related to her in some way won't stop people like me from talking about it. How you're still in this thread is beyond me.

I totally agree!

Thanks! :)

As seen in Pokemon Chronicles, she isn't. And unfortunately, I think she's still working in the gym... I don't see her sisters taking their responsibility...

Yes in pokemon chronicles but by now I think she is on her own journey!! because it is shown how some gym leaders leave to learn and travel and since mistys goal is to be a water pokemon master (worlds strongest water trainer) and seeing how gym isnt enough and how older seasons showed what is needed to do to come closer toward it,key for improvement is in leaving said position for certain period of time so its logical. And daisy showed signs of being able to run it!! GYM is the least problem as writers can easily fix this when Misty traveled with Ash her sisters were running the gym so that showed that they WERE responsible.

Last edited:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
It's sad on how sometimes people forget the whole episode in general and yet talk about only one character. Brock did leave for four episodes too. Plus, it was interesting on how weird Nurse Joy kept her bike there for that long. There was so many questions that I just said "whatever' when it was over. But misty should have just told her how she felt. It would have been easier. I know Ash is dim but she knew that so she would know to just tell him. He probably just didn't know.