• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gotta Dance! (P06)

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
I think I mentioned this on the Arceus movie thread, but this short ROCKS! The best part of all has to be the song!
Now's da time for shakin', for turnin' 'round and wakin'! Da sleepyhead dat's in your bed, da fun is for da takin'! Forget about da snoozers, 'cause snoozin's for da losers, and everything is lookin' up, so let's party down! Every single Pokemon dat knows what is goin' on is dere to sing and shake dat thing until da break of day, hey! Check out da way my friends are spinnin' and keep us all a' grinnin' and giddy in a Pokemonic way!

ccangelopearl1362

Of the Pikachu shorts I've seen, this one was probably the most hilarious, and the humor revolved around that Dancing Pokébaton. Jessie, James, and Meowth had set up a brand-new Team Rocket base to show Giovanni, but unfortunately for them, Ash, May, and Brock's Pokémon became just a little too curious for their liking. As a result, the Pokébaton got activated enough times to completely short out, and all the while, the Pokémon danced their way to ruining that new base. I will admit to using the song in this short whenever I feel like exercising, so I feel that much healthier once I'm finished. The chuckles I got when the Pokébaton finally overtook Treecko will be self-explanatory, and so will Lotad's sneeze causing the base's collapse. This was an excellently hilarious short from Hoenn.

Virtuos

Female Wobbuffet???
this pokemon short, IMO, is the most epic one.
The song really gets you going (unless youre a music hater)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Team Rocket's pokemon were funny... i loved to see tham dancing

And the music was great.

6/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've seen this twice since I have the DVD, and both times I thought it was unnecessary.

I liked that Meowth was in charge of the new Team Rocket Secret Base, but then adding music to it? It didn't go well.

It's like the High School Musical of Pokemon :/ 2/10

G50

No longer posting
This short was ok... It was cool to see Whismur, Loudred, and Ludicolo all in this episode. It was great seeing so many different dances shown in this Short. It was funny when Meowth fell into the Cement Mixer. It was funny to see Cancea being like a machine gun. The dancing was funny and awesome to see. The whole building looked weird... In a way I felt glad it fell down lol. Funny how it finally all came down after Lotad sneezed.

51/100

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
This is one of my favorite Pikachu Shorts, mostly becuse of the song XD

danparker

I've seen this Pikachu movie back in 2005 alongside with Jirachi wishmaker.

I have to admit, this is the most hilarious Pikachu movie ever made. A lot more funnier than the previous Pikachu movies.

Well, it involves controlled dancing, destroying Team Rocket's new base (BTW, did they actually do a good job with it?) and other hilarious moments.

Two thumbs up for the humor from me. And for the okay story.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Oh boy, this was such a weird short, I only watched it once. I don't know why, just watching Pokémon dance for no reason like that is weird to me. Yeah, it's cute, but there are just some Pokémon who shouldn't dance... but it has since then made me fantasize about dancing Pokémon, so maybe that was the whole point.

But anyway, because this was such a strange Pikachu short, I somehow have forgotten a good portion of it from my memory. Guess it's one of those things you have to watch a few times in order for it to stick or something. I've been wanting to re-watch it again, but I don't have Jirachi: Wish Maker, for one thing, and I can't find it on the Internet. So I'll have to make-do with what I do remember.

And I just remember dancing and a raging Loudred with a stick. Yeah... you can tell I never did get it. But I do remember enjoying it, even if my face had a "WTF" look on it for the majority of it. I think it's something that would keep the kids quiet for a while, so if anything, I would watch it with my little brothers if we were to see it again.

Lionel

lol Like many others have said, this was definitely the best Pikachu short I've watched so far. I especially love how they turned the Japanese ending theme into a whole entire story of its own. The song was also very addicting. Though it can be quite jarring at times, I just couldn't stop watching the Pokemon dance to that catchy tune...

keybug55

Pop sensation
You think I like this short? What makes you say that?

What really gets me is the animation in this short, all their dances are so fluent and I love every second of it. It's so much fun syncing different music to this short, almost anything can fit ^^

Just a thing about Loudred, he has soundproof so sound based things can affect him, I honestly think he just wants to jam out ^^

Bananarama

The light is coming
As a fan of musicals, I really enjoyed this one. It was hilarious how the Pokémon literally brought the floor down while dancing, and I laughed when Meowth got stuck in the cement.

JudySpell

Banned
I liked the theme song in this special, but the dancing bit didn't interest me and the plot itself wasn't that strong. 5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow Meowth's base looked amazing ha ha, so I was sad when the whole thing collapsed in the end. ^^; Pikachu's pokemon imitations were funny and I liked watching all the pokemon randomly dancing.

This was my favorite Pikachu short film because of the dancing and light hearted atmosphere. Meowth's singing voice was actually good too. :)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Omg, this was one of my favorite Pikachu shorts. It reminded me of Tom and Jerry and it had great music, great animation, and a Loudred and Ludicolo dancing with each other.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Meowth's singing was surprising tolerable and his whole plan falling apart due to Pikachu and the others made me kind of bummed out.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Meowth's singing was surprising tolerable and his whole plan falling apart due to Pikachu and the others made me kind of bummed out.

Yup Maddie (Meowth's voice actress at the time) managed to sing pretty well in Meowth's tone here which I liked, although the Gotta Dance theme song's lyrics could've been better hee hee. ^^;