1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Gourgeist/Meowstic

Discussion in 'Rate My Deck' started by Matty_fillz, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Matty_fillz

Matty_fillz Rogue deck maker

So I started building this deck a few weeks ago didnt know it even existed but I should have known better XD but another person from this forum helped me out with it a little so Thank you :3 anyways if anyone could give me opinions on it that would be much appreciated!

Pokemon:
    4-4 gourgeist line
    2-2 Meowstic line
    2-2 garbodor line (garbotoxin)
    1 mewtwo-EX

Trainers:
    3 professor Juniper
    2 N
    2 Cheren
    3 Switch
    1 Master ball (Ace-spec)
    3 float stone
    1 hard charm
    4 level ball
    3 skyla
    3 professors letter
    4 evosoda
    3 ultra ball
    2 bianca

Energy:
    8 Psychic
    2 double colorless

Strategy: (lol)
    try to get gourgeist out as fast as possible and start spreading that damage using Eerie voice like butter on toast! once you have enough damage dealt use meowstic's Ear influence to clean up and move it to 1 pokemon (or a few depending how much damage is down) and knock it out. garbodor is just used for shutting down abilities that might mess with this plan and the mewtwo-EX is well just for a backup attacker. if any one has ideas to make this deck better or just opinions they would be greatly appreciated

2. ven?

ven? Kanto Region Champ

Would you consider the dusknoir that does the same thing from the bench that meowstic does, nothing ability wise really stops this deck on the off hand, but it is a good idea.

3. Matty_fillz

ya I took a look at using dusknoir but every one I play with uses garbodor so I thought it would be a good idea to maybe try meowstic.

:D

4. ven?

ven? Kanto Region Champ

Then play 3 tool scrapper and a dowsing, you only need to use dusknoir twice as you would rather take all of your prizes at once.

5. Matty_fillz

Wouldn't it make more sense to just play startling megaphone now? it seems a lot better IMO idk tho

:D

6. ven?

ven? Kanto Region Champ

They are both the same.

7. Swagsire

Swagsire Well-Known Member

They're no where near the same. Play Megaphone. You have no reason to get rid of tools. Qwaa ;195;

8. ven?

ven? Kanto Region Champ

I can type up a 3 page article on why both of those cards are exactly the same in in-game theory. Though I don't know matty just won't play 4 float stone, you need all of your tools for garbo.

9. Swagsire

Swagsire Well-Known Member

You're so wrong. 2 tools and all tools are completely different. Is it likely? No. But why would you not play a card that will always discard all as opposed to sometimes? Qwaa ;195;