1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Gourry x Lina Discussion

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by Llybian Minamino, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Llybian Minamino

Llybian Minamino Forlorn Hope

This is a pairing I've been quite fond of ever since I've started watching Slayers. Now, I haven't gotten to see Slayers: Try yet, so I don't have full knowledge of the series, but it is one of my favorites so far.

Lina and Gourry are just too wonderful for words as a couple, in my opinion. They're very cute together. They even have moments together that remind me a bit of Rocketshipping (usually when they're talking about food...)

It seems that most of the coupling fanart I've seen pairs up Lina and Zelgadis. Which I honestly don't get (I just like Zel so much better with Amelia). Lina and Gourry just seem so meant to be, and the pairing is undeniably canon.

...^^; I guess the fan-base doesn't really care much about the canon for the most part though...

So, Gourry x Lina...yay? Nay? Opinions?

2. Katsu Koneko

Katsu Koneko 明日がある

I've seen all the episodes except for the first two or three of the first season. I used to watch it on Sundays and Fridays; I especially love the sort of Lina in Wonderland one.

I hope you watch Slayers TRY, it's really good.

Oh!! I can lend you some links to the TRY episodes that are being uploaded by one of my good friends in another Forum.

Lina x Zelgadis?

Ook then. I like Zelgadis with Amelia.

3. Llybian Minamino

Yeah, I have to agree. It seems a lot of the fans dislike Amelia so they don't like pairing her up with Zelgadis, but I think it's an adorable pairing.

Thanks anyway, but I think Try is something I'd really like to own for myself. I ought to be getting a chance to purchase it soon anyway.

I should make more Gourry x Lina avatars...

4. Phantom_Bugsy

Phantom_Bugsy So hot he's on fire.

Naysayer. >__>

I think personally that Lina's way too fiery and violent to be with Gourry. If a male at all, I think Xelloss MAYBE. >__> But I still prefer her with Amelia.

5. Llybian Minamino

*shrugs* I think Gourry's better at handling Lina. He can take her tantrums and selfishness but still cares about her a whole lot as is evident in the series, and she cares about him.

The end of NEXT was so magical~

6. Phantom_Bugsy

I will admit, the end of NEXT *was* adorable. :/ Even if I don't like the pairing.

HEY I KNOW YOU. Llybian! :0 Omg. You should know who I am 8D

7. Llybian Minamino

Yay! ...And of course they had to get amnesia after the whole thing, just to ruin my day.

...Waitaminute! Is that Oos or am I horribly mistaken?

8. Phantom_Bugsy

I forgot about that part. XD

And I'm afraid you are NOT horribly mistaken 8D It are Ooses. Yep.

9. Llybian Minamino

^_^ Yay! It's nice to see you again!

The ending to NEXT really did make my day when I saw it. I do love my fluffy canonical shipping moments.

I also like in the first season where Lina's jealous of Selpheal (I think I spelled that wrong...) and doesn't realize it...

"Why are you so mad?"

"I don't really know."

10. Katsu Koneko

Katsu Koneko 明日がある

I loved the last episode of NEXT, I think the first time I saw that episode was when the "International Channel" still had Anime at midnight or something like that and they had a marrathon of Slayers that I stayed up to watch.

I also did a book report on the third novel of Slayers..I stuttered on the second to last thing..x.x

It's Syphiel or that's how they spell it in the Anime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.