• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gps issues

kittyguy2008

The Piano Man
So i have an iphone 6 with the latest ios and firstly my compass is backwards? When i sit in my bed and face the road with my phone it says I have my back to the road. That's not a big deal. What is a big deal is that i drove to the park today and there were several pokestops but once i got near them my gps still said i was too far and had me positioned very far near the entrance to the park. So i decided maybe its just a little miscalibrated so i walked a little farther past it and my character did not move. Then i got the gps signal not found message and i eventually had to close out the app. At the time i had 5 bars and lte so i don't see why I would be having problems establishing a gps connection. I did some research and found some people saying you needed to be connected to internet and I'm just like "then why is this pokestop a tree in the middle of the woods"? Thoughts?

could be server issues did you try going back into the game

Grey Wind

So i have an iphone 6 with the latest ios and firstly my compass is backwards? When i sit in my bed and face the road with my phone it says I have my back to the road. That's not a big deal. What is a big deal is that i drove to the park today and there were several pokestops but once i got near them my gps still said i was too far and had me positioned very far near the entrance to the park. So i decided maybe its just a little miscalibrated so i walked a little farther past it and my character did not move. Then i got the gps signal not found message and i eventually had to close out the app. At the time i had 5 bars and lte so i don't see why I would be having problems establishing a gps connection. I did some research and found some people saying you needed to be connected to internet and I'm just like "then why is this pokestop a tree in the middle of the woods"? Thoughts?

Are you not connected to the internet? That's probably your problem then. Otherwise make sure your location settings are set to high accuracy.

kittyguy2008

The Piano Man
My location settings dont have an accuracy setting. If I needed internet to access a pokestop why would it be in the middle of a forest or the one at the fire department where the only internet available is the fire departments locked wifi.

have you turned off wifi cause leaving it on while away from your house can cause issues as well. are you using an android or I-phone?

Last edited:

Grey Wind

My location settings dont have an accuracy setting. If I needed internet to access a pokestop why would it be in the middle of a forest or the one at the fire department where the only internet available is the fire departments locked wifi.

You need internet access to connect to the server. It would be impossible for them to check and see if there's free wi-fi near every single Pokestop, if you don't have access and can't use data/3G then you're just out of luck I'm afraid.

kittyguy2008

The Piano Man
But i am usinng data i have LTE at all the spots and fulls signal it just says My gps signsl cannot be found

NCS1479

But i am usinng data i have LTE at all the spots and fulls signal it just says My gps signsl cannot be found

I am having the exact same problem and will be anxiously watching here for an answer.
I am on Android and have LTE plus I am in suburbs with great reception so always have internet.

jamie_11x

I have the same problem >< finding it hard to play as it doesn't like my device

NCS1479

Has anyone tried deleting the app and removing the gmail account from the phone then reinstalling and setting up a new account under a different gmail address?
I am totally frustrated with the constant freezing and the "gps not found" when gps is turned on and working fine.

Drastic measures, so I wanted to see if anyone has tried this and if they had success or not.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
This only happened once. Today when I was leaving my wifi disconnected and it said the GPS wasn't found which made the game freeze. Luckily I was just trying to catch a pidgey at the time =)

Burumun

Just because you don't have internet doesn't mean other people didn't as well when they set up the stop, since most of the stops are taken from Ingress (what exactly, I'm not sure, but yeah). Still, if you don't have internet connectivity, you'll probably get the message saying you don't have internet instead of the one about GPS.

I would look it up and see if anyone with the same phone has had similar problems. The GPS doesn't always work for me, and it looks like it's partially just because of my phone, since other people with the same phone have also had problems with the GPS.

Has anyone tried deleting the app and removing the gmail account from the phone then reinstalling and setting up a new account under a different gmail address?
I am totally frustrated with the constant freezing and the "gps not found" when gps is turned on and working fine.

Drastic measures, so I wanted to see if anyone has tried this and if they had success or not.

Okay, but... why? That has nothing to do with the GPS. If anything, deleting the app and registering under a new Gmail account would probably have the same effect, but I sincerely doubt it would help you.

NCS1479

Just because you don't have internet doesn't mean other people didn't as well when they set up the stop, since most of the stops are taken from Ingress (what exactly, I'm not sure, but yeah). Still, if you don't have internet connectivity, you'll probably get the message saying you don't have internet instead of the one about GPS.

I would look it up and see if anyone with the same phone has had similar problems. The GPS doesn't always work for me, and it looks like it's partially just because of my phone, since other people with the same phone have also had problems with the GPS.

Okay, but... why? That has nothing to do with the GPS. If anything, deleting the app and registering under a new Gmail account would probably have the same effect, but I sincerely doubt it would help you.

What phone do you have? I have the Blackberry Priv operating on Android Lollipop.

I think you may have misunderstood. I do have internet - that isn't a problem. I NEVER have GPS on Pokemon GO but I always have it on Google maps and other apps.
As far as why I would delete the app and reinstall - I was asking if anyone had tried it. It doesn't make logical sense but neither does the problem itself!

Last edited: