• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

gramr n de interwebz

Does grammar matter on the forums?

• Yes, please type correctly.

Votes: 50 84.7%
  • nobody carz, we cn tok hw we wont

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters

KingWiggins

Sometimes I wonder what these people think. Do they realize no one can understand what their posting? Do they think everyone types like that?

It's basically how children my age type, and usually why I wish I was older...I hate being the 'brat generation' as my Dad calls it.

Gelatino95

Not a tool

KingWiggins

diamondpearl876

I think grammar always matters, no matter what the situation is. The more you practice it, the better that you'll be at it when you decide that you REALLY need good grammar (such as on school papers or when you're trying to sound extremely formal). Also, it just makes you look like a more intelligent person if you always pay attention to your grammar, even if you don't need to.

KingWiggins

I think grammar always matters, no matter what the situation is. The more you practice it, the better that you'll be at it when you decide that you REALLY need good grammar (such as on school papers or when you're trying to sound extremely formal). Also, it just makes you look like a more intelligent person if you always pay attention to your grammar, even if you don't need to.

As much as I love writings and typing that is easily read, I don't think you always have to type/text correctly. Texting slangs/whatever were made to make texting easier, but heck, people just abuse it now. Usually when I text my friends I honestly don't give two thirds of a shizz (I'm in Infraction trouble, deal with it) if my friends text correctly or not. It only gets on my nerves when they text like a complete dumbdonkey (infraction trouble still). Anyways, considering I used misspelled words in this paragraph, I guess I can't say to much, eh?

Matt108

Grammar should always be taken into consideration, but I do not think it should be focused on too much when on a forum. Though I greatly dislike it when a message is completely illegible due to overuse of "textspeak", I try to not fuss over grammar too much. The reason for this is because when someone corrected mygrammar, it agitated me and I realized how annoying it was to be corrected for a simple grammatical mistake when I was trying to have a conversation.

I most likely would never say something about someone's grammar on a forum, but it certainly would make me annoyed at the one who posted with the grammar of a cat dancing on a keyboard.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Yes but to an extent lol, for instance I shorten words sometimes too. Like I use wit instead with, but no I don't type like a thirteen year old blond lol.

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
I'm stating my opinion on this.

While I am new, I looked over the forums the past few days (mainly the b/w2 speculation thread) and saw the occasional "bad grammar". But I could still read it, can't you guys?

As long as I can read it, the post is fine with me. You guys can read this post pretty fine can't you?

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
My grammer isn't perfect. As long as I can understand a persons grammer I can talk to them.

pirate555

Word.
Not sure if intetional.

Right back at you, sir!

I'm usually willing to overlook grammatical errors if they're merely a typo or an accident. Any attempt at good grammar is commendable, and if bad grammar is used in the name of humour, that's no problem.

But when it turns into a text-speak fest, I end up judging them on their style of writing, and not favourably. A few of my close friends are incredibly smart and can write first class essays, with impeccable spelling. Yet they revert 2 writin lk dis when on d net. It's surreal.