• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Graphic Cards

Sk@rmory288

Put User Title Here
After my current issue with my graphic card, I might get a chance to purshase a new one. I went through Best Buy's Cards and theyv look very promising, yet expensive. One was $499! Who would buy that!

Anyways, money is tight around the house, so I can't really go and blow $200 like that like most of ya'll can, so need one in a fair price range too.

So can anyone help me? Thanx

-The Skarm

Shrike Flamestar

Video Game Addict
Without knowing what kind of slot you have available for a graphics card on your motherboard, I can’t really help you with anything specific. However, if you live in the US, screw Best Buy and all those other stores like that and buy from Newegg as retail stores tend to jack up prices to unbelievable levels.

If you can tell me whether your motherboard uses PCI, AGP, or PCIe for graphics cards I could help you with picking out a specific card. If you don’t know already, you’re going to have to open up your computer to find out, and in case you’re not a computer geek like me, here’s a short guide to help you out.

Since you plan to get a new graphics card I assume you’re not afraid to be poking around inside your computer (unless you intended to get it installed by someone else, in which case this will be a learning experience for you...), so open your computer up in whatever way it opens (after you read this all, obviously...) and take a look at the slots on your motherboard (the circuit board everything connects to on the opposite side of the case from the side you look in through). Every motherboard made today has at least two normal PCI slots which look like the slots shown in this picture (although they’re not always white, white is the most common color for PCI). PCI has the smallest and weakest selection of graphics cards and is more used for other things, though, so you better hope you also have either AGP or PCIe. AGP is being slowly phased out, but still has a good selection of cards to choose from today so no worries if it’s what you have (it’s also the most likely unless your computer is really ancient, really new, or really cheap from a manufacturer like Dell). They look like the top slot in this picture, although they’re most commonly brown in color. Notice the size and placement compared to the PCI slots on the bottom. The last possibility is PCIe, which is the newest graphics slot. PCIe look like the longest two slots in this picture, with the bottommost slot being a normal PCI for comparison (ignore the two other slots, those are different types of PCIe for other kinds of cards).

Once you know which slot you can use and have a more specific price range (it would also help if you would tell what you use your computer for), come back and then we’ll talk :)