• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Grass/fire/water stall core team

Gannondorf929

Dragon Master
alright, this is my first team in a while, so here goes:

Team at a glance:
:386-s:
;080;
:560:
;381;
;485;
;465;

images

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Superpower
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt

obvious set, sets up hazards, but also has superpower for t-tar

080Slowbro.png

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

with leftovers, regen, and slack off, slowbro dies very slowly, even though it may not be thought of as an ou pokemon. first of the core

560Scrafty.png

Scrafty (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Hi Jump Kick
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch

my main sweeper, he has moves that counter various weaknesses throughout my team. with one dragon dance, he can outspeed most things, and gets moxie boost after that

381Latios.png

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

revenge killer, works great with scrafty because it counters all of its main counters, terra, virizion, conk, and others. hp fire for coverage against steels, mainly using psy and surf for terra, conk, and virizion. draco for a great stab later

Heatran_Artwork.png

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Roar
- Lava Plume

subs, then hazes with toxic, roar, and the burn chance of lava plume. second of the core set

465Tangrowth.png

Tangrowth (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Power Whip
- Knock off
- Sleep Powder
- Earthquake

while it may seem like an odd choice, tangrowth complemnts my team with some excellent resists and its powerful stab. like bro, its dies slowly because of leech, lefties and regen. hopefullly gets a powder off. third and final of the core set

so, tell me what you think, and post your comments below. i'll make all changes to the first post

Last edited:

mudkipinator

Living life
I personally haven't used a grass/fire/water defensive core but i see you have two defensive walls and one special. maybe put calm mind of slobro to turn it into a tank and takes hit from both sides. also maybe consider knock off on tangrowth, it may sounds wierd but it can get rid of leftovers or choice scarf and things like that.

Gannondorf929

Dragon Master
yeah, i see what you mean, ill take off seed on tangrowth, it being unnecessary and all. however, i do like bro's set

mudkipinator

Living life
i think taking leech seed off is a bad idea. and if you want to keep the slobro set tthan that fine if it works for you then go for it ^-^

Soperman

The One and Only
Calm Mind on Slowbro instead of Fire Blast. Makes it nearly invincible.
Maybe 4 Attack on Tangrowth?
Seems like a really nice team overall, good job.
;068;

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
I take it there is no item clause?

The team looks good, i can't think of any one poke that would give you team massive trouble. They check each others counters fairly nicely.

Gannondorf929

Dragon Master
Awesome, yeah, I looked at everyone's weakness, and made sure I had moves to counter it.