• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Grass Hysteria! (349)

Emma Iveli

Fanfic Writer
I love this episode, it was so cute. I also liked it was covered in grass types. Cute!

Me too, I can't wait for next week's episode when Bulbasaur, de Bulbasaur to return the show even if it's 1 episode. I hope Ash brings him back at the Hoenn League.

Kanto Trio

Must Defeat Dent!
Man I hadn’t seen Pokemon for a while. Anyways, this is a pretty good episode. I really liked the beginning where they get lost in the woods and meet hooded people. The Bulbasaur was really cute. I thought the end was kind of sad to.

Rating – 10/10

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Nice episode, although not too much happened besides May catching Bulbasaur.

While I'm talking about May, though, am I the only one who thought I heard her say "strip mall"? >_>

Bulbasaur's voice did thankfully sound more female than usual, but at times it seemed more like a young voice, rather than a female's.

This place seems a whole lot like Bulbasaur's mysterious garden (the garden, not the episode), esspecially with the Venusaur King, and the huge gate guarding the place. But there are quite a few differences, like only 1 Bulbasaur, and all the other grass Pokemon. And the village of people close by.

"Mean Old Lady", heh.

Wobbufet's door thing was funny, and James' "Jamesie", like others mentioned.

I rate this episode 7/10.

M

MayAsh1987

I really liked this episode. Everything been surprising me lately. Bulbasaur sounds a little bit like Larvitar, and Venasaur sounds to me like Rapheal from Yu-gi-oh or its just me. Don't know. Anyways, Team Rocket was funny, I started laughing when Wobbufett popped around, that was funny. Ash and May were great, I like the little bonding part at the cliff and telling Bulbasaur about the towns and traveling.

Not bad, good, I rate this 8.5 out of 10.

S

stigy

Great episode. But why couldn't TR just have crushed Ash and Co instead of doing their motto?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Blue Pokemon Master said:
While I'm talking about May, though, am I the only one who thought I heard her say "strip mall"? >_>

I heard her say "strip mall" too, and a dirty thought crossed my mind as she said that, knowing May's character and all.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Cybercubed said:
I heard her say "strip mall" too, and a dirty thought crossed my mind as she said that, knowing May's character and all.
Yeah, and it's strange. The only other thing I could think of that she may have said was "street mall", but I have no idea if those 2 words even exist together like that.

MayAsh1987 said:
Bulbasaur sounds a little bit like Larvitar, and Venasaur sounds to me like Rapheal from Yu-gi-oh or its just me. Don't know.
Yeah, I thought Bulbasaur sounded like Larvitar, too. And same with the Venusaur thing. But I was thinking Don Krieg (sp?) from One Piece. I guess all 3 of them have the same voice actor.

Pokeballs

Custom Torkoal 01
Blue Pokemon Master said:
Yeah, and it's strange. The only other thing I could think of that she may have said was "street mall", but I have no idea if those 2 words even exist together like that.

There are such things as strip malls, it's like little strips of a mall :p not a mall for stripping >.>

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Pokeballs said:
There are such things as strip malls, it's like little strips of a mall :p not a mall for stripping >.>
Oh. ^^

That makes sense. Sorry, I just don't think I've ever heard of "strip malls" before, so what did you expect me to think?

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Shining Espeon said:
Wow, people have never heard of strip malls before? They're generally the same length as a regular mall, though only one-story and a little compact.

I've discovered that a lot of people here are weird. It's to be expected.

PDL

disenchanted
V Faction said:
The whole "pull down a lower eye lid and stick out the tongue" thingy.

ah-cha, so that's what it's called

it's very easy to tell it's an insult, even if it is a "japanese only" one, it's been done in anime countless times

anyway, abouts the episode, I found it kinda "meh"

May's conversation with bulbasaur was kinda amusing, as was Team Rocket's Old Lady robot

9.7 out of 10,
The new bulbasaur kinda reminded me of Larvitar (you remember him, don't you?), I've never seen Oddish's and Sunflora's mad before, but still cute (we also saw all 3 cottenweed evos, hoppip, skiploom and jumpluff).

One more thing, Mecha Mean Old Lady Mach 1 was great name for newest mecha. Wobuffet's turn out compartment was pretty funny (make it an avatar!!!).

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Well, after five straight great/pretty good episodes, they were bound to have an episode that wasn't as great. I really liked bulbasaur, and I'm glad it and May bonded in the episode (and I'm glad to see May catch a new pokemon after what happened with swablu a while back), but the main plot wasn't all that great. The real highlights of the episode for me was Ash going to rescue May (*chants* I'm a contestshipper, I'm a contestshipper *chants* Okay, so the Ash/May stuff was nice, but I'd hate to get torn between two ships for one person like I was with Xena) and Wobbuffet's many cameos. :D It was cute how Wobbuffet kept appearing from the turning door. LOL

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Jesse GS the II said:
I've discovered that a lot of people here are weird. It's to be expected.
Er...just because I've never heard of strip malls, doesn't mean I'm weird. o_O

R

Robert

The episode wasn't very good. I thought it was a bit odd how they often referred to the "wrath of the grass Pokemon" when most of the ones they showed were not especially powerful. I didn't like how Venasaur's voice was almost lighter than Bulbasaur's voice, either. And I'm glad May has another Pokemon, but we've had a Bulbasaur as part of the crew for over 200 episodes... On the bright side of things, I liked some of Wobbuffet's random entries and Ash holding May. I also liked Bulbasaur and his flower... That's a great picture.

But why couldn't TR just have crushed Ash and Co instead of doing their motto?

That was the very first thing I thought of when I saw that scene... 0__o

I'm just wondering if the Poochyena were dubbed, because when I heard their shadow ball cry, it sounded like they were actually saying "Poooochey--ena!!".

V Faction

www.faction.com
Corvair said:
I'm just wondering if the Poochyena were dubbed, because when I heard their shadow ball cry, it sounded like they were actually saying "Poooochey--ena!!".
Nope. If they are, then that's one soft voice being used.