• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Grass Hysteria! (349)

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Isn't Poochyena's Japanese name Pochiena anyway?

Yeah; Poochyena basically kept its Japanese name...and I heard them saying their name when throwing the Shadow Balls.

V

vulpix

you know the only reasoni like this episode is because of how cute Bulbasaur was!

Blackcat88

Trippy.....
i noticed that no one has mentioned this......there were no Hoenn grass type pokemon in that entire garden. unless i missed something, it was nothing but a bunch of Skiploom, Sunflora, and oddish (and respective evolutions). this just seems odd to me since, duh, the gang's in Hoenn. wouldn't there have been at least one Hoenn pokemon in there? otherwise, this was a nice episode.

i also noticed another thing. some people have mentioned that Advanced shippers would like this episode. while i guess i would have to agree, i would also have to burst their bubble (sorry :p) since Brock and Max showed as much concern as Ash did (so hey, everyone can claim it as evidence of this or that ship :) ).

Blackcat88 said:
i noticed that no one has mentioned this......there were no Hoenn grass type pokemon in that entire garden. unless i missed something, it was nothing but a bunch of Skiploom, Sunflora, and oddish (and respective evolutions). this just seems odd to me since, duh, the gang's in Hoenn. wouldn't there have been at least one Hoenn pokemon in there? otherwise, this was a nice episode.

Yeah no Shroumish ect. But the end was kinda wierd. If I didn't know what was gonna happen I would of though another Swablu sinaerio.

However Team Rocket's machine was funny. But seeing all those grass types from Johto was good and a Vensaur Yay!

8/10 alright i guess.

F

Factory Head Noland

Just watched this episode.

This was such a great episode, I never watched the Japanese version of this so it was all a surprise.
I love Bulbasaur, May's Bulbasaur is so kawaii! It's such a great addition to her team.

I thought it was wierd about the Grass type Pokemon aswell, they could've thrown in a Treecko, Shroomish and a Seedot in there somewhere.

Overall: 9.5/10
I love Bulbasaur, this episode was excellent and Grass types rock!

Sasuke.

I thought this ep was great too ^
First off the bat I just love grass pokemon so it would always be good, not to mention Hoenn is my least favourite gen so I didn't even notice they were missing :p Ash and May holding hands was cute, Venusaur using solar beam was awesome =| continuty!-Wobuffet was still attatched to that revolving door when they blasted off! Overall 8/10

Some little things to clear up though as always ... Ash jumped off that 20ft fence? o_0; I'd have expected him to be lying at the bottom with two broken legs when the rest of the gang followed him later on. Also the pokemon all seemed to be able to understand human despite never having been in contact with any, remember, it's forbidden. And does anyone know what happened to Skarmory?

G

Geki

The episode was pretty cool, I like May's new Bulbasaur. I knew Venusaur was going to use Solarbeam on TR too!!

7/10

T

Transducer

Nice episode. It's great May got a Bulbasaur, it definetely suits her. Plus I really liked that flower scene between May and Ash, it was too cute! ^^;;

Anyways, I give this ep 8.7/10

B

Blaziken master

I mainly loved this episode because of venusaur.He's so cool!

Great episode! I really liked it, a bit too much grass pokemon though;)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Bulbasaur was amazing... May was very smart when she took it.

And I loved to see a Skarmory.

9/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I really didn't like how Skarmory was protrayed. It's always the badguy. How does a person get kidnapped by a bird anyway?

Weird beginning aside, I liked that this particular Bulbasaur was special. It had heart shaped marks on his forehead. It's easy to tell it apart from others of its species.

Liked that May good character development while the boys were trying to get inside the reserve. 6/10

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Kira' Winona's Skarmory makes more for that (And it's first debut in Hoenn does as well)

Great episode, nice to see May capture Bulbasaur. How did those people not see a Skarmony carrying a girl into the garden? I don't think they should have prevented Ash and co getting in their, those guys didn't seem to care at all that May was trapped in there.

saar

Shiny Flygon
Bulbasaur being captured by May was pretty surprising in the first time i have seen it. I thought May will have only one starter. Besides, there were many Grass pokemon, but she captured the Bulbasaur.

I don't know why the old man didn't want to give her Bulbasaur.- It wasn't belong to him.