• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Grass Super Secret Base Team

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
I'm planning a Grass Type team for my Super Secret Base Gym. The battle format will be triples and I was thinking about doing something with Rototiller. I'll make any changes to the team members except for Sceptile, and a Rototiller is a must-have.

;428; Lopunny OR ;051; Dugtrio OR Diggersby @ Focus Sash
Jolly, Any ability
252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Rototiller
- Flying Coverage move like Thunderpunch, Rock Slide, or Wild Charge
- Steel Coverage move like Hi Jump Kick or Earthquake
- Priority like Fake Out, Quick Attack, and Sucker Punch.

;254; Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Timid, Unburden
252 SpA / 252 Spe
- HP Ice
- Leaf Storm / Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast / Quick Guard / Protect (which apparently does not block Rototiller's affects)

;272; Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Modest, Swift Swim
252 HP / 252 SpA
- Icy Wind
- Surf
- Giga Drain
- Fake Out

Other options:
Ferrothorn, Tangrowth, Harvest Trevenant, Harvest Tropius, Eviolite Bayleef, Mow Rotom

Last edited:

I Like Pie!

Smile smile smile!
But Lopunny/ Dugtrio isn't Grass-type. :p

You can try Rototiller Cacturne (egg move from Lopunny). You can try it with Focus Sash and Sucker Punch to always activate Rototiller, survive, and then launch a powerful priority. But it's slow so activating Rototiller in the first place will be difficult.

As Sceptile is already a Special Attacker, you can try Breloom to be the physical attacker, and stop important threats with Spore.
Amoonguss can be the Rage Powder user with Spore back-up too.

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
lol I should have said "Garden" instead of "Grass", but anyways I'm surprised I haven't considered Breloom or Amoongus yet. Any suggestions on items / Natures?

I have play-tested with Dugtrio, Rotom-Mow, and Sceptile and they seemed to work okay together. Rotom's Discharge boosts Sceptile while leaving Dugtrio unscathed. Dugtrio can set up Rototiller fast but it can't really fight back afterwards. I also tested Sandslash and Cacturne against AI teams, but I can't really say for sure if the attacking Grass Pokemon will still be alive by the time Rototiller is used.