1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

"GRASS" the worst starter and possibly type??

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by WingBlast, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WingBlast

WingBlast Poke-holic

Sorry if this have been made before,but I would really appreciate an answer.

"GRASS" is weak to 5 types!!!! ( Never understood why to POISON". It's resisted by 7 types and effective against only 3. ( And we all know the gimmick of water types using ice beam and electric types using signal beam).
    So, do u think that Grass is dwarfed by the other starters? or by the other types as well? what changes do u think the pokechart should undergo in order to balance grass? or do u think it is already usable and on bar with water and fire? Thanks ;)

2. But the grass is perfectly fine. Except for being weak to poison which I don't get.

3. WingBlast

WingBlast Poke-holic

Could u elaborate please? ;)

4. ShinyUmbreon189

ShinyUmbreon189 RealTalkRealFlow

I've never had a problem with Grass Pokemon. I got other Pokemon in my team to counter it's disadvantages. Every Pokemon has eachothers back on my team.

5. KingMinun

KingMinun Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

But Turtwig and Bulbasaur are just too great to be the worst starters

6. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

If poison is absorbed by plantlife, it will most likely wither and die... That's my theory as to why Poison is strong against Grass. But yes, Grass definitely needs balancing out...

7. Dragalge

Dragalge This is more than 20 characters long

Grass is more of support like Leech Seed while helping bring sun and sweep with its other coverage moves like Venasaur with access to Chlorophyll along with Growth and going mixed

8. ^ This.

9. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Eldritch Abomination

Well, the only really "strong" starter type is Water.

Both Grass and Fire are not that good.

10. Trainer Frankie

Trainer Frankie Nostalgia.

Grass isn't super effective to electric, it just that electric isn't very effective against grass.

11. Blackkyurem

Blackkyurem I'm back finally

Grass is alright, but I choose fire.

12. GalladeRocks

GalladeRocks Son of a Beach

I honestly don't think Grass is so bad. Yeah, it has a lot of downfalls and is outclassed by a lot of types, but that doesn't mean it's terrible. Plus there are a lot of Pokemon which are good competitively or at least in-game. Some of my personal favorites to use are Venusaur, Sceptile, Breloom, Torterra, Roserade, Cut Rotom, and Leavanny.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  13. Jaguartail

Jaguartail Well-Known Member

Grass isn't bad. Bulbasaur's great for beginners, Tropius is a good hm slave, Turtwig may well be the best starter of the fourth gen. Just because a type has a lot of weaknesses doesn't mean it's the worst type to start with.

14. Necro101

Necro101 Well-Known Member

I have no problem with grass. It just has more weaknesses than most types. But that does not make a different when the pokemon is asleep. If you read between the lines you should of have got that what I mean't was that they have moves that can paralyz, poison... Etc you should know this... So that means they make up for the typeweaknesses with moves like sleep powder that put the target to sleep. If the target is asleep they can not attack. They are forced to switch out. You can use this to your advantage. Like switching Pokemon or making them switch at your will. But ghost are still the bar type.

RAWK ON

15. Estellise

Estellise freeze!

I'll be honest, I've never never liked the Type. But that doesn't make it bad. Sure, it had its many weaknesses and all, but all Types do.

16. WhyHelloThere

WhyHelloThere Well-Known Member

I never had a problem. Grass is fine.

17. RinRin

RinRin New Member

I've never liked grass type either, it always seemed to weak. Although when I was younger I used to pwn with it. These days my fave is definitely fire; I am usually able to beat the game with just my starter and a couple HM slaves.

18. dirkac

dirkac I smash your Boxes.

Grass is pretty great in my standards, some of the ones that are good are: Breloom, Venusaur, Meganium (walling), Torterra is amazing as it is SE against Fire, and Serperior is fast enough to set up for its team.
    Grass is in no way bad. I like it a lot more than Fire types, which (to me) just plain out suck, well, there are a few exceptions like: Chandelure, Blaziken and Ninetails.

19. SmeargleRocks

SmeargleRocks Reputable Trader

Yeah it is a had type not the worst like fire, fire gets doused rather easily but grass has more weaknesses the only thing is people usually only use 2 of the types that can take it out

20. I mean, the weaknesses and strengths of grass are fine. I just learned why grass is weak to poison.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.