• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"GRASS" the worst starter and possibly type??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
If you're a Grass/Psychic-Type, you're in for a bad time

Tonguetyd

Grass is a pretty good typing.The worst is probably ice.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Sigh... Grass is not as good as the other starter types, but to other types in general, it is still very good. All of you keep talking about Sceptile, Serperior and whatnot, instead of the type itself.
The arguments of the people here are valid, if it was about the pokemon themselves, this is about the TYPE.

^There we go. Yeah, sure grass has some weaknesses, but so do other types. I mean, grass is NOT the worst type/starter. Or, in my eyes, it isn't.

Shaylup

debeo capere omnes
I really like grass types. They have good support moves.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Yes, the Grass-Type is not the best typing.... but It is the best of the starters, imo. designs and moves are what makes the Grass-Types one of my favourites

Nightmareisalive

Grass starters do have it rough in that they have a lot of weaknesses but they are great for support and causing teams so much problems. Venasaur can posion stun or put a pokemon to sleep and with the combo such as sunlight and solarbeam it can be a great asset to most teams. Really you just have to make sure you have pokemon in your team to cover its weakness's and you'll be fine

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Maw I think grass types are decent. Sure it may seem like they can be easily knocked out because they have a few weaknesses that make it not worth a team member, but they are pretty cool. Some might help you one day dangit! D:< Can set up or maybe have a diverse movepool. <.>

Cloud_Arcanine

Scarlett starlett
I nearly always start with a grass type starter. Occasionally I'll go with the others depending on the game, but mainly grass. They've just always been useful for me, whether it was Bulbasaur back in the RB days or Turtwig (stab earthquake once evolved into Torterra, yes please!)

I like to use the grass type starters as well, aside from Chikorita and Snivy. I've never used Chikorita, and I found that Snivy, despite its awesomeness, was relatively weak.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
I picked Snivy as my starter on my first Black runthrough and it did awesomely.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I picked Snivy as my starter on my first Black runthrough and it did awesomely.

Me too, Serperior is nice with its speed and bulk, along with Coil to power up along Leaf Blade and Dragon Tail, plus it got Dragon Pulse in BW2 fixing its coverage problems when you want to run special! Now we just need to wait for Contrary! If offense doesn't suit your needs, it's one of the best Dual Screeners and can pull off a SubSeed set as well!

Thing is, I just play through the game, so I know nothing about proper teams and competitive battling. Due to this, I'm sure, my Serperior had trouble defeating everything, and as such, I dropped it in favour of Hydreigon.

Thing is, I just play through the game, so I know nothing about proper teams and competitive battling. Due to this, I'm sure, my Serperior had trouble defeating everything, and as such, I dropped it in favour of Hydreigon.

I would think anyone would drop any grass Pokemon for a Hydreigon...that's quite the upgrade :p

I would think anyone would drop any grass Pokemon for a Hydreigon...that's quite the upgrade :p

I agree, yeah. It was an Axew at first, though, but it had Rivalry, which was awkward. It was also female, which made Rivalry even worse, especially as a lot of Pokemon are mostly male.

I agree, yeah. It was an Axew at first, though, but it had Rivalry, which was awkward. It was also female, which made Rivalry even worse, especially as a lot of Pokemon are mostly male.

I have to agree with you though on Serperior. Probably worst Grass-type starter in my opinion. 90% of the time I'm all about grass starters but Oshawott took the win in gen V.

Status
Not open for further replies.