• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Grass-Type Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabulous Ampharos

Pokemon Breeder :3
Chikorita line, love the designs but in the GSC/HGSS games, it's arguably the worst starter line due to the sole nature of being walled by trainers including Silver, Falkner, Bugsy, Morty, Jasmine, Pryce, Clair, Koga, Karen and Lance. Sure you can rely on other teammates to help it but the level grinding is horrid.

Personally, Seedot is worse.
I really never had a problem with any of the trainers.

CGS

Shadow Lucario
Chikorita line, love the designs but in the GSC/HGSS games, it's arguably the worst starter line due to the sole nature of being walled by trainers including Silver, Falkner, Bugsy, Morty, Jasmine, Pryce, Clair, Koga, Karen and Lance. Sure you can rely on other teammates to help it but the level grinding is horrid.

I agree, but I still use it in Soul Silver.

Sunkern IS NOT a bad idea..don't be mean to Sunkern ! ;^: *hugs Sunkern*
Seedot, that thing just looks horrible and it only learns bide.
I am not gonna use that pokemon to take hits.

Sunken aint bad after you evolve it lol, I agree on Seedot. I wouldnt even catch it in the hoenn games. I'd wait and catch or trade for Nuzleaf.

xerneas96

RES Lover
Ah, Leavanny. I've been asked many times if my name is a corruption of this Pokemon's. :p
Wouldn't it be something to bring this Pokemon to OU on a sun team? You'd surprise people, and probably get laughed at. I'm tempted to try it out on PS and see if it can do any damage in the OU tier...

Again? I swear the guy's a ban magnet. ._.
I swear he's targeted haha.
@ysmr97
I will PM you.
Leavanny does very well in a sun team I gave mine a focus sash so he could set up a swords dance or two and then sweep with x scissor

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
What is your least favorite Grass type?
It's hard to decide, but I'd have to say sunkern. Horrible stats AND just a bad idea.

I don't really have one,but I have to say Ferrothorn just because of the annoying things you can do with it. Like Thunder Wave+ Stealth rock and other moves like that.

Savanny Killersaurus

In Another Castle
What is your least favorite Grass type?

I really like all of the grass types, but the ones I like the least are the whole Sewaddle evolutionary line. I've never liked their designs.

CGS

Shadow Lucario
I don't really have one,but I have to say Ferrothorn just because of the annoying things you can do with it. Like Thunder Wave+ Stealth rock and other moves like that.

Now I like Ferrothorn, the Iron Barbs when you hit one gets annoying but a good grass/steel to have

ysmr97

Hmmm.... who's my least favorite? I have to say Shaymin. I know I'm gunna stir alot of controversy here, but I'm not a fan.

Savanny Killersaurus

In Another Castle
Hmmm.... who's my least favorite? I have to say Shaymin. I know I'm gunna stir alot of controversy here, but I'm not a fan.

I'm not a big fan of Shaymin either. Then again, I'm not one to go for the cutesy-wutesy Pokemon either. Except Torchic of course. <3

CGS

Shadow Lucario
I'm not a big fan of Shaymin either. Then again, I'm not one to go for the cutesy-wutesy Pokemon either. Except Torchic of course. <3

lol Torchic is one of my favorite starters. I love it more when it evolves into Blazekin

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
Username: Shymain
Favorite Thing About Grass Types: They're all either cool or graceful, and they have awesome attacks.
PO, PS, or WiFi?: PO, wifi gen 5 B2
PO, PS, or WiFi name and FC: Shymain for PO, on wifi my username is Shymain, FC is 2495-3146-0882

Yes, I know eeveelover has claimed Shaymin, but is there any way I could please claim Shaymin Sky? Thanks!

Breloom the SubPuncher

that's what it was if I remember correctly!

Last edited:

Fabulous Ampharos

Pokemon Breeder :3
I agree, but I still use it in Soul Silver.

Sunken aint bad after you evolve it lol, I agree on Seedot. I wouldnt even catch it in the hoenn games. I'd wait and catch or trade for Nuzleaf.

Yes, I am the same way.
I love Shiftry in NU, and in the games because of its unique typing.
Seedot is worse than probably Patrat in BW.

Username: Shymain
Favorite Thing About Grass Types: They're all either cool or graceful, and they have awesome attacks.
PO, PS, or WiFi?: PO, wifi gen 5 B2
PO, PS, or WiFi name and FC: Shymain for PO, on wifi my username is Shymain, FC is 2495-3146-0882

Yes, I know eeveelover has claimed Shaymin, but is there any way I could please claim Shaymin Sky? Thanks!
Your just missing one thing :(.
Read the OP again and edit your post :).
As for the least favorite grass type, i love most of them, but if im honest, i really hate serperior, it had the potential to be so much better design wise and not to mention its dw ablity roo. Serperior was disappointing.
Edit: Welcome to the club, Shymain. Feel free to use the beginner user bars and the link buttons in the OP but be sure to give credit.

Last edited:

CGS

Shadow Lucario
Yes, I am the same way.
I love Shiftry in NU, and in the games because of its unique typing.
Seedot is worse than probably Patrat in BW.

I like Patrat, as one for the first badge but Purrlion is the one I dont catch or have on my team.
Yea, I had Shifty on Black 2

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki

I'm the exact opposite 0-0 I love Shaymin, Celebi, the Chikorita line (never had problems with anyone, really), etc, but my least favorite grass type would probably be the Paras line. I never liked them, although in FR/LG, I always used them to just get Tiny/Big mushrooms :p

CGS

Shadow Lucario
I'm the exact opposite 0-0 I love Shaymin, Celebi, the Chikorita line (never had problems with anyone, really), etc, but my least favorite grass type would probably be the Paras line. I never liked them, although in FR/LG, I always used them to just get Tiny/Big mushrooms :p

I liked Paras's large form

xerneas96

RES Lover
Personally I can't stand simisage and pansage they have little to no use and I wish they made a worthwhile grass type monkey pokemon because monkey's are my favorite animal but they did a terrible job with the simi's

CGS

Shadow Lucario
Lets start a discussion

Which of the grass starters do you like the best?

For me it'd have to be Gen 1

Status
Not open for further replies.